PDA

View Full Version : How did you find PT?

slleipnir
05-27-2003, 08:16 PM
I was curious to know how everyone came about finding PT? A friend sent me a picture of her horse that was POTD and I wanted to put Jo in, and saw the talk and, well, I got hooked ;) What about you?

GoldenRetrLuver
05-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Sarah (*LabLoverKEB*) told me about Pet Talk, how it was a message board just for pets, and that i should join! Well, from then on, i guess you coud say i was hooked!:D :D

boscibo
05-27-2003, 08:30 PM
I get a computer newsletter, (Lockergnome), and the guy who writes it had his dog Sprocket (http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2000/April/28.html) picked as Dog Of The Day. I came back and looked at the pictures of the Dog, Cat, and Pet Of The Days, and I didn't really even realize there was a message board.

When I got Hanna (my kitten) last summer, I joined the forums because I hadn't had a kitten since Bo (Bo is 13 years old) and I wanted all the advice I could get!

babolaypo65
05-27-2003, 08:36 PM
LOL. A friend sent me this "start up page" I don't remember what it was called, but it was one of those pages that is a portal to lots of other pages. There were some seriously dumb ones, and a few... umm... bikini type ones. I think there was one called bikini of the day or something like that. cars, and.... dog of the day!

Cincy'sMom
05-27-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure how my husband found it, but once he did and told me, I became hooked...and in over a year he only has 30 some posts and i have almost 4000! :)

RubyMutt
05-27-2003, 11:11 PM
One of my co-workers introduced me to DOTD. Four of us would check the DOTD each morning :D One day I had a question about the DOTD so I posted a thread on PT and I've been hooked ever sense!! :D

Cheshirekatt
05-27-2003, 11:18 PM
Someone on another board posed a link to COTD. I thought it was pretty cool, sent Wilma's pic in and started snooping around. I was posting on another pet message board that was awful so I was very glad indeed to find this one. Now I'm a PT addict. :D

binka_nugget
05-28-2003, 01:18 AM
I can't remember exactly but I think I got through from the site petloversdigest.com (http://petloversdigest.com) I had entered Kai in a gallery for the next issue and saw a link here. Come to think of it..I think Kai's still on there...hmm gonna check it out lol

Kfamr
05-28-2003, 01:22 AM
I think i was searching for pet related stuff and came across it .... i really don't remember

wolf_Q
05-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Rachel (Countrywolf07) told me about DOTD....I looked at it quite often. One day I just decided to join, probably to advertise pet portraits. ;)

It was a long time later before I could convince Rach to join Pet Talke herself. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
05-28-2003, 03:10 AM
LOL.. that's so funny that Rach showed you the site but we had to get her to join PT!!:p

Cookiebaker
05-28-2003, 06:33 AM
A long time ago, I was researching some mixed dog breeds (what they would look like), and came across DOTD. I didn't realize that there was a forum until like 3 years later. :eek:

Randi
05-28-2003, 09:21 AM
I was searching for cat sites and came across Cat of the day. I bookmarked it and went back nearly every day for months - also had a look at the previous cats. :) One day I noticed PT and read some posts. Thought it was a nice bunch of people and joined a few days later. I didn't 'post until the third day. ;)

Dakota's Mommy
05-28-2003, 03:34 PM
It's all because of Cincy'sMom, my sister, because I saw her on it so once I moved away and got my own pup I joined up to talk to all the people Amy talked to, we'll that was almost a year ago and I'm still here with 2 more pups too!

Desert Arabian
05-28-2003, 03:40 PM
I was searching for Labrador Retirever pictures on Google, and there was a picture of a yellow labbie from Dog of the Day. I went to the link Google had...and I noticed the button "Pet Talk", so I clicked on it. I browsed around the board a little bit, and I joined. :D

Tweety_Pie
05-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
I was searching for Labrador Retirever pictures on Google, and there was a picture of a yellow labbie from Dog of the Day. I went to the link Google had...and I noticed the button "Pet Talk", so I clicked on it. I browsed around the board a little bit, and I joined. :D

THATS EXACTLY HOW I FOUND IT TO!:D except I was searching for budgies lol.;)

RockyRoad
05-28-2003, 04:11 PM
My friend told me about POTD and that it had lots of rabbits featured, so I went and looked. A few days later I submitted Floppsy. When she won, it said "Talk about today's pet in Pet Talk!" at the bottom, and I wanted to know what everyone was saying about her. So I clicked on it, and joined a few days later. :)

CamCamPup33
05-28-2003, 04:27 PM
well i was searching for information on corgis and i came across an option that said petoftheday im like hey cool.. so i clicked it and looked at all the pets for a long while and finally joined.. ;)

bluekat
05-28-2003, 04:32 PM
Someone from another forum I go to told me that she entered her cat in, and on that day, there was a very beautiful cat she liked, and I came to look and joined a few days later.

AmylovesMisty
05-28-2003, 07:48 PM
I searched for Pet and found Pet of the day and was exploring a little and BOOM PT comes out of the mist..;) ;) :D

Freckles
05-28-2003, 08:28 PM
I did a search for cats and came up with Cat of the Day. I bookmarked that and daily checked the C/D/P of the Day. A few months later PetTalk started, and I joined the next day!

Logan
05-28-2003, 08:31 PM
My niece shared a Dog of the Day with me. I can't even remember "who" it was or "when it was". I do know that there was no Pet Talk at that point in time. But I made Dog of the Day my homepage, and one day noticed the Pet Talk feature, and here I am!!

Logan

carole
05-28-2003, 09:03 PM
I actually cant even remember how i got here, but sure glad i did, i remember i had just named my new cat Lexie, and low and behold there was a pure white cat on pet of the day called Lexie, and i thought i was so original with her name, mind u i have not come across another lexie on here since except for a human one lol

carole
05-28-2003, 09:06 PM
AAH FRECKLES thanks for jolting my memory, thats how i got here too, was researching about cats, thanks

Cisco's Mom
05-28-2003, 09:21 PM
I found out thru people at another forum that was closing. PT is a much better place and I'm glad I'm here!!:)

K9karen
05-29-2003, 12:16 AM
A tap on the shoulder from a fellow employee .. and the rest is history! I started right before Logan I think, but she was the 1st person I started corresponding with, then Pam (who lives near me and I finally met) Rachel, Sandra (Frito Feet Maven) Jackie and the list goes on and on..... All I can say again is PT people are the best! Thanks for always being there for me..especially lately......xoxoxoxox

AmberLee
05-29-2003, 12:46 AM
A co-worker turned me on to Cat of the Day, before Pet Talk existed, I believe.

I ignored PT for many months, but pressed the button by accident once... lurked briefly, and plunged in delightedly ever since.

zookeeperinaltha
05-29-2003, 02:41 AM
I typed in pets on my search bar and came across Pet of the Day and I've been hooked as well ever since.