PDA

View Full Version : advantage

KittenSL
06-02-2003, 06:12 PM
How many of you use advantage on your cats.. How well does it work?

Shelby

GoldenRetrLuver
06-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Ive tried advantage, and it works ok, but I prefer Frontline Plus for cats and dogs.

weeze
06-02-2003, 09:10 PM
I use Advantage and have found it to be excellent.

carole
06-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Phew so glad to see you on a much less heated thread lol, i use ADVANTAGE and i swear by it, its really great, i have heard frontline is just as good, infact its waterproof i think. Its a little more expensive too, but the expense is well worth it, i would not use anything else, some over counter ones are actually TOXIC to your cat, and flea collars dont work the same, no flea problems once you use advantage for you or your cat providing you use it according to instructions.

aly
06-02-2003, 10:49 PM
I've found Advantage to work much faster than Frontline. Just pulled up some info from a website:

Reasons to choose Advantage instead of Frontline
Advantage is easy. The packaging is easy to use, and Advantage comes with a little picture showing exactly where to apply it.

It can be used any time. You can bathe your dog and apply Advantage a few hours later.

Using both products according to label instructions, Advantage is slightly cheaper.

Reasons to choose Frontline instead of Advantage
Frontline lasts longer. For flea control in dogs, it's probably good for three months. For cats, two months. When the manufacturer began recommending it for tick control, they changed their recommendation from every three months to every month.

Used monthly, Frontline does an acceptable job of tick control. We have had clients complain that it doesn't work and others sing its praises. If you have a serious tick problem, Preventic Collars (dogs only) may work better. Preventic collars make the ticks fall off before they die. With Frontline, ticks usually stay attached and must be removed individually.

Frontline doesn't wash off as easily as Advantage. Both products withstand occasional swimming and light bathing, but Frontline stands up to frequent swimming and even a serious bath now and then.

If used every two months, which is adequate for flea control, Frontline is less expensive.

With Frontline, keep these things in mind:
Do not bathe your dog three days before or three days after applying Frontline Top Spot.

Your veterinarian should give you the the little extra sheet that shows where to apply Frontline and explains how to deal with the somewhat awkward packaging.

Taken from: http://www.placervillevet.com/flea_control.htm

KittenSL
06-02-2003, 11:07 PM
LOL carole.. Im not so mean I swear lol.

Thanks for all the imput on advantage guys! I appreciate it. Shel