PDA

View Full Version : We're On A New Mission

K & L
06-02-2003, 10:07 PM
We went to pickup a couple pies at a local restaraunt when Kevin spotted some kittens. We pulled into a deserted Circle K store which is right next to a Plant Nursery. I got out of the car to put some food down and all kinds of kittens went scattering in every direction. I did notice the Nursery is putting food and water out for them, so Kevin & I are going to approach them about us TNR'ing all the cats on their property. Unfortunately they were closed this evening at the time we were there.

Hopefully they will not oppose us doing this! I will keep you posted, if interested!

aly
06-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Good luck! I'm very interested so please do keep us posted.

I just spent an hour trying to lure a kitty to me who was in the Wagreens parking lot. I couldn't get him (he was BEAUTIFUL) so needless to say I'm really depressed. I could tell he was being eaten alive by fleas. Poor baby kept itching and itching and shaking his head. I would love to take him to the vet. I'm going to be setting a live trap there and hopefully I can get him. There's a busy street on every side of Walgreens :( :( :(

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2003, 10:50 PM
I sure hope that the nursery won't object. Good luck and please keep us updated. :D

RedHedd
06-02-2003, 11:20 PM
What's TNR'ing?

NoahsMommy
06-02-2003, 11:47 PM
TNR is Trap, Neuter, Release :)

K&L,
What a wonderful idea! I'm so glad you are here for all the kitties in your area. You are a total angel!

marysmerrycats
06-03-2003, 12:45 AM
I doubt they will object, since they are feeding them... they obviously care. good luck, and what a wonderful thing to do!

jenluckenbach
06-03-2003, 04:58 AM
Best of luck with your new project.

IttyBittyKitty
06-03-2003, 05:02 AM
:) I do hope that the nusery will agree with you! Please do keep us updated!

ChrisH
06-03-2003, 05:18 AM
Good Luck! What a great thing to do, please let us know how it is going.

PayItForward
06-03-2003, 05:56 AM
Good grief, you have stabilised the park and off you go finding another project, picking up dinner ?

All the best with the owners.

HayleyRosie
06-03-2003, 07:44 AM
I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us posted.

Catsnclay
06-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Jeez Lisa! :D :D

You must have cat "magnets"!! lol

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2003, 02:30 PM
The nurseries where I get my plants have resident cats that live in the greenhouses. Keep the rodent population under control.

Perhaps if these nurseries don't have "house cats" you could talk them into it?

Prairie Purrs
06-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
The nurseries where I get my plants have resident cats that live in the greenhouses. Keep the rodent population under control.

Perhaps if these nurseries don't have "house cats" you could talk them into it?

There's even a nursery out here whose resident cat (Grey Kitty) is the "spokescat" for their TV commercials. :D

kimlovescats
06-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Yes, Please do keep us updated! Sounds very promising for those babies~

K & L
06-03-2003, 04:29 PM
The good news is they have a great feeding stations setup for these cats...the bad news is .... it's obvious they're not fixing them. We will drop off literature, offer our assistance if needed, and let them know how little this can cost them. Let's hope they're willing to have them fixed and returned to this location. A lot of people just want them hauled off...but with them feeding this may have a happy ending.

Miss Meow
06-03-2003, 05:30 PM
I hope it works out, K & L. There's obviously a caring (but hopefully just naive) person feeding them so hopefully s/he can be educated about desexing.

K & L
06-03-2003, 09:17 PM
***UPDATE***

We talked with the people at the Nursery. They said the cats they have that actually live there are all fixed. The group we saw are being taken care of by the people next to them. They said these people are working with someone that is helping them TNR. SO....good news! We gave them our name, etc. and told them we would gladly help if needed! WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW looks like this TNR stuff is getting around!:D

Lorraine
06-03-2003, 09:24 PM
how wonderful you are! God bless, and good luck!!:) :)

jenluckenbach
06-04-2003, 04:29 AM
That is very good news!:D