PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite take out food

carole
05-28-2003, 09:12 PM
I have to say mine is KFC with Subway close behind

Cisco's Mom
05-28-2003, 09:20 PM
I voted for subway, because that would be my favorite out of the choices. There is a little chinese place close to home I like to get delivered!:p MMmm..

tomkatzid
05-28-2003, 09:22 PM
I work in a restaurant so I never get take out. I want home cooking, although not my own home cooking. But Subway is great.:)

babolaypo65
05-28-2003, 09:22 PM
For me there's two:
theres a yummy little pizza place around the corner.

and SUSHI.

If you're talking fast food.... Taco Bell. Seriously.

Cookiebaker
05-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Subway....no doubt about it! They are so fresh and yummy!! My favorite is:

Honey Wheat bread, mayo, provalone cheese, turkey & ham deli meat, lettuce, tomatoes, a couple of onion rings, extra pickles, and salt & pepper. Mmmmmmmmmm!!!

GoldenRetrLuver
05-28-2003, 09:35 PM
MMMMMM.....Subway!:)

Freckles
05-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Chinese food!

Fuzzy317
05-28-2003, 09:40 PM
I put KFC, cause I dont't get that often, so its a treat then. My most "common" fast food is Wendy's hamburgers, with Burger King a close second.

Desert Arabian
05-28-2003, 09:42 PM
CULVER'S BUTTERBURGERS! YUMMMMMMMMM!

Ugh, you get hooked with your first burger.

Culver's Website (http://www.butterburger.com/)

binka_nugget
05-28-2003, 09:44 PM
LOl funny that so many people voted for subway. I use to work at subway. After working there, I really don't think I can stand another sub. Brings back too many horrible memories lol. I voted "micdics" it's always convenient and cheap..lol so what if some people say their meat isn't meat...still tastes good to me! Lol

micki76
05-28-2003, 10:21 PM
None of the above! :D
I like Sonic, What A Burger, and Taco Bueno the best. For a sandwich Quizno's is much better!

babolaypo65
05-28-2003, 10:29 PM
I like Quizno's better too.

Originally posted by micki76
None of the above! :D
I like Sonic, What A Burger, and Taco Bueno the best. For a sandwich Quizno's is much better!

Kfamr
05-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Quiznos and Subway. I also love boston market and KFC.

carole
05-28-2003, 11:40 PM
sorry guys i had to put just the take outs that i knew we had in common with us, i know you have a way wider choice than we do, do you know when i visited the usa back in the good ole days, we never even had a pizza hutt, kfc, subway are also relatively new here, we only had fish and chips imagine what a culinary delight it was to me, to find a huge street just full of all these fantastic food outlets.
I am glad to see subway is favouring well excuse the pun, because it is reasonably low fat and good for you.

carole
05-28-2003, 11:43 PM
Now for you middle age people out there, do you remember a place called FARRELLS ICE CREAM PARLOUR, this was an amazing place i visited whilst in the states, u used to get this ice cream u could order pigs trough or something, and if you could eat it all they announced it, was quite a different experience.

K9karen
05-29-2003, 12:21 AM
McDonald's for fries, Burger King for burgers

Kfamr
05-29-2003, 12:30 AM
I also love chick-fil-A ... my mom and blustang24 work there..... soooo yummy.:D

LoudLou
05-29-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by carole
Now for you middle age people out there, do you remember a place called FARRELLS ICE CREAM PARLOUR, this was an amazing place i visited whilst in the states, u used to get this ice cream u could order pigs trough or something, and if you could eat it all they announced it, was quite a different experience.

FARRELLS ICE CREAM PARLOUR!!! My Grandparents used to take me there for my birthday... I would hide under the table when they started with the Big Bass Drum and everybody singing "Happy Birthday".... VERY LOUD place but fun!..... Hey! does this mean I am now "Officially" 'Middle-Aged'!?!?!?!?!:eek: ;)

moosmom
05-29-2003, 07:03 AM
None of the above. I LOVE Mexican food.

Does anyone remember Stewart's Ice Cream Parlors? I think they were the very first ice cream place to let you make your own sundaes. My grandpa used to take me there after dinner :p. That was in upstate New York.

anna_66
05-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Out of the ones in the poll I picked Subway, always fresh and low fat:D

Tina
05-29-2003, 08:32 AM
I picked Subway that is my favorite of the list. I don't really care for McDonald's anymore but hubby and Kaitlynn like them.

Freckles
05-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by LoudLou
FARRELLS ICE CREAM PARLOUR!!! My Grandparents used to take me there for my birthday... I would hide under the table when they started with the Big Bass Drum and everybody singing "Happy Birthday".... VERY LOUD place but fun!..... Hey! does this mean I am now "Officially" 'Middle-Aged'!?!?!?!?!:eek: ;)

Farrells doesn't really qualify as "take Out" because all the fun was IN the parlour. First Farrells established in Portland, Or 1963 and by 1972 there were 65 parlours. Now there are still six. Hmm, a Green River sounds good!:)

Logan
05-29-2003, 08:40 AM
I voted for KFC because I love chicken, especially fried chicken. But I'm not a huge take out fan at all. I think my taste is a bit too expensive!! :o

LoudLou
05-29-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Freckles
Farrells doesn't really qualify as "take Out" because all the fun was IN the parlour. First Farrells established in Portland, Or 1963 and by 1972 there were 65 parlours. Now there are still six. Hmm, a Green River sounds good!:)

http://www.farrellsusa.com/index.html

Dakota's Mommy
05-29-2003, 11:16 AM
Well, I'm not crazy about KFC, but I love the others even though I don't eat them much. I voted for Subway though because that sounds the best right this minute!

Dakota's Mommy
05-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Well, I'm not crazy about KFC, but I love the others even though I don't eat them much. I voted for Subway though because that sounds the best right this minute!

Uabassoon
05-29-2003, 01:10 PM
My favorite is Los Betos 24 hour mexican food. I eat there all the time when I don't have the time to cook. It's fast, cheap and very high in fat.

tikeyas_mom
05-29-2003, 01:48 PM
I love subway the best out ofeverything in the worrlld HA HA HA HA!! lol ok I am done, I am craving subway right now as a matter of fact ;). -yum-.. pizza subs rock!

carole
05-29-2003, 06:04 PM
Thank you for indulging this ole girls memorys, lordlou, with the farrells website, i did not know they still existed, amazing it was 1976 when i was there, for a little kiwi doing her big OE Farrells was indeed unique, sorry i side-tracked my own thread here, i know its not Take -out but i just thought i would c how many of you knew of them.
I have to say we did not have the Obesity in nz, like we do now, all those years back when we did not have fast food outlets, so i am pleased to see the introduction of SUBWAY here, its real popular in my city, we now have 3 of then, and there is always queues to get your food, even in the foodcourt SUBWAY is always the one with the queues.
We do have WENDYS here too but no TACO BELL yet or many of the others u mention.

Kfamr
05-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Wendys and tacobell are the best too....

Wendy's 99 cent menu... cant beat that!!!

carole
05-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Ok so folks tell some rich AMERICAN to come over here and open up a franchise for TACO BELL, i wanna taste it, what does it sell exactly, mexican type food or what , just curious?

Cheshirekatt
05-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Farrells! I used to love that place! They'd come out and bang the big drum when it was your birthday! Hehe.

My favortie take out is a little pizza place locally. They have a hawiian pizza that they put moz cheese on, canadian bacon, pineapple, mandarin orange segments and then they sprinkle coconut on top! It's sooooooooo good!

Cheshirekatt
05-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Ok so folks tell some rich AMERICAN to come over here and open up a franchise for TACO BELL, i wanna taste it, what does it sell exactly, mexican type food or what , just curious?

No offense to anyone who eats it, but all I will say about Taco Bell is this: I found Elvis living out of a Taco Bell dumpster and he had the runs for weeks! LOL

:D

We even made up a song...."oooh oooooh that smell......must have been Taco Bell..."

RICHARD
05-29-2003, 06:46 PM

http://www.tacobell.com/

yes it's a bastardized form of mex food.....

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Pizza Hut just cuz I love pizza!!

Yum...

carole
05-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Ok folks TACO BELL can stay where it is then, i dont want it here, sounds YUCK

*LabLoverKEB*
05-29-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
CULVER'S BUTTERBURGERS! YUMMMMMMMMM!

Ugh, you get hooked with your first burger.

Culver's Website (http://www.butterburger.com/)

Culver's is the BEST!!!!! When we go to our cabin in Whisconsin (Minaqua) we always stop there! They have the BEST cestard!
So, if any of you are in Whisconsin, and see a big blue McDonald's-like building, that say's Culver's, you MUST stop there! It's the best! Ok, I'll stop now! Just thought I had to tall you!:) ;) :D

Oh, yes, and Cluver's is my favorite!:D

*LabLoverKEB*
05-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by *LabLoverKEB*
Culver's is the BEST!!!!! When we go to our cabin in Whisconsin (Minaqua) we always stop there! They have the BEST custard!
So, if any of you are in Whisconsin, and see a big blue McDonald's-like building, that say's Culver's, you MUST stop there! It's the best! Ok, I'll stop now! Just thought I had to tall you!:) ;) :D

Oh, yes, and Cluver's is my favorite!:D

kingrattus
05-29-2003, 11:10 PM
I use to love subway, until I worked there & learned how the food was prepared with ripped/dirty gloves, no gloves, & how they don't use soap to wash the dishes!!

ILuvMyDaisy
06-16-2003, 02:50 PM
I LOOOVE Mc Donald's!!! I like Papa John's Pizza too, but it's not on the list, :(

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Ok folks TACO BELL can stay where it is then, i dont want it here, sounds YUCK

It's the BEST. I had it yesterday.

CathyBogart
06-16-2003, 03:50 PM
There needs to be an "other". I like Mr Chao's and Yiassoo

carole
06-16-2003, 03:52 PM
Well i guess where taco bell is concerned i will just have to wait and c if it comes to nz, and experience for myself:)

RubyMutt
06-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Quiznos and Subway.

Me too! I love subs!! :D Taco Bell is pretty good too (I love their new Chicken Enchilada Bowl!). In high school a bunch of my friends worked at Jack in the Box. We used to spend so much time there (hey, we got free food ;)) and I became obsessed w/ their food :rolleyes: Now, I'm rather sick of it. For you western Washingtonians - Dick's french fries are the BEST!!

Miss Meow
06-16-2003, 08:03 PM
I love Nando's vegeburgers and fries, with peri peri sauce on both :)

todd
06-16-2003, 09:18 PM
mc .Donalds

shais_mom
06-16-2003, 10:11 PM
I voted for Subway, but I also love KFC too.

I love sushi too.

CattleDogMom
06-16-2003, 10:50 PM
For Me...right now....it's Chili's smoked cheese, spinich and marinated artichoke heart Quesadilla with black beans, sour cream and guacamole!!!

My grandfather suprises me with it sometimes and he says it's to remind me I'm still his best girl....besides my daughter, of course!!!

:p

Crystal

Gone Doggin'
06-16-2003, 11:21 PM
uhhhh *drools* subway is the best! goooo southwest chicken, too bad their sauce is different...i liked the old one :) what do u like u guys?

gini
06-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
It's the BEST. I had it yesterday.

Don't you believe her:D :D

Richard has it right!

06-17-2003, 01:32 AM
The only thing we ever take out here, is pizza. We have a Pizza Hut in my town:) :) :)