PDA

View Full Version : circuses...................your thoughts..........

carole
05-31-2003, 10:58 PM
I wonder what your feelings are on circuses with exotic animals?

PayItForward
06-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Do circus still have animals ?

In Sheffield, the council only give licenses to animal cruety free circus. These circuses have horses but no elephant/tigers etc.

moosmom
06-01-2003, 09:23 AM
I don't go to circuses anymore after what I've seen, heard and read about their treatment of the elephants, as well as the other animals.

CathyBogart
06-01-2003, 12:58 PM
I refuse to give any money or support to such ventures. They are pathetic.

wolfsoul
06-01-2003, 01:28 PM
I think it depends on the circuis. ie, taking care of the animals, breeding endangered animals wisely, knowing feeding requirements, getting health checks, educating people / audiences on the animals, possibly using their made money for purposes of helping animals. I think that if a circuis met these standards, that it would be good.

I'd been to a circuis a few years ago. They didn't have many exotic animals. They had a tiger, a couple jaguars, horses, dogs, an elephant, and a few everyday things.

I had also gone when I was two years old. This one had MANY exotic animals, and considering the amount, I highly doubt that they properly cared for their animals. I don't remember it, my my mom told me, and she also said how she almost let me ride the elephant but she changed her mind at the last second and made me cry lol

tikeyas_mom
06-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Its evil . enough said!

ChloeLove
06-01-2003, 05:16 PM
I can't stand circuses...they treat animals like crap. :(

carole
06-01-2003, 06:12 PM
They dont go down well with me either.
I remember a certain circus that was down the road from me, i ended up reporting them to the S.P.C.A it was a hot summer and they had dogs caged out in the open, no shelter, i was so angry, we have lots of protesters at circuses here, i am prepared to join them next time .

Desert Arabian
06-01-2003, 10:03 PM
I hate them. They are sick and disgusting.

The way they treat & beat the show animals is enough to make a person pull out a pistol.

I refuse to go to any.

Cheshirekatt
06-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Between the clowns and the animals they exploit, circuses are evil.

wolf_Q
06-01-2003, 10:54 PM
I've never been to one.....ever......

GoldenRetrLuver
06-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Circuses are evil....they treat their animals like dirt, they hit them if they do something wrong, and they are disgusting places. I went to one last year and will never go back again. I hope one day, ALL of them are put out of buissness.

carole
06-01-2003, 11:38 PM
The best way for that to happen is to buoycott them and not attend them, then they will go out of business, but i worry what will become of the animals if that happens, will a zoo take them in,lets hope so.