PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Recipes

Cheshirekatt
05-31-2003, 07:41 PM
Ok, so I did a search and couldn't find a thread like this so here goes. I'm an avid baker and cook so I like to collect other people's recipes. What's your favorite?

Here's mine:

Fresh Strawberry Pie
Crust:
50 reduced calorie vanilla wafers
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Filling:
2 cups ripe strawberries
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
6 cups fresh strawberries
1/2 cup whipped topping

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. To prepare crust, place wafers in a food processor and process until finely ground. Add butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, and orange peel and pulse 10 times or just until wafers are moist. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9 inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
3. To prepare filling, mash 2 cups strawberries with a potato masher. Combine mashed strawberries, water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in a small saucepan and bring to boil; cook 5 minutes stirring occationally. Press the strawberry mixture through a strainer into a bowl, and reserve 1 cup strawberry liquid (add enough water to make 1 cup if necessary. Discard pulp.
4. Arrange a layer of small strawberries, stem sides down, in the crust. Spoon about 1/3 of sauce over the strawberries. Arrange the remaining strawberries on top, and spoon the remaning sauce over the strawberries. Chill for at least 3 hours. Serve with whipped topping.

Enjoy!

Karen
05-31-2003, 08:02 PM
The old recipe thread is here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16188&highlight=recipe)

Cheshirekatt
05-31-2003, 08:27 PM
Cool....thanks Karen!