PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a day!

slleipnir
05-31-2003, 11:13 AM
I'm sooo exhasted :( I was working today, and my mom went away and said I'll be ok by myself as there is nothing going on and it shouldn't be busy. So, this is my 1st time by myself. I get in around 6:30 and around 8:30-9 (it was dead till then) and all of a sudden everyone starts coming in! I had maybe 8 ppl from 7-9 and around 20 ppl from 9-10 (when it closed) Now, being my 1st time alone, I was NOT ready for the ppl! I got the cook, and as nice as he was, he helped me a little. Thank god for him! I didn't stop once, not even for a second, at that point. Not to mention it took me till 12:40 to finish cleaning up :(:( On the bright side, I got over 30 bucks in tips + 3 american dollars ;) :p One table even gave me 12 bucks :eek: I thought my 5 last week was awesome. Well, I'm going to go pass out now :o :o It gets easier, right? lol :p I have no clue why it took me so long to clean up ;)

Freckles
05-31-2003, 11:16 AM
Are you talking AM or PM hours?

slleipnir
05-31-2003, 11:26 AM
AM :( Well, I guess working till 12:40 at night would suck too ;)

wolf_Q
05-31-2003, 01:05 PM
Sounds tiring! Man...wish I'd get that much in tips! Nobody ever tips dog groomers, lol.....I was so happy the couple of times I've got $10 tips, heh.

anna_66
06-01-2003, 06:26 PM
I understand how it is to be so busy like that, it's just the pits. But look at all the money you made, kinda makes it worth it:)

marysmerrycats
06-01-2003, 08:38 PM
wow, you had a busy day! you work with your mom?:)

well sounds like you did fine... so just another day closer to that wall plaque... with your name on it and the words, best waitress in town!:cool: :cool: :cool:

slleipnir
06-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Yeah, my mom is my boss ;) She manages the dining room/bar. I also got to work with my sis today, which was actually fun :) I don't see her a whole lot and shes great to be around :)
"so just another day closer to that wall plaque... with your name on it and the words, best waitress in town!" heheh that would be neat ;) but unlikely :p

tomkatzid
06-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Sounds tiring! Man...wish I'd get that much in tips! Nobody ever tips dog groomers, lol.....I was so happy the couple of times I've got $10 tips, heh.
I want to tip Nina's groomer. PetsMart employees are not allowed to take tips. You have to sneak it in an envelope and I say something like here is the info that you wanted on the Marriott or Hilton. Even though she is the manager she can not take any money.

marysmerrycats
06-02-2003, 12:47 AM
thats strange, the petsmart here, they are allowed tips...or is it because she is the manager?

tomkatzid
06-02-2003, 01:31 AM
None of the groomers are allowed to take tips. When I took Tonee there for years, she had a different groomer, also the manager at that time, and she told me that. Now she is the Dist. Manager for several stores and said that is just their policy. Bad policy. I just sneak it to our girl:)