PDA

View Full Version : Mum Needs Radiotherapy

carole
05-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Some of you may remember my mother had breast cancer a little while back, and was very lucky to have it caught in time, she finally had her appointment with oncologist today, and she still needs to have 16 treatments in 3 wks, they said it will make her very tired and can burn, sounds awful to me, has anyone had experience of this treatment, can you advise me what to expect, thanks

Cisco's Mom
05-28-2003, 09:29 PM
No, I'm sorry. I have never had any experiences with these treatments. I'm sorry.:( I've had exp. with cancer some ending up good, some very bad. I will pray and wish the best for your mom.

K9karen
05-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Dear Friend Carole... I know my neighbor, who's also a nurse, had a lumpectomy, lymph nodes removed to be safe, chemo and opted for radiation also to be safe. I don't recall how many radiation treatments she had but the whole process exhausted her, but her reactions weren't too bad. I can ask her if you want me to. She's a strong advocate for B.C. research and activities and I know would be more than happy to help you...Email me if you want....Love, Karen ...Many heartfelt prayers to your mom.