PDA

View Full Version : ImageStation won't let me load a GIF

tomkatzid
05-28-2003, 11:27 AM
All of a sudden, today, Image Station won't let me load a GIF file. The animated icons. I have used several, I have a flag GIF on there now. I change it with every holiday, as do a lot of other people. Anyone else get this message when trying to put on a new GIF for their signature????? It says can't upload a GIF file must be a JPG file:confused: :confused: :confused:

tomkatzid
05-28-2003, 12:33 PM
well i got my answer, bummer

Dear c katzer,
Thank you for contacting ImageStation Customer Support.

I appreciate your interest in ImageStation.

Katzer, I am sorry currently ImageStation has discontinued uploading
the
GIFfiles on ImageStation.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you . However Imagestation
will
support all the GIF files which are already uploaded on the
ImageStation.

Sincerely,

Andrew
ImageStation Customer Support
[email protected]

Kfamr
05-28-2003, 12:43 PM
I knew it was going to happen soon.... sigs always look cruddy when you make them jpg too =[

popcornbird
05-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Just a hint so your signatures will not look wierd after changing them to jpg. At least it works for me.........you can try it. After making your signature, copy the entire sig from the software you are making it on, and paste it onto Paint. Save it as a jpg file on Paint. It works for me, but you probably have a different software, so I don't know if it will be the same for you. You can try it out. :)

slleipnir
05-28-2003, 01:09 PM
I've never had any problems saving as a jpg? It looks just as good if not better then a gif..Maybe it's cause gif's hate me :(

I like your new(ish?) sig PCB :)

Kfamr
05-28-2003, 01:23 PM
It saves even worse in paint than in PSP. They have a .JPG optimizer in PSP, but that's not even as clear as using a .GIF.

tomkatzid
05-28-2003, 02:10 PM
the only reason i want a GIF is because it's animated. all my still pic's are JPG's. like the flag is a GIF. you can't make JPG's animated, right?????:confused: