PDA

View Full Version : who is your favoret artist and painting?

tikeyas_mom
06-01-2003, 08:34 PM
who is your favoret artist and painting?

mine is van gogh starry night. I love the painting so much and Van gogh is just so amazing, I have read alot about him. he was a great artist.

if you have never seen the painting Stary night. here is a pic..

http://www.arches.uga.edu/~ryanbush/starry-night.jpg

babolaypo65
06-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Even before I read your post, while looking at the title it was clear: VanGogh, Bedroom at Arles

Followed by Georgia Okeefe: Sky above clouds.
Its tiny. Picture it big!

babolaypo65
06-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Here's Bedroom at Arles.

Kfamr
06-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Amy is my favorite... i don't have any favorites i LOVE all of her work..... I'm my second favorite :p

tikeyas_mom
06-01-2003, 09:13 PM
thoughs are great pics, I am a artist obsessed, along with pet obsessed of corse, lol.

my second fav would have to be.... Cassius Marcellus Coolidge dog paintings, they have so much detail and they all are in different sence, my all time fav of Cassius Marcellus Coolidge paintings is the Dogs playing Cards ......................

http://math.gmu.edu/~eobrien/m351/dogs1.jpg

IttyBittyKitty
06-01-2003, 09:26 PM
She has to be my absolute favourite! I couldn't possibly pick one, I love them all. She was just brilliant.

babolaypo65
06-01-2003, 09:28 PM
oooh GOOD CALL!!!

Did you see the film? I LOVED it. Especially how they integrated her works into it; the whole multimedia thing... LOVED it.

Oh hers, I'd have to go with the self portrait with Diego on her forehead. Have it in my office. well, a poster of it, LOL.

Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
She has to be my absolute favourite! I couldn't possibly pick one, I love them all. She was just brilliant.

kingrattus
06-01-2003, 09:39 PM
VanGogh. I've watched the movie, looked at all his paintings, drew one of his paintings. My art teacher knew I liked VanGogh & so did he, he use to call me his little VanGogh. I was known as one of the best Artists in HS. My teacher almost died when I told him I was going into police foundations, insted of the university he wanted to hook me up with. I felt sooo bad, I hurt him alot, he stopped talking to me.

But I still think I'm a fairly good artist, with a pencil & charcol only. I'm ok with paint & pencil crayons, but my detail is lacking when colour is added.

wolf_Q
06-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Amy is my favorite... i don't have any favorites i LOVE all of her work..... I'm my second favorite :p

Awww thanks Kay Ann!! :D I love your art too! :D

I tend to forget names......so here's just what's coming off the top of my head (probably spelled wrong)...M.S. Escher, Bev Doolittle, ack...there's lots of wildlife artists I just LOVE but their names are escaping me...Jim Christensen has some great fantasy/whimsical art...........I'll remember names later.....been a while since I was in school...:o Oh, and my high school art teacher (also professional artist) Steve Bartholomew.....he's amazing!!

RubyMutt
06-02-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Amy is my favorite...

I love Amy's work too! She's amazing!! :D

I also love Jacob Lawrence, Salvador Dali, Frida Kahlo, Vincent Van Gogh, Cezanne, Monet...

I have MANY favorite paintings... a few are: Lawrence's "Man With Birds", Edvard Munch's "The Scream", Dali's "Sacrament of the Last Supper"

RubyMutt
06-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
oooh GOOD CALL!!!

Did you see the film? I LOVED it. Especially how they integrated her works into it; the whole multimedia thing... LOVED it.

Oh hers, I'd have to go with the self portrait with Diego on her forehead. Have it in my office. well, a poster of it, LOL.

I need to see that movie! Some of Kahlo & Diego's paintings were just on tour and I saw them at the Seattle Art Museum. They were so beautiful! I have been a fan of Khalo's for years, it was so wonderful to see her work in person. :)

Miss Meow
06-02-2003, 12:55 AM
I love van Gogh, especially watching his mental decline in his brushstrokes over the years (weird, I know :))

One of my favourites pics is Weeping Woman by Picasso. She was hanging in the National Gallery of Victoria until she was stolen one day. There was a massive search and one day she was found unharmed in a train station locker.

http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/european/twentieth_c/th_b/bt_w_w.jpg

popcornbird
06-02-2003, 12:56 AM
My grandfather. He was a great artist and painting/making designs on glass/mirrors was his career. I just LOVE drawing and painting and everyone in the family says I took it from my grandpa. Its a shame that we don't have any one of his paintings or art mirrors, because all of my aunts and uncles have them all. They just live so far away that we never got one, but next time we visit them, I'm going to ask them to give us a few. Its not fair that we didn't get any after his passing. Those are really good memories of him. Can't wait till we visit our family again. I'm going to get some from them. :p

2nd is Amy. :p 3rd is one of my best friends.

06-02-2003, 03:56 AM
my all-time favorite painter is and will always be Van Gogh!
We went to the brand new Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam twice already; it is AMAZING!! I can spend hours there!

IttyBittyKitty
06-02-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
oooh GOOD CALL!!!

No, I haven't seen the film yet. Missed out! I think Selma Hayek would have been PERFECT for the role though!

I know the one you mean, forget what it is called. Many of her works reflect her love, almost obsession, with Diego. You can't truly appreciate Frida's works without understanding everything she went through before painting them, the horrific tram accident especially! :eek: :eek:

jonza
06-02-2003, 06:11 AM
That's difficult, there's so much to choose from.
But Fister has a favourite! See Fisters Family Album (http://207.44.135.130/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20001&highlight=family+album) :D

john

babolaypo65
06-02-2003, 08:00 AM
It's out on dvd/video now.
Rent it. I learned things I hadn't known before about her, and her work. Understand the Trotsky thing a little better even.

Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
No, I haven't seen the film yet. Missed out! I think Selma Hayek would have been PERFECT for the role though!

I know the one you mean, forget what it is called. Many of her works reflect her love, almost obsession, with Diego. You can't truly appreciate Frida's works without understanding everything she went through before painting them, the horrific tram accident especially! :eek: :eek:

AmberLee
06-02-2003, 02:29 PM
I really love Monet's work and have a poster or two in most rooms in my home. No single work stands out as a favorite, though.

In my early teens I adored El Greco's "A View of Toledo" -- magnificent and brooding. I still love it, but am somewhat less obsessed with it finally.

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2003, 02:48 PM
I too, am a Monet fan....except for the lily ponds and haystacks!

But my favorite...and I suppose this is an odd choice -- John Singer Sargent. I love his portraits...

AmberLee
06-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I too, am a Monet fan....except for the lily ponds and haystacks!...

I even love the lilypads, but I agree that I could have done with a few less haystacks. :p :D

ParNone
06-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Franz Marc... His work is from the early 1900s. He was part of
the German Expressionistic Group, "The Blue Riders", that
also included Kandinsky. I love his use of colors and that
the bulk of his work is animal related.

Here's a couple of my favorites:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pab690f8b7a6a285406bf555fa0a3899e/fc04346c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p302320695698ca3518ae951e37018b5d/fc043466.jpg

Par...

RubyMutt
06-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I too, am a Monet fan....except for the lily ponds and haystacks!

Ooohhh, I love Monet's lily pond paintings. Gorgeous!! Those are some of my favorite paintings by any artist. But I have an obsession with water lillies & lotus flowers... I've gone so far as getting a tattoo of one.