PDA

View Full Version : Special diet?

wolfsoul
05-29-2003, 10:16 AM
Get this, I still haven't gone to the doctor yet, :o and because my mother won't take me, I'm just going to take myself over to the walk-in clinic.

My mom thinks that I have a vitamin defficiency. Cuz, ya know, I've only been on this diet all my life and have never had a problem with it before :rolleyes: So now she's trying ti stick me on some stupid diet. I like my diet perfectly fine, it's full of cereal and chocolate, and other tasty things lol. :p But seriously, I do get my food groups every day.

Do you think a diet is necessary?

Gawd, I need to go to the doctors...she said that we would go the other day, and we never did. I'll go to the walk-in tomorrow *I hope* I'll tell you all how it goes :)

popcornbird
05-29-2003, 11:50 AM
Your mother won't take YOU to the doctor? :eek::eek::eek:

My mom tries to MAKE me go to the doctor when she thinks somethings wrong. I don't go. ;) Too scared of the doctors. ;) LOL

Actually, from what you described, it does seem like its thyroid related or a hormone imbalance. Does your mom know your periods are messed up?

wolfsoul
05-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Yes, she knows my periods are messed...She never takes me to the doctor, I always want to go lol. I always think something is wrong with me, I'm a hypochondriac..:p

I just thought of something today --- I was mad at my mom (again :rolleyes: ) because every time I ask for her to get me iron pills she says no...

Well because my period is so bad, and I lose alot of iron, maybe it is a vitamin deficiency, and I need iron! Which would be fine for me, since I've been begging for iron supplemetns forever :rolleyes:

I'm still going to try and make it for the walk-in tomorrow though ;)

micki76
05-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Well, if you want iron pills you'll have to go to the dr. You must have a prescription for anything stronger than a multivitamin containing iron. It's very dangerous to take too much.

I can't believe your mother won't take you to the Dr. :mad: Even if it is stress related they could give you several things to help you. Biofeedback helps enormously.

Please go to the Dr.

binka_nugget
05-29-2003, 06:53 PM
I hope everything goes well! My mom is kinda like yours..I always think that somethings wrong with me...either medically or mentally and she won't take me to the place I want to go to get it checked out.

popcornbird
05-30-2003, 02:27 AM
Ok, I've heard of people not taking their pets to the vet, but parents not taking their kids to the doctor? :confused::eek::confused:

Most parents I know are paranoid over their kids and take them to the doctor for practically nothing!

Do NOT take iron pills without visiting a doctor. You don't know what's wrong exactly, and there's no need to take risks. It can be dangerous. I think you should see your doctor if you are really concerned. I still don't get your mom not wanting to take you to the doctor. You're her child! :eek: Maybe she thinks you're just fine. LOL

Ps. I heard soy products help in balancing hormones. You might want to try drinking soymilk etc. If you get strawberry or chocolate flavored soy milk, its pretty yummy. ;)

RubyMutt
05-30-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Well, if you want iron pills you'll have to go to the dr. You must have a prescription for anything stronger than a multivitamin containing iron. It's very dangerous to take too much.

I can't believe your mother won't take you to the Dr. :mad: Even if it is stress related they could give you several things to help you. Biofeedback helps enormously.

Please go to the Dr.

I take Iron vitamens daily and I didn't have to go to the doctor to get them :confused: My mom gets concerned about my diet (my family doesn't go to doctors unless it's an extremem emergency... :rolleyes: ) So, I take a mix of Iron, Vitamen C, & Echinacea vitamens. They really do help a lot. If you have a Trader Joes store near you I would suggest going there and checking out their vitamen selection.

wolfsoul
05-30-2003, 10:08 AM
I heard soy products help in balancing hormones. You might want to try drinking soymilk etc. If you get strawberry or chocolate flavored soy milk, its pretty yummy.

mmmmm....soy ice cream...:p

I'm going to the walk-in clinic today, and if they suggest it, my mom will take me to the doctor. :D

lovemyshiba
05-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Good luck at the clinic, and at the doctor if you have to go.