PDA

View Full Version : Chinchilla friends ???

Fox-Gal
05-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know what other pet can live with a Chinchilla? I have a black Velvet chinchilla and was thinking about getting her a friend to live in her cage, just not sure what she can get along with. I really don't what to get another Chincilla, if not raised toghter they can fight. PLUS, I think my husband would kill me if I got another $100 RAT as he calls it. :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
05-30-2003, 10:40 PM
I don't know much about chinchillas, so I'm not sure :confused: I think it can be difficult to house different types of rodents together, but my rat and my gerbil were housed together, and they got along fine! :D

Whatever you choose, remember to quarantine! ;)

shellonabeach
05-31-2003, 10:56 AM
I know several people who keep degu's with chins with no problems.

Fox-Gal
05-31-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the help guys.:)

CathyBogart
06-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Mixing species like that is generally frowned upon, and with good reason. I don't know anything about Degus, but I'm willing to bet that their nutritional requirements are quite different from those of chinchillas. I would get a neutered male chinchilla, and $100 isn't that much to spend on an animal, so your husband can deal. :P

Most people wouldn't want to fathom how much the Indigo Snake I'm getting for my man is going to cost, even without the setup.