PDA

View Full Version : Our Newest Foster

Fuzzy317
05-30-2003, 08:03 AM
Here is a picture of our latest foster dog, Marshall. I don't know the full story, but I do know he was pulled as an abuse case :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p065af5bcf666a7cdcc1efa143b8b289d/fc0153eb.jpg

He is now named Marshall

anna_66
05-30-2003, 08:34 AM
He looks starved to death:( What's his name? How are things going with him?

marysmerrycats
05-30-2003, 08:57 AM
so skinny, poor things! I wish they would starve the people for a while, that did that so they could see how it feels.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-30-2003, 09:13 AM
Poor guy....very skinny:( ... Please keep us updated on him!:)

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-30-2003, 09:34 AM
Oh, poor skinny boy! I am glad that he is with you now, getting the attention, love, and food he deserves.

micki76
05-30-2003, 09:48 AM
Awww poor baby! I hate people!!!! :mad::mad: :mad:

He sure looks like a sweetie, though! Give him an extra snuggle from me! :)

lovemyshiba
05-30-2003, 10:26 AM
He sure looks beautiful, besides the ribs I can see.
I would love to hear more about him.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-30-2003, 12:18 PM
There are so many disgusting people in this world, it makes me sick.

Beautiful dog, besides the starvation.

Keep us updated.

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Oh, the poor fella! How horrible her looks! I am sure he will regain his strength and put on some weight with you. He will be a gorgeous guy. I am just glad he is out of whatever situation he was in and with a good foster parent!

ramanth
05-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Poor guy. :(

I'm happy he's now in your protective care. :)

Fuzzy317
05-30-2003, 02:13 PM
He is fitting in fairly well with our Zoo :D We will check his current weight, and see his progress.

He gets along well with the other dogs. He pays no attention to Jackson. Rosie has already swatted his nose, so he leaves her alone. I haven't seen him interact with Twidgit much. He chases Ashton some, but not sure if its play or something else. :rolleyes:

slick
05-30-2003, 02:19 PM
He's going to be a very handsome boy when he gains some weight. So glad he found you - or you found him...

TopSpoT
05-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Oh poor baby. Thank God he safe with you guys now.

Cheshirekatt
05-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Oh I can just tell that he's going to be a handsome fellow! Does he have a name yet? What type of dog is he? He looks like a dane/dobie mix? Or maybe some pitty? Keep up the good work and keep us updated!

Vi Co Bi
05-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Foster mom here...

He's a charming fellow, very sweet and loving. He is a papered Dane who was brought into rescue as an abuse case and that's all we know about his history. Aside from being extremely thin, he's HW+, about 8-10 mons old, and terrified of balls - basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, squeaky balls, or anything that looks like them.

Obviously he can't handle a conventional HW treatment at this time, so alternate therapies are being considered. He is filling in nicely and is learning "house" manners.

He doesn't have a name yet. I pray we don't end up with another "Hey Dog" sort of name. So far we've considered Ajax or Comet (what it'll take to REALLY get him clean), Milton (Fuzzy's idea), and Bender (because of his tail), but he didn't seem to react to any of those names. If I catch him in the kitchen sink again, I'm gonna give him a cloth to do the job with and call him "Dishwasher" or "Maytag." :D

Any suggestions on a name?

Cheshirekatt
05-30-2003, 03:52 PM
I have no idea why, but when I first saw him I thought, "Gaston"! Like the character in Beauty and the Beast.

Fuzzy317
05-30-2003, 03:55 PM
What I was told:

He is a papered Great Dane, but he has no paperwork. That was apparently retained by the courts from an abuse case. :rolleyes: The rescue group has no paperwork about him, not even telling his name. :(

Give name suggestions and I will report back what we decide. My fiancee says if we don't have a name by bed time Friday night, he will get the name of the first person we see Saturday.

He was skin and bones, but is starting to fill a bit. Don't want to rush things too fast. He had his first bath last night. :eek: He did pretty well at the bath, once he was placed in the tube and realized it meant lots of pets (to rub soap in), he was fine.

Cincy'sMom
05-31-2003, 07:25 AM
Poor guy!!! You guys are always so willing to take inthe Danes that seem to need the most help...that is awesome of you!! I hope things go well and I'm sure you will have him up to weight in no time!

delidog
05-31-2003, 07:38 AM
Oh What a Beautiful Baby!!!!!!
How about "Majic"...for Black Majic????
I know he will thrive in your care!!!
Please keep us updated....
Thank you for having the Huge Dane Heart to teke Him!!!!

Vi Co Bi
05-31-2003, 07:51 AM
Okay, we woke up today and still didn't have a name. We didn't turn on the TV and intentionally avoided other people (because my rule was if he didn't have a name by this morning he'd get named after the first person we saw).

Fuzzy and I worked really hard on this and though it's not a fancy name or anything like that, HE seems to like it.

Marshall

He actually wagged his tail for it. That's the most response we've gotten out of anything we've tried on him.

Fuzzy317
05-31-2003, 08:03 AM
We appreciate everyone's suggestions. We tried several names, but he didn't seem to have a reaction to any of them. :( Reading through a list of names, Marshall struck us as interesting.

delidog
05-31-2003, 08:04 AM
AWWW!
Love Marshall!!!!!
a Tail Wag goes a long way!!!!!
Hug Dear Marshall for us!!!!!

mugsy
05-31-2003, 08:44 AM
Marshall is a beauty! Just another case of me hating humans. Take good care of him and give him a hug for us. He is a doll baby. Poor thing, starved AND HW+. Keep us updated. (I like the name).

ChrisH
05-31-2003, 09:42 AM
Poor Marshall.:( I am so glad he ended up with you, he will go from strength to strength now I am sure.
Please give him a big hug from me.

Chris

Pam
05-31-2003, 09:58 AM
That picture says so much about what Marshall (love that name!) has been through. :( I am glad he will now have a chance to learn that not all humans are like those in his past. God Bless you for helping this sweetie! (I got a chuckle out of the possible name Maytag! :D Maybe I should re-name Bella "KitchenAid" because she always tries to find out what food particles might still be on my dishes and silverware when the dishwasher door is open). :) Hope to see some update pictures in the future as he thrives under your care.

AdoreMyDogs
05-31-2003, 10:52 AM
Those pics just break my heart :( How could anyone let that happen to an animal? I just don't get people. Yuck :(

Marshall is a VERY cute name! Thank you for taking him and helping him become a healthy dog and preparing him for his future home. You are very kind people and I have a tremendous amount of respect for you.

Take care and hugs to Marshall.

Sudilar
05-31-2003, 11:37 AM
Marshall is so lucky to have you as a foster Mom!! He is gorgeous!! Thanks for saving him and giving him a new chance for a great life!

Dakota's Mommy
06-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Wow, thanks for saving such a cute Dane! Those pics are terrible, can't wait to see the ones with him back up to weight and looking healthy again. Thanks for taking this loveable dog in to show him that there are good humans in the world. You are such caring people to do this!