PDA

View Full Version : An interesting encounter!

zippy-kat
06-02-2003, 01:11 PM
I went out of town Saturday for an "interview." (more on that later, I shall keep that a secret for a bit! ;) ) After my meeting was completed, I stopped at PetSmart.

Walking down the cat section, I was stopped by a "cat lady" with a semi-heavy accent. (the first time in my life that i've ever been thankful for those german classes! lol) Though I was in a bit of a hurry, I felt like I should just let her talk. So, we chatted for a bit.... She has three cats, two are inside and one (feral) lives in her shed. They have all sorts of toys & beds & litterpans (she pointed everything they have out to me) but no fancy dishes --"pft! they don't need that fancy junk--a saucer works fine." lol)

One thing led to another and she began to tell me that she was a Holocaust survivor(!) and in the process of writing her story. WHAT AN INTERESTING PERSON! So glad, I waited longer than I had intended!!

ramanth
06-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Wow! An interesting encounter indeed!

Glad you were able to stop and chat. :)

marysmerrycats
06-02-2003, 05:58 PM
wow, that must of been very interesting... so is she going to get her book published? my moms neighbor has 2 books published, I think that would have been very interesting talking to her.

wolf_Q
06-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Wow, that would have been great to talk to her! I wish her luck on her book!