PDA

View Full Version : What is your dogs AKC registered name?

GoldenRetrLuver
05-31-2003, 05:43 PM
What is your dogs AKC registered name?

Daisys is Juliannes Prancing Daisy

Mollys is Tuitions Mystic Molly

LOL, weird i know:rolleyes: :)

ChrisH
05-31-2003, 05:50 PM
Bob `s registered name at the UK Kennel Club is Cwm Mawr Jet!:)

Kfamr
05-31-2003, 07:02 PM
My dogs aren't "AKC registered" - who cares.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-31-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
My dogs aren't "AKC registered" - who cares.

I didnt mean to offend anybody. I was just wondering. Sorry, if i did. It doesnt matter if dogs are "AKC" registered or not.

doglovrforevr
05-31-2003, 07:26 PM
OMG! My mom picked the STUPIDEST name for Rusty!!!:mad: She claims she did not know and did not ask me or my sister what we wanted to name him.:mad: She name his Javahill's Rusty Shao, but they misspelled Shao :rolleyes: and now, he is
Javahill's Rusty Shaw! GRRR:mad:

lovemyshiba
05-31-2003, 08:17 PM
We never registered Kito, because we couldn't think of a name:rolleyes:
I knew he wasn't going to show or be bred, so it kind of fell by the wayside.
Interesting question though, it's neat to hear the names.

aly
05-31-2003, 08:24 PM
My dogs are mutts but I like to say Reece's full name is

Reecie Piecey Poopie Poodle Pie

:D

primabella
05-31-2003, 08:26 PM
I didn't care to give him a fancy name so we registered him as Mickey and our last name. If it weren't for the breeder, he wouldn't even be registered with them...

lovemyshiba
05-31-2003, 08:28 PM
Cute, Aly:D :D :D :D

If we're going with names like that, than Kito's is Kito the Shiba Inu, Mr Not Having Sleepies or Creepy Sleepies; Abbey's is Crabby Abbey, not so shabby; and Riley is the little Rileymonster or Rileykins;)

tikeyas_mom
05-31-2003, 08:58 PM
my dogs are not AKC registered. I call Tikeya, Tikeyla toco bell. and we call oscar, Oski Bear!

GoldenRetrLuver
05-31-2003, 09:00 PM
Cute names everyone!:D

Tonya
05-31-2003, 10:25 PM
Teddy's is Theodore Bear *our last name*. (Don't give last name out online. hehe

Dogz
05-31-2003, 11:00 PM
Well, Digger, Chubby, and Otis aren't AKC registered, and I wouldn't care if they were or not, because we aren't going to breed them or anything but...
Prince is: Prince Taylor- White Fox
Prince loves to be called White Fox... that was my dad's idea.

binka_nugget
06-01-2003, 12:47 AM
Kai isn't registered with the ckc yet although it doesn't really matter to me...but his name is just satellier's Kai. Although..I should have said "Sleeping beauty pooh bear Kaiky bobby"

Oh yea..I read somewhere that a magazine registered 2 cats as 2 goldens...shows how much the registering actually means...

KYS
06-01-2003, 01:22 AM
posted by aly:Reecie Piecey Poopie Poodle Pie>>>>>

:D That has got to be the best name.
I love it.

I'm not a AKC fan,, but I did end up registering
our dogs, at the breeders request.

Pepper's: Bittersweet something. (I forgot since my husband picked hers.) hehehe

Rocky: Rockin my Heart.
Sheba: Chai Kuma Sheba

wolf_Q
06-01-2003, 02:07 AM
Smokey and Nebo aren't AKC.....well, I think Smokey was from an AKC litter but we didn't get the papers.

Reggie is, we have the papers....but we probably didn't even send them in, honestly I don't know. I remember something stupid like "Royal Reginold." :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
06-01-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by aly
My dogs are mutts but I like to say Reece's full name is

Reecie Piecey Poopie Poodle Pie

:D

I do that too!!

Cincy is Rolly Polly Cincy Bear
Spot is Spotty Potty Potsey Boy
and Sadie is Sadie, Sadie Pretty Lady or Sadie J

GSDgurl
06-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Asia is AKC registered...but we never gave he a long registered name...its just Asia..:rolleyes:
Alex I really don't know...b/c the guy that dropped him off at our house.....didn't really give us anything about him. :rolleyes:

babolaypo65
06-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Owen's registered. My first, and likely only registered pet (no political reasons, It's just expensive). He doesn't have a fancy name really. He's Owen Laphroaig Meany.

wolfsoul
06-01-2003, 01:59 PM
My dogs aren't registered, and I've never even had a registered dog....

But when I'm older, my german shepherd, named Daystar, will be Star that shines through Day, and my catahoula leopard dog, named Rex, will be Saracne clear as glass.

If I could name Timber and Leather, they would be:

Timber: Jordan's Gold and Sable
Leather: Outmastering Houdini

I read that CKC is better than AKC because people from CKC actually come to see your dog and watch it's movements, behaviour etc, and that AKC only registers from a picture. I read that story about the cats who were registered as goldens, and there was also a pig that was registered as a wolf hybrid :rolleyes:

Tonya
06-01-2003, 02:13 PM
CKC...is that Continental Kennal Club? or Canadian? I know one thing with Continental is that you can register practically anything, including mixed breeds. I don't think it is really good or bad. I have mixed feelings about breeding. On one hand, it keeps the breeds pure. On the other hand, there are so many strays out there that need homes. Teddy is my only papered animal.

wolfsoul
06-01-2003, 02:16 PM
I meant the Canadian Kennel Club :)

Tonya
06-01-2003, 02:25 PM
I see. I don't know much about Canadian Kennel Club. I just know about Continental Kennel Club because I almost bought a pomeranian registered through them. Turned out she had to be registered ckc because her mom was only a couple months old when she had her. I guess moms have to be 9 months or something to register the puppies akc.

Andie
06-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Katie and Duke (well we are still waiting on Duke's papers)

Katie = Katie Mae Conway
Duke = well we are still throwing names around. So far we have: Duke Conway, Sir Duke Conway, Duke's A Hazzard, Duke Deviline Conway

anna_66
06-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Angus is the only one who is AKC registered (we didn't plan on breeding Roxey, so we figured what's the use).
His AKC name is "Sonchen Von Hunden". We did research at the library and got this german name. His mothers AKC name had "bitch" it it, so he is "little son of bitch".

tatsxxx11
06-01-2003, 05:49 PM
My Star is the only registered dog, or puppy for that matter, I've ever had. I didn't pick her out. She was given to me by my family a few months after the passing of my heart dog, Jingles. My family just happened to strike up a conversation one day with a woman in the supermarket. She was a breeder of Labs and mentioned that her Bailey had just had a litter of puppies. She also just happened to mention that the litter was born on that past Labor day. She specifically said they were delivered at 5pm as she and her husband were just checking the time as they were late for a family barbecue . My Jingles passed on that very same day at 5pm. I guess my family felt it was providence, somehow meant to be, that they bumped into her. They presented me with my beautiful baby girl a few weeks later. When they told me the story, I had to believe that somehow, at that very moment of her passing, my precious Jingles had sent down her beautiful heavenly light to shine in the soul of another Labbie girl and so I named her Marcaps Miracle Summer Star. Everytime I look up at the summer sky and see a beautiful shining star, I see my Jingles smiling down at me.

My Cody is registered too. She's registered in my heart as Mommy's best, beautiful baby girl!:)

primabella
06-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Do you only register if your planning on breeding or showing your dog? I thought it was for toher reasons. Like, my breeder registered him because she has him tatooed and evrything but she made us sign papers swearing we would not show or breed him. What is the registering all about anyway? Someone please help...lol stupid question I know :p

GoldenRetrLuver
06-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Do you only register if your planning on breeding or showing your dog? I thought it was for toher reasons. Like, my breeder registered him because she has him tatooed and evrything but she made us sign papers swearing we would not show or breed him. What is the registering all about anyway? Someone please help...lol stupid question I know :p

When you buy a dog from a breeder, the breeder should be registered with the AKC. The breeding pairs of the dog should be registered also. When you buy a puppy from a breeder, you should get regitration papers. I have no intention of breeding Molly or Daisy (they are spayed so I would not be able too). The papers are just to show you have a purebred dog. There could be more to it, but thats basically what I know.:)

binka_nugget
06-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Yep that's about it for me too. Just to say your dog is pure-bred..but it's not even a big deal anymore..unless you breed your dog. I wanna try to register a rattie as a dane ...lol...hmm

Cisco's Mom
06-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Cisco is AKC registered and his full name is: Little Joe Cisco. Little Joe is his daddy's name and Cisco came from a show I liked when I was young. It was an old western type show called Cisco the Kid.:D

tikeyas_mom
06-01-2003, 08:16 PM
we could have gotten papers from Tikeyas breeder and Oscars as well, but ya it cost alot of money.

If Tikeya was registered her name would be, Tikeya blue eyes goddess, Oscar would be King Oscar floppster. lol ;)

when I get a bull-terrier I will name is Molsen *after Molsen Canadian rocks , boose*, or morgan, after my great great great great grandpa Captin Morgin. yes I am related to him :D.

aly
06-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
My Star is the only registered dog, or puppy for that matter, I've ever had. I didn't pick her out. She was given to me by my family a few months after the passing of my heart dog, Jingles. My family just happened to strike up a conversation one day with a woman in the supermarket. She was a breeder of Labs and mentioned that her Bailey had just had a litter of puppies. She also just happened to mention that the litter was born on that past Labor day. She specifically said they were delivered at 5pm as she and her husband were just checking the time as they were late for a family barbecue . My Jingles passed on that very same day at 5pm. I guess my family felt it was providence, somehow meant to be, that they bumped into her. They presented me with my beautiful baby girl a few weeks later. When they told me the story, I had to believe that somehow, at that very moment of her passing, my precious Jingles had sent down her beautiful heavenly light to shine in the soul of another Labbie girl and so I named her Marcaps Miracle Summer Star. Everytime I look up at the summer sky and see a beautiful shining star, I see my Jingles smiling down at me.

My Cody is registered too. She's registered in my heart as Mommy's best, beautiful baby girl!:)

Oh my goodness.. I am crying :( That is so beautiful.

Corinna
06-01-2003, 10:54 PM
Merlin is reg. His name is Montanas
Mystical Merlin I knew I wouldn't breed him but wanted to show him in obedance trails .

KYS
06-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Sandra, that is such a beautiful story about Jingles and
how you came about getting Star.
I truely believe in fate, and it was fate that brought
Star to you. :)