PDA

View Full Version : where does your dog sleep at night?

lute
05-28-2003, 12:48 PM
where does your dog sleep at night?

i unfortinatly have to put beanie in our shed/barn at night. just because he pees in the floor at night,and he either had to go in there or we have to get rid of him. he doesn't mind it either. he goes and eats in there and loves it. i felt bad at first,but he's kinda like a horse or cow. he lives in a barn....lol....no, not really. he stays inside with us in the day,and of coarse we play fetch almost 24/7. lol

pics are welcome!:D

Kfamr
05-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Simba and Nala choose where they want to sleep... Simba has choice of anywhere in the house, Nala sleeps either in my bed or in her cage... whichever they want they get. :)

slleipnir
05-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Same with mine, they sleep where ever. Jo usually sleep at the foot of my bed, and Zeke on the other bed in my room (don't ask..I have a weird room..) Sometimes Josie sleeps over there with himm :)

lute
05-28-2003, 01:01 PM
beanie used to sleep UNDER my bed...i always thought it was odd that he did that. then he started peeing in the floor.:rolleyes:

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Max sleeps anywhere he wants! He ususally ends up either on my floor next to my bed or in my son's room. He is too old to get on the beds! (Unless there is a thunderstorm..:eek: Then he is right on top of you...Panting)!

Spike sleeps either in his cage or on the foot of our bed! Mostly on the foot of the bed:)

slleipnir
05-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by lute
beanie used to sleep UNDER my bed...i always thought it was odd that he did that. then he started peeing in the floor.:rolleyes:

My old dog, Rufus, use to get "lost" under my bed..Not sure HOW but I'd be calling and looking everywhere and can't find him till I see something move under my bed, and sure enough it was him. No clue how he got under, but he was a little stiff and couldn't get out :( He started doing it ALL the time, so I had to ban him from upstairs :(

lute
05-28-2003, 01:12 PM
poor guy.:(

RubyMutt
05-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Usually Ruby sleeps on my bed with me :D
Sometimes if I get home late Ruby goes to bed with my parents. She comes in and checks on me when I get home... sometimes she goes back with my parents and sometimes she'll stay with me.

GSDgurl
05-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Asia mainly sleeps wherever she wants. But she is usually on her big pillow in the living room. She makes her rounds around the house before though to make sure everyone is fine~! As for Alex he sleeps outside..when we got him, he wasn't use to the inside. So he don't like in the house...gets to nervous n' paces all night. But he has to come in, when bad weather is here~!! :D

Dakota's Mommy
05-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Well, with Brian away, my girls get to be spoiled and sleep on the bed with me! Boy is it going to be fun retraining them again when he gets home!

lute
05-28-2003, 02:40 PM
ya we bring in beanie when it rains and is too cold. i think it is odd,but he likes it more outside then inside which is odd for a pomarainian.
oh well

lovemyshiba
05-28-2003, 02:57 PM
Well, Kito used to sleep with us, which was no problem at all. Then Abbey came along, and she is a major bed hog--I was waking up with cramps in my neck every morning, amd wasn't sleeping well. We started out with dog beds, and they learned it easily. Riley slept with us for the first couple of nights, because he was so scared, the only way he would fall asleep was cuddled up by my shoulder. Now he picks a spot on the beds too--we only have 2 beds, but they are big enough for everyone to sleep on.
or Abbey sleeps like this:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pdb167c6fe552c354cf273b8172a8ca1c/fc567a3a.jpg
(usually that's just nap time though)

this was back when Kito and Abbey had the good life, lol
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/pe1da8d2cd745079b67c39666ee6e3043/fcd1d055.jpg

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Oreo's bed is on the floor in my room next to the big bed. Lately, she has been wanting to sleep outside, though. She seems happy enough out there--she's dug herself a little nest.

lute
05-28-2003, 03:10 PM
lol that's funny!

wolf_Q
05-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Nebo sleeps in a crate in my room. I'm not allowed to have dogs on the bed. :(

I tried letting him sleep on the dog bed in my room outside of the crate, but he just goes in the darn crate anyway. I tried shutting the crate, and then he just paced. So I guess he wants to sleep in the crate!

I stay up half the night on the computer anyway, and he just wanders around wherever he wants in my room.

lute
05-28-2003, 03:46 PM
i wish beanie would just sleep in a crate and shut up and go to sleep.......but NO!.......he can't! he knows how to unlock the crate and if i use a pad-lock.he scratches on the grate. my mom feeld sorry for him and lets him out. so we are forced to put him in the barn at night and hook him up outside when we are gone.

Cisco's Mom
05-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Under the covers with me!!!:eek:

lute
05-28-2003, 04:05 PM
if i had a small dog like sisco it would sleep with me,but beanie is like 15-16 lbs.

ParNone
05-28-2003, 04:24 PM
Maddie's 20 lbs and she always sleeps in my bed with me on a
pillow near my head. She normally sleeps on her back, so her
back footies are resting on my shoulder. And some nites, when
she feels she doesn't have enough room, she'll kick out with
her back feet and nail me in the head.

Murph's 20 lbs and Oz's 65 lbs and they will kind of rotate
between them, whether they'll sleep on my bed or the dog bed
on the floor. But sometimes all 3 will sleep on my bed. I really
need to get a king size bed. It's somewhat of a tight squeeze
on a full.

Par...

tomkatzid
05-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Ashlee and Nina sleep on their beds on Tom's side of the bed. There is a baby gate also, so they won't roam. They do have bed's in every room.:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p897b4fe0935ab3467ecb8bfbf5cf0fd3/fca02386.jpg

GoldenRetrLuver
05-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Molly and Daisy have the "run of the house" during the night, they pretty much sleep anywhere they want too, Molly prefers to sleep on the couch, and Daisy prefers to sleep on my bed with me:)

binka_nugget
05-28-2003, 07:06 PM
I'm too paranoid to let him sleep anywhere in the house, especially now. We just moved in this house, so all our stuff are in boxes all over the house. He must find it amusing to scratch on the box till there's no box left...ag...he sleeps in my room w/me. He has a cow printed pillow that my mom made or his crate (he's getting too small for it though..i think) or anywhere else in my room. Usually he's at the corner of the room with legs up in the air. For some reason, he hates sleeping on my bed..he's never done it though..odd pup

Cookiebaker
05-28-2003, 08:23 PM
I'm like Binka Nugget...I'm too paranoid to just let Malone sleep wherever he wants to because he tends to wake up in the middle of the night and start chewing things. :eek: SO, if he is nawtee to begin with, we just put him in his crate so that he will settle down. But if he's good (he's getting much better now) he sleeps on the LL bean dog bed that is right next to our bed. And 2 or 3 times a week, he sleeps on the foot of our bed (which I like the best) :) He's so warm to cuddle my feet up against. :)

redruby
05-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Falon will sleep beside me on the floor cuz i always have the window open, Rikki will sleep beside my S/O on the floor, Shadow sleeps in his house outside (cuz he marks his territory inside so he isn't aloud in:P) and Beau sleeps in my in-laws appartment upstairs.

micki76
05-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Chester and Millie sleep in the bed under the covers with us. Chester sleeps next to me on one side and Millie sleeps next to Michael on the other side.

anna_66
05-29-2003, 07:25 AM
Angus sleeps on his bed next to ours, Roxey either sleeps in the LR or on Angus's bed in the dining room, and Huney she sleeps right outside our bedroom door (strange I know:rolleyes: )

cloverfdx
05-29-2003, 08:58 AM
well clover sleeps in her dog bed in the laundry and has the run of the back room (sun room), but its time to move her back into my room for the winter and ends up sleeping on my bed (which i dont mind at all):D

penny sleeps in my bed under the covers every night down by my feet:)

and theodore sleeps in with my parents under the covers :)

clover used to be made to sleep out but hated it so i finally got my way and she is a fully fledged house dog now , has been for a few years:D

Tonya
05-29-2003, 11:14 AM
Teddy sleeps in his crate in the house at night. Dusty used to sleep inside with my son but he sleeps outside now that we have Roxy. Roxy is to destructive to sleep inside and her and Dusty are inseperable. They have a dog house, but they never use it. They sleep on the trampoline.

kingrattus
05-29-2003, 04:10 PM
When Max is at mom's he either sleeps on his old orange chair or my newish green love couch.
http://jess.iahu.ca/Galleries/6_Years/max%20at%20moms%203.jpg

At dad's Max sleeps on his couch, the matching orange chair (like the one at mom's) or under the covers with dad on his queen sized bed
http://jess.iahu.ca/Galleries/9_Years/Pict0013.jpg

Andie
05-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Bull slleps in my room on the foot of my bed with the fan blowing on him.

Katie sleeps on the couch or in Mom's room.

Duke is still stuck in the puppy room at nite but he will be sleeping in Mike's room or mine.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Abby sleeps on either the couch, the floor or our recliners.. which she has grown out of... she hangs off the sides... lol

Pam
06-04-2003, 07:12 AM
I love everyone's pictures in this thread! Bella and Ripley both sleep in the bed with me. Bella sleeps on top of the covers and Ripley sleeps underneath the covers. The other day I woke up to a muffled growl from Bella. It seems that the lump that was Ripley was moving around underneath her. She's like her momma. She doesn't like to be disturbed when she is sleeping! :D

tikeyas_mom
06-04-2003, 11:08 AM
in the winter Tikeya sleeps with me in her cow print bed :D. in the summer Tikeya sleeps with my mom in the basment *nice and cool*.

Oscar sleeps with my mom.