PDA

View Full Version : What's your song? II

Chinadoll
06-02-2003, 12:30 PM
In the spirit of the other thread, What's your song? I'm curious to know what are the songs that you and your significant other hold dear. Whether it's your wedding song or just your song, list it here! Why this thread? I'm bored at work and I'm trying to improve upon a CD I made for Joey..I'm including all songs that have been special to us over the last 6 years and wanted to know if anyone else had any special songs as a couple.

Secret Garden - Bruce Springsteen - For our first date, we saw the movie Jerry Maguire and this is the theme song from it. Whenever we hear it, we always lauch into a discussion about our first date and what we were really thinking! lol

You Look Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton - At my Senior Prom, this was the very first song that we ever danced to together. I have no idea how I've remembered that after all this time!

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison - We love to dance and anytime we ever hear this song we have to dance to it. I love spinning around the dance floor with him.

Let's Stay Togther - Al Green - Just cuz. We both love the song and it always makes us think about us.

Your turn!
:D

Soledad
06-02-2003, 01:07 PM
"Dream a little dream of me"

It's an old song, and there are many versions of it (I'm very fond of The Muppets version), but it always reminds Sam and I of the long months we spent apart. :)

anna_66
06-02-2003, 01:10 PM
but our song is

You shook me all night long by AC/DC

and it's not our song for the reason your thinking;) It's just the first song we heard together.

RubyMutt
06-02-2003, 01:21 PM
We have a few...

"Boom" by POD - that's kind of one of our little insdie jokes :)

"Dreamer" by Ozzy Osbourne

and "Hanging by a Moment" by Lifehouse

:D

Kfamr
06-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Ok.. I don't reall have a "significant other" but the song i hold dear for me and Nelly :p Is his song Dilemma :p .... it's just exactly how i feel... " no matter what i do, all i think about is yooou!" :p :p OK i need sleep lmao

babolaypo65
06-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Ya know... awhile back someone posted a thread asking if we thought about other PTers while shopping. I thought, no....

But I gotta admit I used to not like Nelly, and in particular that song. NOW, because of you Kfamr I actually like it! I took the time to listen to it, to the lyrics....

Truth be told when I first saw your sig I didnt know who he was. (and thought you were maybe betrothed to a woman... Later I realized he's the guy with the white thing on his face. Now, when I'm at the gym and I hear it come on, I turn off my own music and listen. Thanks for sharing him...

Tina
06-02-2003, 02:48 PM
November Rain- by Guns'N'Roses- This is our favorite song to slow dance.

Dakota's Mommy
06-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Oh, there are so many songs that Brian and I love to listen to together. Most of them are R&B songs but our wedding song was:

Love Always by Kci&JoJo

Again, there were other songs of thiers and many other groups/singers that Brian used to always sing to me, I love it when he finds a sweet song and wants to make sure I know it and sings it to me! He can be so sweet when he wants to be!

Cincy'sMom
06-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Our first dance at our wedding was "With This Ring" by Sawyer Brown

Some other we debated using (or used in other parts of the reception) were:

Kiss To Build A Dream On-Louis Armstrong
What A Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong
She Loves Me- Harry Connick Jr
Grow Old With Me- Mary Chapin Carpenter

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-02-2003, 04:11 PM
"I Just Want You" by Ozzy

and

"You Can't Hide Beautiful" by Aaron Lines

Brian sang both of them to me. :D :D

RubyMutt
06-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
but our song is

You shook me all night long by AC/DC

and it's not our song for the reason your thinking;) It's just the first song we heard together.

Is your Angus named after AC/DC's Angus Young?? ;)

I love that song too :D

captain
06-03-2003, 01:29 AM
Our song :

Wedding waltz - Don't Know Much by Linda Rondstadt and Aaron Neville

Others :

Wild Thing - by The Troggs (OLD!!)
Everything I do - Bryan Adams
I believe I can fly - R Kelly

lynnestankard
06-03-2003, 03:31 AM
'Our' song is a really oldie - just like us!!

'Dedicated to The One I love' by The Mamas and Papas. Awwww.

Lynne