PDA

View Full Version : Declawing, Cropping Ears, etc.

sasha the cat
05-31-2003, 07:37 AM
Mew, meeow...KatMa and I read all the comments in CAT OF THE DAY on declawing. Our views:

*We are both opposed to taking away felines' ability to defend themselves.
*It is cruel to do this to your furiend whom you say you would never hurt.
*The body every species is born with does not require declawing, defanging or cropping. Our bodies are made with these features for a good reason; they are not "options".
*birth control is a fabulous idea for all species -- so spay and neuter not just us, but yourselves too. Have you noticed how many humans live on this planet? Responsible reproduction is the goal...for all species.

And, IOHO:

*Pet of the Day, Cat of the Day, Dog of the day is a forum to honour a very special pet. All other topics, such as declawing, ear cropping, etc., should not be discussed in POTD, COTD, and DOTD threads.

Mew, mew -- this is how KatMa and I, Sasha the Cat, see it. We accept & respect your right to disagree with us.[COLOR=crimson]

IttyBittyKitty
05-31-2003, 08:47 AM
So is chopping off ears - I can't believe that breeders in the U.S. are allowed to chop of Boxer dogs ears! Though I suppose, we are allowed to chop off their tails here. The RSPCA are campaigning very heavily about tail cropping here in Australia at the moment though.