PDA

View Full Version : Talk about Desperate??

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-02-2003, 03:59 PM
This is a chat between me and my online friend Mike. He's 12 and apparently he has a "crush" on me. He's a little on the deperate side, eh? I am ILoveOTown for those of you who don't know my AIM name.

TTTofTheSteelers (3:24:28 PM): whats your home phone number im calling
ILoveOTown1988 (3:24:47 PM): what????
TTTofTheSteelers (3:25:04 PM): whats your phone number im calling
ILoveOTown1988 (3:25:16 PM): mike u cant
TTTofTheSteelers (3:25:29 PM): why i need to talk to you
ILoveOTown1988 (3:25:44 PM): do you know how much trouble i would be in???
TTTofTheSteelers (3:25:58 PM): please ill pay 4 it
TTTofTheSteelers (3:26:03 PM): i mean 4 you
ILoveOTown1988 (3:26:16 PM): mike my parents would KILL me
TTTofTheSteelers (3:26:39 PM): :'( that will suck i'd never get to talk to you again
ILoveOTown1988 (3:26:52 PM): why
ILoveOTown1988 (3:28:23 PM): ?
TTTofTheSteelers (3:28:34 PM): i really like you alot
ILoveOTown1988 (3:29:11 PM): mike if my parents would let me i seriously would
TTToftheSteelers (3:29:32 PM): laright
TTTofTheSteelers (3:29:38 PM): i meant alright
ILoveOTown1988 (3:30:00 PM): when i move out or something okay? lol
TTTofTheSteelers (3:30:23 PM): alright lol
ILoveOTown1988 (3:30:30 PM): sorry
TTTofTheSteelers (3:31:36 PM): its alright well i g2g ill ttyl bye bye

<sigh> What will I do with him?

IttyBittyKitty
06-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Ah, the ol' preteen crush. I think the best thing you can do is let him know that you will always be his friend, reassure hm of that, but if he asks for more, make sure you are firm and say that it can't happen right now.

catland
06-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Don't want to scare you but please consider this.

He may or may not be a 12 year old boy.

He could be a grown up man looking for innocent girls to hurt.

Don't ever give out your phone number to someone you don't know - you did the right thing by not doing so.

Someone ever tries to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do - get away from them. If its online, end the discussion and tell your parents. If the board has a monitor and you feel like you are being harrassed, tell them.

I'm glad you shared this today.

bluekat
06-02-2003, 05:08 PM
First I want to say, I love that kitty on your sig! Soooo cute:)

Have you ever met Mike? I mean, if you haven't how does he like you? Is he in your school?
Just tell him that your parents won't let you go out with anyone now, or you're not ready for one. and say that you really like him as a friend, and nothing more.

bluekat
06-02-2003, 05:10 PM
oh yeah, I forgot to say this before, but don't ever give out your number. I was chatting with a guy a long time ago, and he asked for my cell number. So I just left. and yes, what Catland said is really true, he may not be a 12 year old boy.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-02-2003, 05:17 PM
I don't want to make this worse than it seems. I didn't want you guys to lecture me. I've heard it all SO many times.

1. I have not, and NEVER will, give out my full name, or address, phone number, etc.

2. I'm 14. I know better.

I just wanted you to see how desperate he was. I wouldn't have given it to him if my parents WOULD have let me get calls from him.

He is from New York. I have never met him.

I just want to be trusted by you guys. I don't ever give out my number! I can't emphasize enough how much I want you guys to trust me.

catland
06-02-2003, 05:31 PM
I didn't mean to sound like I didn't trust you.

Its the other person that I don't trust, and that's the reason why I wrote what I did. I know we old folks can sure sound like nags at times.

The sad truth is that there are scary people out there. All of us have to be careful on the internet. As awful as it may sound, there could even be a scary evil person lurking right here in Pettalk.

You sound like a smart, capable girl.

RockyRoad
06-02-2003, 06:18 PM
ILMAG~

I know Mike! I've talked to him on the phone at least. My best friend Sam is good friends with him. He's gunna be in my school next year.

He once sent me a greeting card thing and at the end it said "I love you." LOL but Sam said he was just seeing how people would react to that stuff. But who knows...maybe he has a cyber-crush! :eek: Lol ok I'm done. :p

P.S. Sorry I didn't answer you on AIM today-I was probably at the beach (I forgot to put my away message on lol)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Desperate Mike has struck again...

He sent me this...

http://www.aim.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i=325103818&m=4301&rr=y&source=aim999

bluekat
06-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Wow, he must be really crazy about you!

CamCamPup33
06-03-2003, 06:19 PM
aww thats kinda cute ;)

kingrattus
06-04-2003, 12:50 AM
I didn't listen to my parents about not meeting people off the net, Well the first person I met was Named Rob & now we're getting married.
The second person (a girl from back home) i met was cool. We hung out for a few weeks until she dissapeared for 6 months & then I met her downtown & she said she just got out of JAIL!!! That was the last time I decided to meet ppl from the net.

Now I just chat with school friends & PT people only. I refuse to talk to any stranger online. I've had a few guys attempt to stalk me, until Rob tracked them down & called them. So ya be very careful. There r way too many pervs out there, & so far alot seem to be from Ottawa... hmmmmmm