PDA

View Full Version : too dramatic?

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 08:47 AM
the British say the rescue of Jessica Lynch was too dramamtic...who agrees?

I guess they didn't need all those soldiers with guns. all they had to do was send a boy scout up to the door and ask if she was there? can we we take her home, please, pretty please?

I bet if they rescued her, it would not have been "too dramatic"!

:rolleyes:

mugsy
06-04-2003, 08:49 AM
What was their reasoning? Why is it just coming up now?

Edwina's Secretary
06-04-2003, 09:38 AM
It has been reported for some time now in the British press that there were some exagerations in the reporting here. It is just now being picked up by the US press.

Some of the issues include the nature of her injuries, whether there were guards or soldiers at the hospital, the quality of care she received and an attempt to return her by ambulance to US troops which was met by gunfire.

I heard a recent interview with her father in which he said..."We are not suppose to talk about this."

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 12:06 PM
I don't know. I just think, geez don't they have news to report instead of judgements? it was in a foregin country, she was injured, and they rescued her. they should be glad shes alive and back home.

Edwina's Secretary
06-04-2003, 02:39 PM
The "news" is the untruthfulness -- who was being untruthful and why? Even if fiction makes a better TV movie I prefer the truth.

TV Movie (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2003/06/04/DD39138.DTL)

catland
06-04-2003, 03:09 PM
I just read your TV Movie link. Gosh, that's pathetic.

I haven't been following the story very closely in recent days and wasn't up to date on the latest. I find it so insulting that there are people who think that we need our news "dressed up".

There does however, often seem to be a pattern of tearing someone down that has been previously built up. Didn't someone else have a thread about that regarding the Elizabeth Smart story?

I don't know what happened to Private Lynch, but I'm glad she is home and in one piece - especially when I think of the families who have lost loved ones.

I wish the newspeople would show more respect for us and just give us the real story. Stories about specuations aren't stories, they are just a grab at better ratings.