PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #4

momoffuzzyfaces
05-28-2003, 12:01 PM
I want to go ahead and place my order for tomorrow! The cats would like catnip tea please. (I wonder if they are getting addicted to it?) So, that will be 3 of those. I'd like the biggest cherry vanilla coke you have and a whopping order of nachoes - mild - no onions, please. I'll have to order dessert later because I can't decide now. Thanks in advance!:D

lbaker
05-28-2003, 12:08 PM
what's the DrinkOfTheDay going to be? And DUH, I didn't even realize (or didn't catch the thread)that Richard passed the big 1-oh-oh-oh :o did anyone fix HIM a drink?
Laurie

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
what's the DrinkOfTheDay going to be? And DUH, I didn't even realize (or didn't catch the thread)that Richard passed the big 1-oh-oh-oh :o did anyone fix HIM a drink?
Laurie

we partied, danced, ate and loao!!!

we'll carry over to tomorrow..

the drink of the day will be posted this P.M.!

babolaypo65
05-28-2003, 12:32 PM
I'll be waiting to see the DOtD!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Budweiser and Whiskey. :D :D

catland
05-28-2003, 01:12 PM
DOD recommendation - piņa coladas served in a pinapple

:D

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by catland
DOD recommendation - piņa coladas served in a pinapple

:D

catland,

howzabout...

Pineapple Bomb

1 oz. Southern Comfort, 1/2 oz. Amaretto, Good Splash of Pineapple juice

Shake with ice, Strain into a Rocks glass

(forget the 'rocks glass'-pineapple for you!!!!)

lbaker
05-28-2003, 02:36 PM
I was originally thinking of something sinfull and evil like absinthe (influenced by the "bogus" thread maybe :rolleyes: ;) ) but Richard's dotd sounds great. ummmm, "pancakes on your bunny" Richard:confused: have you been tasting your own concoction or something :confused:
Laurie

mugsy
05-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Pineapple Bomb

1 oz. Southern Comfort, 1/2 oz. Amaretto, Good Splash of Pineapple juice

Shake with ice, Strain into a Rocks glass

(

I'll have one of those. Then I want a diet coke or 2.

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 02:43 PM
I was originally thinking of something sinfull and evil like absinthe (influenced by the "bogus" thread maybe :rolleyes: ;) ) but Richard's dotd sounds great. ummmm, "pancakes on your bunny" Richard:confused: have you been tasting your own concoction or something :confused:
Laurie

lol!!!!!!

the 'night guy' i listen to on the radio was talking about a pic that made the front page of the NY Times.......
http://www.dougmcintyre.net/

he is one of the smartest, wittiest people i have ever heard.......check out the sight then go flipping thru the ' pictures'section...he has some funny cat pictures!

slick
05-28-2003, 02:44 PM
MMMMM, my loyalty is still with Caesars but that Pineapple Bomb sounds good. I'll have a Dick-sized one. Come on now, out of the gutter. Most pubs have their own version of a double, like Keg-sized. After all, this is Dick's Place.

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by slick
MMMMM, my loyalty is still with Caesars but that Pineapple Bomb sounds good. I'll have a Dick-sized one. Come on now, out of the gutter. Most pubs have their own version of a double, like Keg-sized. After all, this is Dick's Place.

slick,

i just promised karen i was going to be good while she was away........don't tempt me!!!!

as for the doug mcintyre link..you may have to play around with it......the site comes up but the home page doesn't show up...that's where the
pancake bunny pic is!!!

catland
05-28-2003, 02:59 PM
love the pancake bunny. Thanks for the drink idea.

Tomorrow I'll buy the first round of Pineapple Bombs!

slick
05-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Well, I've only a few more replies to go before I'm a pillar so tomorrow the drinks are all on me.....all day...

Now if that isn't leaving it wide open.......

catland
05-28-2003, 03:19 PM
who-hoo - pillarhood!

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Well, I've only a few more replies to go before I'm a pillar so tomorrow the drinks are all on me.....all day...

Now if that isn't leaving it wide open.......

you can sit at the head of the bar........and keep the bartender company!!!!

slick
05-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Thursday's MOTD - motto of the day

Don't be the typical cookie from the cookie cutter of life....

Instead, be a crumb in your own world.

Cincy'sMom
05-28-2003, 05:06 PM
I can go for a DOD. Pineapple is one of my faves!!

Miss Meow
05-28-2003, 05:33 PM
I'll have a DotD too if you're serving them!

And a bag of pretzels please.

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

i have low fat, low sodium, honey and mustard,
jalapeno, sourdough, sticks, mini pretzels, regular, soft and huge pretzels......;)

babolaypo65
05-28-2003, 05:42 PM
I'll have the same!

I'll have a DotD too if you're serving them!

Miss Meow
05-28-2003, 05:43 PM
i have low fat, low sodium, honey and mustard,
jalapeno, sourdough, sticks, mini pretzels, regular, soft and huge pretzels......;)

Are you serious? :) We don't get that much variety here!

OK, I don't come to Dick's for low fat or low sodium so they are out. Huge pretzel, soft pretzel, no, I want something crunchy. I'll start with the sourdough and have some jalapeno flavour with my next drink!

slick
05-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Actually, I've got a hankering for a bread and cheese spread.....kinda like you'd have at a wine and cheese party. Give me some of that soft fattening Brie or Camambert along with some sharp varieties. Accompany it with some sourdough bagettes and I'm a happy camper.

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Are you serious? :) We don't get that much variety here!

OK, I don't come to Dick's for low fat or low sodium so they are out. Huge pretzel, soft pretzel, no, I want something crunchy. I'll start with the sourdough and have some jalapeno flavour with my next drink!

did i mention goldfish pretzels???

no, we really do have that many flavors!-and i probably missed a few kinds!!!!

Miss Meow has a special dispensation, she is on the other side of the International Date Line.......

(she doesn't know i'm putting in a lottery machine....and since she gets thursday's #'s early.......lol)

done!

Nomilynn
05-28-2003, 06:27 PM
I need something that will knock me on my butt and when I wake up Bassett won't be sick anymore :(

Sorry - I don't mean to bring people down. I'm just scared :(

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I need something that will knock me on my butt and when I wake up Bassett won't be sick anymore :(

Sorry - I don't mean to bring people down. I'm just scared :(

what's the matter?

Nomilynn
05-28-2003, 06:42 PM
what's the matter?

I don't wanna poop up the thread with melancholy.. I'll send you a PM.

Anyway.. I really could use a drink of sumpthin' and maybe a few funny stories to share around the bar? Anyone have something laughable? ;)

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 07:17 PM
I really could use a drink of sumpthin' and maybe a few funny stories to share around the bar? Anyone have something laughable? ;)

here's one that involves sports, alcohol, being naive, impatient and not knowing enough about being patriotic!

years ago i went to a ball game at dodger stadium.
i wanted to grab a beer BEFORE the first pitch so i raced under the stands (i was in the outfield stands and they STILL sold beer then,that will tell you how long ago that was!)

my mouth was watering and and i was thinking about a bag of peanuts too!

well, i got into line and i hear the pregame ceremonies going on....closer and closer....
beer, peanuts, baseball, a nice day.....oh, now scratch my back and I'M IN HEAVEN!!!

the crowd roars as the dodgers take the field and
the National Anthem is about to start....my pulse is 1,000 beats a minute!!!!!

LET'S GO BEER SERVER LADY!!!!

(we want beer, we want beer, we want beer)

then all of a sudden she turns her back to the
line and STOPS SERVING........

what kind of crap is that???

I WANT BEER.

i curse a few, get out of line and go to the next line.....looking back at the woman who has denied me A BEER......why that %^$#@$%$&)*&^*, I've never
been so *&*$%^&#%$&#), and i hope she *&$%^*$^%....as the last strains of the 'Star Spangled Banner' fade into the early evening
i notice the the Beer Lady at the front of my new line HAS ALSO STOPPED SERVING !!!!!

as i came out of my craving for beer i notice the people around me, shaking their heads, and the look on their faces tell me, "HEY STUPID, DON'T YOU KNOW THEY STOP SELLING BEER DURING THE N.A....
WHAT A MORON!"

needless to say, i was going to skip the beer and sulk to my seat, but decided that i should stay and bear the slings and arrows of my the informed
fans around me.

the moral of the story is.....

Your country is MORE important than beer.

lol....

Miss Meow
05-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Naomi, how about a DotD in a big pineapple, and Richard can get some sumo wrestling suits in - that's always looked like a laugh :)

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 07:20 PM
someone remind me to tell the kitty pee pee story
i told when i first registered....lynnstankard
thought it was funny:D

Nomilynn
05-28-2003, 07:25 PM
someone remind me to tell the kitty pee pee story
i told when i first registered....lynnstankard
thought it was funny:D

Hey Rich,
Can you tell us that kitty pee story?
;)

Nomilynn
05-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Naomi, how about a DotD in a big pineapple, and Richard can get some sumo wrestling suits in - that's always looked like a laugh :)

Not a big pineapple fan, but can I still get a dotd from last week? I like raspberries :)

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 07:27 PM

what did you call it a 'tackle basket'????

or banana hammock????? now it's that sumo thong.....i give up!!!!!
;)

Miss Meow
05-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Oh dear, I might get out of this before Karen and Paul get back :)

And a raspberry drink for Naomi please!

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 07:35 PM
Hey Rich,
Can you tell us that kitty pee story?
;)

aw hell, here goes......

being in love is wonderful, you quiver at the thought of spending time with that special person.... you have encounters in the morning, before work, at lunch time, the early evening-
the weekends are even more 'productive'.....

one amorous weekend we had just finished having a special moment......it's around dusk and as we lie there in that very special afterglow i move to my side to cuddle when i feel this hot spot growing on my back.....knowing it's kinda like the feeling i get when i'm stung by a bee, i swipe my hand across my back and feel WATER!!!!

as i roll over i am looking into the eyes of a laughing cat....

a very possessive, laughing cat.......

after i showered and picked up the urine soaked sheets i promised myself that the GF's cats would never be in the same room when THAT happened....

the moral of the story is....

any warm feeling on your back is probably cat pee.

the end!

RICHARD
05-28-2003, 07:39 PM
naomi,
done!

miss meow,
that story is between you and me, god know what the other patrons would think if they heard THAT one.....;)...okay??

Miss Meow
05-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Just you, me and the lurkers :)

Is champagne a bit too highbrow for Dick's Bar?

Nomilynn
05-28-2003, 08:40 PM
aw hell, here goes......

the moral of the story is....

any warm feeling on your back is probably cat pee.

the end!

HAHAHAHAHAAH... Ok Rich you have seriously made my day.. thanks for the laugh! ;)

Bassett has done similar... thank god it wasn't ON the bed nor during a moment like that, but.. here is my kitty pee story.

My BF was over and we were just waking up and trying to decide what to have for breakfast. I was standing at the end of the bed, talking, and he was kind of groggy still and mumbling something about bacon. Bassett started in on a long, drawn out story about feeling neglected, which he and I both ignored. So, to get our attention, she climbed into my BF's suitcase.. his BRAND NEW Samsonite suitcase.. and squatted...

I screamed "BASSETT NOOOOOO" and took a flying leap over to the suitcase, and yanked her out buy the scruff of the neck. She hissed, I swore, the BF sat upright and shouted "What the hell is going on!" all at the same time.. thankfully, she simply soiled his sock. He didn't leave his suitcase on the floor after that.

catland
05-29-2003, 10:31 AM
check your calendars boys and girls - its now officially Thursday at Thursdays!

babolaypo65
05-29-2003, 10:46 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uabassoon
05-29-2003, 10:55 AM
Yay! It's Thursday. I'll have one of those pina coladas in a pinapple.

RICHARD
05-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Done.....

and why are they called 'pine apples'?

is it really a pine and doesn't come close to an apple either!

lbaker
05-29-2003, 11:37 AM
and don't ever try to make a pie with road apples either :eek: :p
Laurie

momoffuzzyfaces
05-29-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm in the mood for something sweet and salty. Do you have any chocolate covered pretzels?

Logan
05-29-2003, 11:50 AM
Something fruity, please Richard. :) No coconut!!! :)

slick
05-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Richard: Buy the house a round of drinks on me. And play me some of that down-home music - perhaps Dixie Cups - oops, I mean Dixie Chicks......

As for snacks, get everyone what they want and put it on my tab. I'm feelin lucky today. Where's the Craps table......

lbaker
05-29-2003, 11:57 AM
WOWSERS celebrating your 1000th at Thursday's Bar 'N Grill :D what a "never forgit 'em" thing to do. Huge huzza's to you :D :D :cool:
Laurie

babolaypo65
05-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Happy 1000!

catland
05-29-2003, 12:18 PM
SLICK - you did it! 1000 posts - and at Thursday's - CONGRATS AND THANKS FOR THE DRINK :D

slick
05-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Well than(hic)k you but as I am not any where near as signi(hic)ficant as Richard, I'll just pass the miles(hic)tone rather discreetly????? You are all(hic) too ki(hic)nd....

RICHARD
05-29-2003, 12:25 PM
i can do cookies, no, no road apple pies..lol

chocolate pretzels......done!
(oh i for to tell Miss Meow about those..)

no coconut, fruit-can you give me a hint?? please?

happy one thousand! actually your money's no good here.....the house picks up the tab....

craps table is in the back room......psst it's a secret!!!!!

it seems like yesterday when i broke the 'thousand' barrier!!

;)

Nomilynn
05-29-2003, 12:50 PM
hmm.. raspberry smirnoff mixed with tropical fruit juice and diet sprite please. Don't know that it has a real name, but it's suure tasty. Perhaps this would work for Logan's "fruity" drink as well? No coconut in this juice - just strawberry, kiwi, orange, banana ;)

zippy-kat
05-29-2003, 01:26 PM
Richard: Buy the house a round of drinks on me. And play me some of that down-home music - perhaps Dixie Cups - oops, I mean Dixie Chicks......

Actually, maybe that should be the Chixie Dicks as it is Dick's place.... ;)

ew! ew! ew! Choc. pretzels over here!!! me! me! me!! And I'd like a vanilla coke w/ cream, please. (Hey all you Sonic people... have you ever asked for your coke w/ cream? GOOODDD stuff... reg. coke w/ a dallop of vanilla ice cream! sorta kinda like a coke float... but not as much ice cream)

PS I saw last night where they had cinnamon and sugar pretzels now....

zippy-kat
05-29-2003, 01:30 PM
where are my manners?

Congrats and thank you, Slick!!!

slick
05-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Chixie Dicks as it is Dick's place....

:D :D :D :D (hic...)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-29-2003, 02:08 PM
I started a thread for slick under general for her 1000 posts. Everyone deserves to have their very own thread when they hit the big 1000. I wasn't sure where to put it, so put it under general.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN, SLICK!!!:D

slick
05-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Oh I'm soo embarrassed......thanks anyway...(hic)

Another round bartender....

RICHARD
05-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Oh I'm soo embarrassed......thanks anyway...(hic)

Another round bartender....

gotcha....

anything else?

dick's chixie dicks
dick's chixie dicks
dick's chixie dicks

say that fast three times!!!

RICHARD
05-29-2003, 04:31 PM
where's everyone today???

i've polished the bar sooooo many times today!

catland
05-29-2003, 04:33 PM
I'm here! (we've been busy spatting over in Cat-General:p )

Does that make me a charter member?

slick
05-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Just(hic) place your order with Ri(hic)chard......

He's (hic) such a nice(hic) boy......

RICHARD
05-29-2003, 04:48 PM
party on, slick!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-29-2003, 05:00 PM
where's everyone today???

i've polished the bar sooooo many times today!
I'm hiding! I don't care for the Dixie Chickies!:eek:

slick
05-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Dickie(hic) better chan(hic)ge the music! We want to pl(hic)ease everyone(hic)! Sorry MOFF......

momoffuzzyfaces
05-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Dickie(hic) better chan(hic)ge the music! We want to pl(hic)ease everyone(hic)! Sorry MOFF...... That's ok. I need to get off here for tonight anyway. It' your party today, slick, so enjoy what ever music you like!:D

slick
05-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Well, another Thursday's come and gone. Great time Richard and thanks for the drinks......(hic)

Until next time.....

zippy-kat
05-29-2003, 07:42 PM
HEYYYY Where's Mugsy at? It's her special day!

Congrats Mugs on puttin' up w/ the kids for another year! ;)

catland
05-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Slick - pass me the Excederin.

lbaker
05-30-2003, 11:07 AM
me too. I should have known not to drink anything with Southern Comfort (or any brown liquor), Janice Joplin tried to warn me ;) but thanks anyway Richard, great party (at least from what I can remember :o )
Laurie

slick
05-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by catland
Slick - pass me the Excederin.

Yeah, I always say, when you're hurtin, reach for the drugs. Here you go. Actually I find that the "hair of the dog" (don't mind the pun) seems to work faster than drugs.

Laurie: Me too. I learned a hard lesson from Janis myself. At least I think I can still remember the 60's.

lbaker
05-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Anyone who says they remember the 60's is lying ;) :p :rolleyes: :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-30-2003, 11:42 AM
Anyone who says they remember the 60's is lying ;) :p :rolleyes: :D :D I beg you pardon!!! I was in high school in the 60s and remember them very well! Even to being a Munchkin in our schools play of The Wizard of OZ! (believe me, that's something I would LIKE to forget!):p :D

lbaker
05-30-2003, 11:45 AM
anyone who says they remember the sixties..................
I think that was a quote from George Carlin, but I don't remember :o ;)

catland
05-30-2003, 12:09 PM
I'm more of a 70's burnout than a 60's burnout.

I've never been able to watch "that 70's show" because the last thing I want to do is relive those years!:eek: :p ;)

RICHARD
05-30-2003, 01:45 PM
i just want to say that copies of yesterdays party are available on VHS or DVD....

Girls Gone MILD.....

lololol...;)

remember,
it's better to burn out,
than it is to rust.
hey hey, my my!

Uabassoon
05-30-2003, 02:19 PM
I beg you pardon!!! I was in high school in the 60s and remember them very well! Even to being a Munchkin in our schools play of The Wizard of OZ! (believe me, that's something I would LIKE to forget!)

Sadly I have the same memory, I really wanted to be Toto. But no, I got stuck as a munchkin.

slick
05-30-2003, 02:23 PM
i just want to say that copies of yesterdays party are available on VHS or DVD....

Girls Gone MILD.....

Oh no.......I drank too much yesterday.......and you got me on video????? Far out......send me two copies. One for me and one for my Mom....lol

lbaker
05-30-2003, 02:44 PM
I drank too much yesterday....and you got me on video?????.......Far out

groovy :confused: :rolleyes: ;)