PDA

View Full Version : Tubalina & Gwen Say "Goodbye" ... Adopted Today!

kimlovescats
05-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Tubalina and Gwen were adopted today by a really nice woman! I gave them both baths, clipped their claws, dewormed them, and bought them pretty "necklaces" to meet their new meommy!
I took a few pictures of them before she arrived!
I love these girls so much, and it is hard to say goodbye!!!:(

Gwen Dressed and "ready to go"

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/5.30.03_ReadyToGo.jpg

Tubalina....

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/5.30.03_TubTassel.jpg

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/GoodbyeBaby5.30.03.jpg

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/Tubalina5.30.03Goodbye.jpg

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/Tubalina5.30.03ReadyToGo.jpg

slick
05-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Oh Kim I would have a real hard time giving them up....but...you know they are going to a good home. Will they be close by so you can have visiting rights??

PayItForward
05-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Onto their new furever home, with their pretty necklaces. :D
Great photos (I hope you pass Pet Talks web address onto their new mummy ?!?)

NoahsMommy
05-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Kim,

For some reason I couldn't see the pictures of Gwen, but I did see all the ones of our special Tubalina....she's so healthy looking!! You did a wonderful job, Kim.

Thanks for being there for all these sweet babies, you're an angel!

Love,
Kelly and the furkids

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/5.30.03_TubTassel.jpg

Oh nooo....I was hoping nobody would want her so you'd have to keep her....sniffle, sniffle....

Bye, bye my sweet precious Tubalina. I know your mommy made sure your new mommy was the best mommy you could have, so I know you'll be very happy in your new home. And I'm glad your little sister Gwen will be going with you so you have someone to play with.

Take care little sweetie. :( <sniffle, sniffle.....wahhhhhh>

;) :)

(she looks like she's waving goodbye in this pic - breaks my heart)

kimlovescats
05-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Yes, they will be together, and I know where they will be living ... so I can keep in touch! It was very hard to kiss them and hand them over to another mommy!!!:(

Uabassoon
05-30-2003, 05:14 PM
I'm so sad yet so happy at the same time. I'm happy to hear that they found a good furever home. I hope we get some updates on them.

slick
05-30-2003, 05:18 PM
Hey, maybe you could tell their new Mommy to join Pet Talk and post pictures for us to see????

Prairie Purrs
05-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Lucky person, to be adopting two such sweet baby girls! If she doesn't join PT, maybe she could send Kim some pictures to post now and then so we can keep up with darling Gwen and Tubalina!

K & L
05-30-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm glad to hear they both got good homes. Please post pictures if they ever send you any.

catland
05-30-2003, 06:08 PM
that's so precious. Its so sweet that they get to be together.

jenluckenbach
05-30-2003, 06:42 PM
Good bye girls. This is going to be so hard, letting go, but that is what fostering (like parenting) is all about.....getting them ready for the world by the loving care that they were given since birth. Congratulations on a job well done and know that others are crying with you at their departure.

kath00
05-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Gwen looks especially healthy !! :)

And Tubalina seems to need attention :eek: ... don't know why :D

I hope they found a good mother... :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
05-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Thank you everyone! I'm just so thankful that I was the one who was able to get them through that bad Upper Respiratory Virus, and know that they are back in good health! ;)

Steffi N
05-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Kim, I know its hard for you to say goodby too precious Gwen and Tubalina. Its wonderful that they are going to a good home and that you will be able to keep in touch. It would be great if their new mommy joined Pet Talk and let us see these babies grow up.
They look so adorable in those pictures. Thank you again for taking such good care of them.

moosmom
05-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Kim,

I can understand how difficult it is to say goodbye. But at least you can put your mind at ease knowing they'll be together and are going to a wonderful furrrever home!

Give yourself a big pat on the back and a hug from me. You did good, kid!!!

Cataholic
05-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Bye bye sweet little babies! Have a wonderful life with your new mommy!! {{{{little tears}}}}}

angelkitty023
05-30-2003, 11:49 PM
she cute ......

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-31-2003, 01:04 AM
Yay - another happy story!

Kim, I don't know HOW you do it, but I'm so filled with admiration for the difference ou make in these little lives!

Ally sends you a special nose bumpie and kitten kisses!:D

krazyaboutkatz
05-31-2003, 01:15 AM
I'm so glad that they found a great home and are going to be growing up together. :D I'm also glad that you'll be able to keep in touch and possibly post pics of them growing up. :)

IttyBittyKitty
05-31-2003, 03:50 AM
Kim, I know just how hard it is giving up precious little furrbabies that you love dearly! But, it is such a happy ending - they are now well, they get to stay together and, best of all, they are going to a wonderful furrever home. A cause for celebration, congratulate yourself for giving them the best shot possible at a wonderful life :D :D :D

ChrisH
05-31-2003, 08:30 AM
Oh, it must be so hard for you to part with those two adorable kittie babys. You know they are going to a great furever home and will be happy....but it still must be hard!

Bye, sweet babies, have a wonderful life!

Barbara
05-31-2003, 11:26 AM
They look incredible cute and so healthy too -thanks to you. It's hard to see them go as we have known them for so long but I hope they'll have a long and happy life.....:) :)

rg_girlca
05-31-2003, 11:55 AM
Talk about mixed emotions. So sad to see these precious little furbabies go and yet happy to know that they are going to be together in a loving forever home. Also they will be close by so you can be updated on their progress.
Congratulations Kim, and can't forget hubby who also helped, on a job well done.

Vermontcat
05-31-2003, 03:49 PM
Kim, thanks for a couple of photos of Gwen and Tubalina before they went to their new home. (waves bye-bye to sweet Tubalina and Gwen)
I think it is good that they are going as a pair so they won't miss the other kittens too much.
I hope the new owner keeps in touch with you so you can keep up updated here on Pet Talk.
Are you still looking for homes for Gwen's two brothers? You are keeping Duncan and Amber still aren't you?
You did such a good job raising these kittens and taking care of them when they were sick.:)

smokey the elder
06-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Congratulations on finding a great home for Gwen and Tubaline!:)

aly
06-01-2003, 10:02 AM
I've been avoiding this thread because I kept getting teary eyed looking at the title. Its so hard to say goodbye, but when they have a great new mommy, its a little easier. I always bawl my eyes out in front of the poor people who adopt my fosters :o

I'm glad you found them a good home. Great work, Kim :)

Miss Meow
06-01-2003, 05:35 PM
I don't know how you foster, as I'd have been far too clucky and possessive to even think about letting them go! No home would be good enough for them!

You've done such a wonderful job raising the kittens, and I hope their new owner realises she has a whole tribe of guardians watching out over them :D

veegan
06-01-2003, 06:53 PM
oh they are both so precious!! such cuties! it must be so hard giving them up! but its so good to hear you trust their new mom AND will be able to keep in touch as they grow!

ramanth
06-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Good luck in your new homes Tubalina and Gwen! *hugs*

HayleyRosie
06-02-2003, 10:13 AM
I am so happy to hear that Tubalina and Gwen have furever homes together. I hope you will be able to get pictures to post in the future.