PDA

View Full Version : Meet Wylie!

Soledad
06-02-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm usually on the Cat side of things here at Pet Talk, but my recent move back to the States means I have the joy of being reunited with my dog, Wylie. Here he is:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p38d48074b7513402859edc6a78dd5493/fc048d31.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pe4e20e65cec5e17239063d9f17119a91/fc048d34.jpg

Wylie is a great and gentle dog. When I was 15 I talked my parents into getting me a dog. We got Wylie through an ad, and took him because we couldn't bear the thought of him living in that house any longer. But things turned out fine, and he is a permanent fixture in our home. He's about nine years old now, and is a Border Collie/Yellow Lab mix.

:)

Aspen and Misty
06-02-2003, 01:10 PM
O he is just adorable! I'm so happy you two can be together again! I can't get over that sweet sweet face!

Ash

KYS
06-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Wylie is adorable, My favorite dog of all time,
had ears like Wylie.
I bet Wylie is in 7th heavon being with you again.

lovemyshiba
06-02-2003, 02:50 PM
Wylie is a handsome boy!!!
I just love those ears!!!!!!
How is Boo adjusting to living with Wylie??

Dogz
06-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Wylie is such a hansome boy! I love his face, he is such a cutie! Thanks so much for sharing!:D :cool: ;) :)

primabella
06-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Wylie is just adorable! :D

tatsxxx11
06-02-2003, 04:08 PM
What a beautiful, beautiful boy you are dear Wylie! You must be so happy to be reunited with your Mom!:) I loved reading your rescue story, Soledad! Wylie couldn't have hoped for a more loving home!:) Hugs to you sweet Wylie!

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Wylie is precious!! I just love his ears!!

ChloeLove
06-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Wylie is so beautiful! You're so lucky to have such a precious dog!:)

micki76
06-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Wylie, you are a handsome fella! Welcome to Pet Talk Wylie and welcome to the dog side Soledad! :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-02-2003, 08:10 PM
OOOOOOOH I love your ears Wylie.. You're SO cute!!!!!!!! I just wanna reach out and squeeze ya!

lizbud
06-02-2003, 08:35 PM
Wylie sure is a cutie.:) I love the 2nd pic, it reminds me so
much of my Smokey. He can "lift" his ears like that & the serious
eyes and furrowed brow when he's "thinking". :D Sorry, but I
must have missed the rescue story. Please give Wylie a hug from
me. :) Welcome to Pet Talk Wylie.

Soledad
06-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey Liz, here's his story (re-post from General):

You want story? I'll give you story...

I was fifteen years old and my parents and I had recently been through a hellish experience with a Beagle puppy (simply untrainable and we gave him back to the breeder who was very happy to have him back). I somehow managed to convince them that we should try again.

So, I saw an ad in the paper for Lab X puppies for $35. I had the money, so I told my parents and we went to check it out. The place was a hovel. The mother was under the kitchen table the whole time and was constantly nipping at Wylie, while the other pup helped to beat up on him. This place was a shack. The had no heating, so they'd turned up the gas stove elements! However, they did have a satellite dish and a wide screen tv. Talk about stereotypes.

Wylie was obviously stressed out and being bullied by his sister and mother. Not to mention that the thought of animals having to live there in the first place was pretty horrendous.

So, we took him. My parents (not huge animal fans) whispered to just take him because we could find him another home if it didn't work out. Even they didn't want to see him there.

Wylie hugged me and trembled the whole ride home. When I brought him into our house he hid under the kitchen table, just like he had at his other house. It took some coaxing (and some patience with his bladder) but he came out and realised we weren't going to hurt him.

I trained him everything he knows the day after he came home. He was just a six month old puppy, but he was extremely intelligent. He blossomed in our house, and became the happy dog we know and love.

I wish I could have taken the other two out of the home (even though they were awful snippy dogs), but it took a small miracle to let my parents take Wylie.

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 08:51 AM
Wylie is so cute! so, how is everyone adjusting to the new house? have you been able to relax yet?

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Welcome, Wylie! I can't wait to see more pictures of you and to get to know you. You are a beautiful boy, and we can tell that you are loved very much. (Oreo has "thinking ears" just like you!)

babolaypo65
06-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Soledad, I'm so glad you and your pets are all reunited and settled...

ChrisH
06-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Oh, my, Wylie is gorgeous, such a beautiful face!:) And what a sad then happy history he has, he is one lucky dog that you got him out of that place.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and story, and please give Wylie a big hug from me.:)

Chris

lizbud
06-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the update on Wylie's history. I'm so glad you
were able to take him away from such an awful situation. He
and Boo are both lucky to have you. :)