PDA

View Full Version : well George and Henry are gone

marysmerrycats
05-31-2003, 07:52 PM
not living here anymore... I miss them. and I don't want to talk about them right now, just wanted to let you all know that. I'm just hugging my 5...and I will never try this foster thing again. :(

K & L
05-31-2003, 08:52 PM
Hugs to you! That's exactly why my husband & I don't foster, we get too attached and then can't let go. I'm sorry you're sad!:(

Cataholic
05-31-2003, 09:12 PM
We all know our strenghts, and maybe this isn't one of yours. I don't think I could do it..I still think about the ones I fostered two years ago. Good thoughts coming to you for being unselfish enough to give it a try. Hugs.

carole
05-31-2003, 10:05 PM
Mary i am real sorry to hear you are feeling sad, just take comfort in knowing what a great job you did with them, and well you gave it your best shot, and thats all anyone can do, take care and hugs to you.

Christiansmommy
05-31-2003, 11:14 PM
I know that probably nothing we say can make you feel better
:( ...but i just wanted to say...i got my Guinness from a foster mom, and if it wasnt for her taking him in, he might not be alive today...and now he is where he belongs in his forever home...and i owe her so much for caring for him; he is my sweet baby boy...it is very special of you to foster and those cats were very fotunate to have you...anyway, eventhough you miss them, just know that you did an awesome thing for them and that you were meant to be a part of their life for that time...and it was good while you had them. I hope i didnt step on any toes by giving my 2 cents...just hope you are feeling a little better. And since i adopted from a foster mom, i owe foster moms like you all the thanks! :)

Robyn

krazyaboutkatz
06-01-2003, 12:36 AM
Mary, I'm sorry that you're sad but you should also feel very proud of yourself for giving them a great forever home. :)

IttyBittyKitty
06-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Mary, I'm sorry that you're sad but you should also feel very proud of yourself for giving them a great forever home. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself! Fostering isn't for everyone, it can be emotionaly unberable for some, nor is volunteering at shelters for the same reason. Thank you so much for giving it a shot, Mary, because of the difference you made in those cat's lives! Lots and lots of hugs coming your way!! :) :)

aly
06-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Fostering and shelter work is so emotionally taxing ... I still cry about every single foster I've had (there's been TONS). But I take comfort in knowing they have loving forever homes with wonderful people. I don't know your situation though but my thoughts are with you while you get over the pain.

Dogz
06-01-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry that you feel sad Mary.:( I don't think I could foster either. {{Hugs}} to you Mary!

catland
06-01-2003, 11:29 AM
I can't say it any better than anyone else. I'm sorry you feel so sad. Hopefully, in the days to come, you'll be able to focus on the good memories and the knowledge that you made a difference in their lives.

kimlovescats
06-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Mary, I just had to place my Gwen and the "PT favorite" Tubalina!!! It was very hard to turn them over to their new mom!!! I still keep thinking, but she's not ME.... they aren't used to HER!!! However, I know deep in my heart that they will be fine, healthy and happy!

Thank you for giving George and Henry a loving start and don't say "NO" to more fosters just yet. The very next day after Gwen and Tubalina left, I got a call about another kitten, and went to pick her up! I just posted a link about her on the Rescue thread!

(HUGS) to get you through this period of mourning! ;)

marysmerrycats
06-01-2003, 11:48 AM
I didn't do them any favors, they were not fostered that well, I had to keep them in a separate room, and that was mean to them. they couldnt run thru the house and play. I did spend time with them a couple or few times each day, time with them and they were fed well of course. but they wanted to get out, well that would have been a disaster with the other cats. I had originally got them to keep them but it was clear the first day that wasn't going to work. so then I thought I would just foster them. and I did but I will never do that again. if fostering works for some thats great. I can't do it, and I should have learned with Emma and Louise.. I was at first fostering them and then I adopted them. I should have known better. I adopted them because i just absolutely could not stand the thought of them being separated... and thats why I had called the ad about these two males. well it might happen anyway. so no more cats for me.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-01-2003, 11:57 AM
mary, don't be so hard on yourself!

You fostered them, you took care of them. You did what you could for them. You are a wonderful person for doing so.

Be happy, because of YOU, these two kitties have a forever home.

marysmerrycats
06-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Jen, and all
ok I guess I didn't tell where they went. ... I guess i goofed on that. I gave them t o a lady my mother knows, she has 3 cats already, and a couple dogs. I wasn't crazy about having to give them to someone that had dogs, but will see.

NoahsMommy
06-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Mary,

I couldn't foster either...at least not now. Its different (for me) when they are in a safe place like our HS, but if I took them all home (oh, wait, I HAVE!!!!! ;) ) ...I couldn't give them up. It killed me to return Oliver...but I think those that can foster get to a point where they want whats best for foster kitties.

I know Oliver is now in his chosen home....just like George and Henry are in.

You did great...you are a wonderful person to open your home to kitties that needed you. I"m sure a nice, warm, happy home is better than any safe HS....or shelter anyday.