PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe in God

RivenBorn
06-03-2003, 04:50 PM
A small essay on why... (I was bored)

People say I am to young to make up this mind but when you are raised Catholic and find yourself not believing in any of it does that make it wrong? I don’t think it does. I just never found my heart into the whole idea of the bible or God. I believe in varies things like peaces of evolution and peaces of varies cultural beliefs but in God no I can’t say I believe. I think people have the right to believe in what they desire. The whole point of the human race is to believe in what you want.
Anyway people assume that because I believe in no God that I most be an atheist. But that is totally wrong! I believe in some form of power. I believe in the ancient gods and goddesses and also the power of magic. But that was not one two and three we believe. That took random studies to believe in what I do today. What makes me laugh about people who believe in one religion and are very orthodox is that they know nothing or very little to anyone else on the way the world is made. How do you know there is a God? What if the God you believe in does not exist? I stick to the belief in the earth… I stick to the belief man created evil and good. I stick to the belief that man is its own god. Other then that I see no point in believing in a God that does nothing for me.

No offense or anything.

RICHARD
06-03-2003, 05:10 PM
jump on over to the evolution thread.

we are pretty close to finding out who god is!!;)

RivenBorn
06-03-2003, 05:16 PM
I will... Have to read it. I started to but it is so long lol... I will though!

weiner_teddy
06-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Its long because everyone has split desions on how or what they belive in and why....Hey I got an Idea! How bout from now on people look at the old threads instead of makeing new ones... ;) Just a thought....

(by the way dont think this is weiner_teddy prolly sounding kinda rude...this is iceyshiver21..her neighbor...im just too lazy to log on to my name)

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 01:13 AM
oh here we go again. you don't believe in God, I do. others don't and still others do... the end? I believe in cats, I think I will go back to that part of the site, and not come back here:D :cool: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sasvermont
06-04-2003, 07:29 AM
I don't care that you don't believe in God.

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 08:28 AM
you have to believe in cats, or you arent allowed on pettalk... right Karen? hehe

oops sorry you must also believe in bunnies.:D
and dogs
and birds
and fish
and ferrets
and hamsters

well I know cats didnt put them on the earth. and I know I didn't... hmm hey maybe God did.:confused: :rolleyes: :p

lotrfreak
06-04-2003, 02:06 PM
if you believe in a higher power, then why do you believe in the earth?
I used to think about that. Whoa, wouldnt I have a wonderful surprise waiting if i took up the wrong religion, but then, the God I believ in , the God of my fathers, Isaac, Jacob and so one, proves Himself in miraculous ways.

lotrfreak
06-04-2003, 02:07 PM
as rock kills kid says: "I can't explain it, but it is making sense in my head."

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 10:07 PM
if you believe in a higher power, then why do you believe in the earth?

:confused: :confused: I didn't know you had to not believe in God if you believe in the earth? sorry I guess I just don't understand what you mean?

iceyshiver21
06-04-2003, 11:06 PM
wow like I said before....this is getting old and tiredsome...Then why do I keep looking at these posts?? hm....maybe becuase Im not the only one who this bothers.....and umm...ill stop now before I lose it....

Ive also known that you have made like one or two posts on pets and this is kinda like PET OF THE DAY, or at least you could have a wack sense of humor that enlightens all of our days...

again being rude...iceyshiver21

jonza
06-05-2003, 06:43 AM
So you don’t believe in God.

That’s great, really good, because now we don’t have to waste our time wondering about it!

You do have pets don’t you?

Do you have any little funny stories about them or nice pictures? :confused:

We’re on Pet Talk you know.

john

lotrfreak
06-05-2003, 05:50 PM
oh... I meant... I wouldnt really call the earth a higher power....just my opinion....not saying it like you have to believe my opinion..I just...I.....

I wash my hands free of this conversation

Kfamr
06-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I don't care that you don't believe in God.

Then why did you enter this thread? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU CARE OR NOT.

Kfamr
06-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by jonza
So you don’t believe in God.

That’s great, really good, because now we don’t have to waste our time wondering about it!

You do have pets don’t you?

Do you have any little funny stories about them or nice pictures? :confused:

We’re on Pet Talk you know.

john

This is also the "Dog House" thread -- People talk about alcohol and other things in this part of Pet Talk.

Kfamr
06-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Your problem, your loss, and your suffering when you die. Not our problem.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aly
06-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Geez, why does everyone have to be so harsh to someone posting their own OPINION? I believe in God myself, but I am not going to force my opinion down her throat.

allanimalswelcome
06-08-2003, 11:27 AM
I agree with you. I'll believe it when I see it.

~Rachel

Kfamr
06-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
I agree with you. I'll believe it when I see it.

~Rachel

That's how I am. I need to see "God" to know he's there. No One knows for a fact that he/she/it, whatever "God" may be created Human Beings.

sasvermont
06-08-2003, 03:51 PM
I don't care much about the folks who "post and run".... and post such topics because they are "bored"...... and I can appreciate opinions...just not comments to get folks worked up.......this person seems to have too much time on his/her hands.....:rolleyes:

lotrfreak
06-08-2003, 05:12 PM
You are posting on a forum called Pet Talk, and yet you are saying this guy has too much time on his hands?

sasvermont
06-08-2003, 05:54 PM
lotrfreak, can't you read? Go back to the original post!

I do believe we all have the right to post what we want, including me! And you.

Grow up.

Kfamr
06-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Even if they "post and run" You should respect their opinions/beliefs ... saying you just "don't care" and taking the time to actually post.. you obviously have some care to waste your time to type to the person. It can actually feel hurtful when someone says they don't care..... So i say Don't care -DON'T POST.

marysmerrycats
06-09-2003, 09:53 PM
and I can appreciate opinions...just not comments to get folks worked up..

hear hear!

shais_mom
06-09-2003, 11:52 PM
********Can an atheist get insurance against acts of God******
Sorry having a Richard Moment!

Logan
06-10-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Sorry having a Richard Moment! :p

Pam
06-10-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Sorry having a Richard Moment!

:D :D :D Staci, watch out because you are starting to think like Richard for sure! Good one!

sasvermont
06-10-2003, 07:10 AM
Whatever you say!

Kfamr
06-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Right.

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Pam
:D :D :D Staci, watch out because you are starting to think like Richard for sure! Good one!

is that REALLY A BAD thing??

you find yourself laughing and talking to yourself more often, but, other than that.....

that's what happens.........look into my eyes:eek:

lol...

now let's explore this one.....i want every atheist to take a dollar out of your pocket and carefully look at the inscription 'in god we trust'.......no pangs over spending money with "GOD" on it????????

i know, they get around it by credit cards and checks.....

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

now let's explore this one.....i want every atheist to take a dollar out of your pocket and carefully look at the inscription 'in god we trust'.......no pangs over spending money with "GOD" on it????????

i know, they get around it by credit cards and checks..... It's just a matter of time before God is thrown off the money too. They've been working on it for years! :(

Kfamr
06-10-2003, 04:16 PM
I hate money and i hate how everything revolves around money. The only thing i spend money is Simba and Nala.

marysmerrycats
06-10-2003, 05:56 PM
I hate money and i hate how everything revolves around money. The only thing i spend money is Simba and Nala.

when you are older you won't hate it.. you'll love it when you want to buy food and have a house or apt to live in.... :rolleyes:

LoudLou
06-10-2003, 05:58 PM
:D

marysmerrycats
06-10-2003, 06:02 PM
hey that was cute!:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Why does it seem like so many new people are coming here to post about their religious beliefs... or in this case non beliefs...
And choosing a pet board to do it on?!?!?! Seems a little suspicious to me.

I am getting tired of seeing people getting worked up over the same ole tiresome arguements.... I know this is the dog house but I think it odd a lot of new people keep joining with the same topics about "I believe or I don't"...

hmmmmmm..:rolleyes:

zippy-kat
06-10-2003, 06:43 PM
:D :D :D Corgi money!! :D :D :D

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

filthy lucre!!!!

put all your money into an envelope and send it to me....i'll do my best to get rid of it for you.

PM me for my address. I guarantee results.

Kfamr
06-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
filthy lucre!!!!

put all your money into an envelope and send it to me....i'll do my best to get rid of it for you.

PM me for my address. I guarantee results.

If i had any... and like i said, any and all money i have goes to Nala and Simba.

Pam
06-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
:D

If my money had Loud Lou in the center it would be harder to part with. Hmmm this could be a good thing! ;)

sasvermont
06-11-2003, 07:09 AM
You are so funny Richard.....:p

IttyBittyKitty
06-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
when you are older you won't hate it.. you'll love it when you want to buy food and have a house or apt to live in.... :rolleyes:

Nope, still hate money! Well, I should elaborate ... I hate not having money!

In Australia, insurance companies consider floods to be an Act of God. On what basis? Noah got a warning but Mr. and Mrs. Average of Emu Ridge, NSW sure as heck fire didn't.

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
Noah got a warning but Mr. and Mrs. Average of Emu Ridge, NSW sure as heck fire didn't.

it may have to do with the Law of Averages...
:rolleyes:

catland
06-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
Noah got a warning but Mr. and Mrs. Average of Emu Ridge, NSW sure as heck fire didn't.

It's not wise to read the newest post first. I saw Richard's reply to IBK and thought - What does Noahsmommy's kitty have to do with this topic?:eek: