PDA

View Full Version : What is with all of these terrible stories?

lhg0962
12-03-2000, 12:55 PM
Here is another one, just happened to see on MSNBC.com: http://www.msnbc.com/news/497984.asp

Genia
12-03-2000, 04:23 PM
Some people see dogs and other animals as a nuisance. They don't beleive these animals have emotions or feelings. If an animal doesn't bring money or food into the house then they don't deserve to live. In the south where I live you constantly see abandoned dogs scavanging for food, ribs sticking out, or carcusses of dogs and cats on the side of the road. Some people think nothing of throwing a sack of unwanted kittens or puppies into the river. I've even heard of the banging their heads against something to kill them. They don't even have the decency to take them to a shelter. Of course they don't want to spend the money to spay or neuter. Killing is cheaper. Our family had a dog named Lucky. He wandered outside of the gate on day. He was 16 years old at the time. Blind in one eye, arthritic, and had lost most of his teeth. Even though he had his tags, was obviously well taken care of we found him about 1/4 mile from the house, lying in the middle of the road, shot to death. Why? That dog protected us, entertained us, loved us. In the last years of his life he wasn't even given a chance to die with dignity. I can remember my big 6'5" 200 lb brother who was 20 yrs old at the time, crying like a baby as he dug Lucky's grave in our back yard. People who kill like this don't understand the joy of bonding with an animal and that the love you show this animal is returned many times over.

lhg0962
12-03-2000, 06:20 PM
Genia.
What a terrible story. But, you are exactly right! People are terrible sometimes. I posted the China story as a reminder that even when we think thing are terrible here in the USA, they can actually be worse elsewhere. Isn't it horrible the way people will treat innocent animals?
Logan

KYS
12-03-2000, 06:21 PM
People live in a sad society that will not hesitate to wipe out a species of
animal for $$$. Look at the poor
bears that are being slaughter/wiped out for their gall bladder.
Genia,
That is so sad what happend to Lucky.
I can not fathom people capable of hurting animals or their fellow humans. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

teena
12-04-2000, 08:04 AM
These stories make me sick! All I can say is that these people will have to meet their maker one day and answer for the things they have done. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes!

RachelJ
12-04-2000, 08:40 AM
I'm sorry, I just can't read this one. It is appropriate that you share it as some people really do not have a clue, but I do and these awful events are sometimes more than I can emotionally deal with. They weigh on my mind for so long and actually hurt my heart.

tatsxxx11
12-04-2000, 03:20 PM
Ditto RachelJ; I haven't been able to look at one of the posted stories. I REALLY just get too upset and it haunts me for days; not that I want to keep myself shielded from the realities of animal abuse. I just have to sort of prepare myself and know there is something I can do to help. HUA has a site on puppy mills and I FINALLY made myself look at it. It was very informative about how an individual can help stop this horrible abuse. I did accidentally stumble onto a story about an abused shep on the shep rescue site. I actually screamed out loud!! Actually, Savannah will survive after a lengthy hospitalization, and they had an address to which donations could be sent. Anyway, it was soooo upseting I couldn't sleep that night. At least she was a survivor. People who are so weak within themselves that they have to harm defenseless animals to feel strong, to me, lack the basic human qualities that psychologists CLAIM elevate us above mere "animals." I'll say it again. I'll put my faith in my four-legged friends!

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited December 05, 2000).]

shais_mom
12-05-2000, 12:34 AM
These stories are truly horrible, and I agree that these people will one day get theirs.
When I first got online I was on a boxer rescue site and there was their feature dog of the month. I thought he looked strange, so I read his story. His former owners didn't want him anymore so they poured battery acid on him and left him for dead. He was horribly burned, and DID recuperate and they said did not lose his love for life or people or animals.
My best friends parents rescued an Irish Wolfhound, she wasn't abused per se just neglected. And when I say she wasn't abused I just mean she wasn't beaten or burned(just to clarify). Her coat was knotted, she had feces packed along her back legs, her nails were so long they were turned under, she was only allowed outside to go potty and then only on the leash so the people could stand at the door. It took them a long time to get her cleaned up, they have had her a year and are actually still working on her but she has a wonderful personality, and is very sweet.
On another note there is a emailing you can receive M-W-F from petwarmers.com. They are very touching stories and may help ease the pain of some of these stories. It will warm your heart. :-)
The web site is www.heartwarmers4u.com (http://www.heartwarmers4u.com)
:-)

[This message has been edited by shais_mom (edited December 05, 2000).]

ownerof3dogs
12-05-2000, 09:06 AM
thanks for that site I subscribed for the petwarmer stories.

karen israel
12-05-2000, 10:59 AM
I debated on acknowledging this but I can't keep my big mouth shut. Suffice to say that in some countries, people are not treated any better than the animals. The end.

Sudilar
12-05-2000, 01:51 PM
I have been receiving the Petwarmers stories for a few months now and I just love it! There are some real tearjerkers, though. I can't wait to get the e-mails! Try it, you'll like it. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

lhg0962
12-05-2000, 02:30 PM
Ok. Now I'm on the list too! Thanks for the "heads up".
Logan

ownerof3dogs
12-19-2000, 02:47 PM
I know this time of year is suppost to be a happy time but for some it is not. last week a couples two Dobermans were missing. they put out fliers and asked around. no one had seen them. Over the weekend they found their dogs dead. they both were hit and killed by a train
So I would like if everyone said a prayer for these poor people who lose BOTH of their dogs during this holiday season

Daisy's Mom
12-19-2000, 08:06 PM
Two dogs at once? Oh my gosh... I would not be able to handle that!!! I insist to everyone my Daisy's going to live forever! My heart goes out to those poor people... and I don't understand how people can be so cruel to animals. Last summer, my friend adopted a dog that had been rescued from Puerto Rico. She had been tied with wire by her hind legs to a side of a highway and left for dead. Poor thing still has scars, and she was so afraid of everything and everyone. She was too out of control for this family, so they sadly gave her up to someone who knew how to care for abused dogs. Little Rosie is now a happy, loved puppy... and surprisingly, loves everyone. That shows another difference between people and animals. We take forever to forgive someone for something they did, but this poor dog was almost killed and yet she still found love in her heart for people http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif