PDA

View Full Version : Quirks, Fetishes, Superstitions?

Cheshirekatt
05-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Quirks:
My food can't touch the other foods on my plate. _Yucky. _I always finish all of one thing before I start eating the other foods on my plate.
I won't eat/drink anything if the expiration date is the same day.
People who wear black stockings and open toed shoes.
Never, NEVER touch my laundry! _ This is a big no-no. _The world as you know it will cease to exist.
I have to sleep with a pillow over my head and it has to be my "Magic Pillow". _ If my bf steals it during the night and I wake up, he knows I'll rip it right from under his head and there's nothing he can say about it.
I also have a blanket that I sleep with that my bf refers to as the "special blanket". _ The same rules apply to the blanket as the pillow.

Fetishes:
I think one word can sum it all up: _Shoes.

Superstitions:
Never announce a pregnancy before the third month.
Knock wood when you need luck.
On the first day of every month before you say anything else, say "rabbit, rabbit" to bring you good luck.
I used to hold my breath when we drove by a cemetary.

--

captain
05-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Quirks
People who wear stockings of any sort with sandals!
Ankle boots with a short skirt :p
Blonde hair and black roots or even red hair with black roots (which is why I don't dye my hair)
I bite my nails - DON"T tell me off tho!!!!

Fetishes
Hmmmm, not sure I have any ....... gonna have to think. Nothing springs to mind.

Superstitions
Whenever I see am ambulance, I touch wood for the amount of people in the car I am in, or people I am around. (no wood - then use my "wooden head") :D

carole
05-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Cannot think of many really, but one thing i hate is anything thats crooked, i just have to straighten it.
And i dont walk under ladders either.

binka_nugget
05-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Quirks
If a fly even touches the edge of my plate, I won't eat anything off that plate.
Biting my nails...lol bad habbit
I MUST sleep facing the wall with about 4 cm apart from the wall to my forhead. Also, I have to have the blanket almost over my entire head.
If I started cleaning, I MUST finish. I won't do anything else in between...even if that includes studying for a final test.
Even if I'm extremely sleepy and it's 1:30 already, I won't go to sleep until at least 2:30...(only on weekends).
Must have coke or else I'll fall asleep during class.

Fetishes
Strawberries!
Hawaiin Ginger Scented Spray
Dyed hair (especially odd colors..blue, green,red)
Piercings...(only on places that are visible...)

Superstitions
Scared out of my wits to look into a mirror for more than a few seconds. I think about a story my friends told me.
Will absolutely NOT open my closet when it's night.

marysmerrycats
05-27-2003, 11:03 PM
I always finish all of one thing before I start eating the other foods on my plate. LOL I do this, not quite as much as I did when I was younger, but still most of the time! it drives my mother crazy.lol
and... I have to really look at chicken and other meats, I am very particular about cutting off any fat from the meat, edges or in the middle, I really look at it LOL. one of my brothers does this too LOL:rolleyes: :D

On the first day of every month before you say anything else, say "rabbit, rabbit" to bring you good luck.
LOL I have never heard that one before! maybe i should try it!

the knock on wood thing, I do that all the time. as I am saying something, and I don't want that to happen, I will actually knock on wood... if no wood around, I say knock on wood then I knock on my head LOL:D :D
as far as ladders go, about half and half. I think the last time, I thought, oh I better not walk under it.. went all the way around, and I had bad luck that day anyway!

several years ago, I had gone back to school, and on my way across the school, there was an all black cat, I thought oh it's just a kitty cat... well I kept walking and it darted in front of me...it crossed my path! ok the next day as I waited in a LONG...LONG! line to get my school books from the school store, I swear, I was up to where there were only 3 more people ahead of me, before I could even get into t he store, and I had a bug fly into my eye!
I pulled my eyelid, I blinked, I did everything I could... and I know it was gone but it didnt feel like it was. I searched in my purse, no mirror. it stung, like I have never had my eye sting before... I had to leave the line to find a restroom!
LOL:eek: :rolleyes: :D

carole
05-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Mary Mary shame on you for even hinting a BLACK CAT could bring you bad luck, lol, Watch out all those BLACK CAT LOVERS LIKE ME will be giving you a wrap over the knuckles, lol

HoRsELUvR
05-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Actually in a lot of countries,black cats are good luck.
Quirks:Im a nail biter
Any utensil or dish that I use has to be perfectly spotless
I dont get enough sleep, no matter how hard I try

Fetishes: Definetly shoes!

Superstitions: I knock on wood.
I dont like broken mirrors
I cannot lock myself in a dark room with no windows at night.
I hold my breath when I go by cemeteries

carole
05-28-2003, 08:17 PM
yep i know that, Scotland is one of them, and i think nz too not sure myself on that one, i was just giving mary a friendly hard time .

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-28-2003, 08:50 PM
This thread is fun....

quirks

*I HATE TO HEAR PEOPLE CHEW!!!!!!!!! HATE IT, if me and Eric are eating dinner we have to have the t.v. on and up so I can't hear him chew
*I can't stand when people scrape their plates with their fork or spoon (you know to get the last bit)...
*Toilet paper should ALWAYS ROLL TOWARDS YOU.... never away from you.!!!!!!!!!!
*When you call me.... have something to say please..... I should not be forced to think up conversations just because you dailed my number..
*I have a stuffed cow I sleep with.... and can't seem to get to sleep without it.

*hmmmmmmm.... i am sure there is more....:p

fetishes
*shoes too.... I LOOOOVE SHOES
*costume jewelry... (not big gaudy stuff) just any pretty (fake) jewelry... I am always picking up a bracelet or necklace whenever I go out.
*hair stuff..... I looove putting my hair up with different things..

superstitions

*NONE..:D

Desert Arabian
05-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Quirks:
Listening to people snap gum...can't stand it
Listening to people chewing gum really loud
Talking to people with bad breath....eww!
I can NEVER get enough sleep...I slept for 15 hours once (no joke), and 2 hours after I woke up, I was yawning.

Fetishes:
Rat toys...go to pet store at least 3 times a week (have to spoil my kids!)
Lord of the Rings itmes
Labrador Retriever items

....if I see them, I want them, and I try my hardest to get them

Superstitions:
*none*

Cheshirekatt
05-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
This thread is fun....

quirks

*I HATE TO HEAR PEOPLE CHEW!!!!!!!!! HATE IT, if me and Eric are eating dinner we have to have the t.v. on and up so I can't hear him chew

OMG!! How could I forget this?!? There's this girl at work that not only eats with her mouth open :mad: but also smacks her lips while she eats! It drives me so totally insane that I have to leave the room. My mom would have let me starve before she allowed table manners like that......

marysmerrycats
05-28-2003, 09:58 PM
Mary Mary shame on you for even hinting a BLACK CAT could bring you bad luck, lol, Watch out all those BLACK CAT LOVERS LIKE ME will be giving you a wrap over the knuckles, lol
oh no, Carole! not the knuckles!(btw, are you a nun? hehe)

(sister carole?)
well I love black kitty cats as much as everyone else... I can't blame the poor cat !:eek: in fact, when Muffin belonged to my nephew, she had a brother, an all black cat named Ronald. she did not like him much so he went to my sisiter in laws friends to live. I have seen him once or twice since then and he is adorable!

*Toilet paper should ALWAYS ROLL TOWARDS YOU.... never away from you.!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with that! I have to have it that way too.

babolaypo65
05-28-2003, 10:05 PM
quirks:
I'm also a nail biter
I have to unmake the bed before i can sleep in it. Hate to have my feet all smashed down.
In fact, when I sleep my feet have to be outside the covers.
I wear most socks inside out (seams! I hate the seams!)

And like several of you, gum chewing, smacking, and general loud eating makes me mental.

fetishes? none that I can think of. Obviously not feet, since several of my quirks are feet related.

Superstitions: none that I can think of.

micki76
05-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65

fetishes? none that I can think of. Obviously not feet, since several of my quirks are feet related.

LOL! Me too!

Quirks:

Let's see. I hate it when my husband brings the clean laundry out of the dryer and throws it down on the unmade, dirty bed.

Anything on a roll, paper towels, T. P, should roll over, not under.

I hate it when you’re talking on the phone to someone and you say goodbye and they just hang up! Tell me goodbye!!

Drives me crazy when my husband puts a new trash bag in the trash can and doesn’t “fluff” it open. Then when I put trash in it stays right there on the top, sort of floating on the liner. Arrgghh! :mad:

Fetishes:
I guess I have the opposite of a fetish, but I HATE feet. They gross me out. I don’t want to see them, hear about then or have them near me! EEEEWWWWW!!!!!

captain
05-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Well, you have reminded me of more :rolleyes:

Hearing people chew!!!! YUP - that too!!!
Slurping coffee / tea / soup ........ makes my skin crawl

Fetish :

My Dalmatians ............... I am with YellowLabLover. Love Dally things
AND
Parrot toys for my Jo!!! She gets a new one about every 2 weeks.

carole
05-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Mary i am glad you took that in the spirit i intended i was indeed giving you a friendly hard time, a nun, hmm now let me think, BLACK CATS ARE ONE OF THE BEST arent they now? When i read your thread i just could not help myself, i thought i will have to tell that mary off, just kiddin:) :D ;) :cool:

zippy-kat
05-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Quirks
Food quirks:
1. I don't eat mushrooms. They squeak when you chew -- it's like they're begging for mercy.
2. Kiwis. Nuthin' doin'. They look like cactus testicles.
3. Canned peaches. They smell HORRID.
4. Milk. It tastes sour to me.
5. Cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, jello. The texture makes me gag.
Non-food quirks:
1. The sheets MUST be tucked in at the foot of the bed.
2. I must have air circulating -- can't sleep w/out my ceiling fan and my ionizer (and sometimes the humidifier but always the other two).
3. At resturants: I CAN NOT STAND to have my fork/spoon/knife touch the table. It must rest on my napkin or on my plate. (Do you know how many germs are on the table?)
4. Don't breath on me.
5. If we're sleeping in the same bed, don't touch me. You stay on your side. I'll stay on mine.
6. I don't chew my nails, I get nervous and pick/tear my skin. Yes, I know it's gross I don't need you to tell me.
7. I can do this funky-swirly thing with my tongue and actually peel the skin off the insides of my mouth. (Yes I have very odd stress-coping "skills.")

Fetishes
Shoes
Shoes
Shoes
Strawberries
Icecream
Jewlery
Shoes

Supersitions
none that I can think of at the moment

Cheshirekatt
05-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Quirks
Food quirks:
1. I don't eat mushrooms. They squeak when you chew -- it's like they're begging for mercy.

ROFLMAO!!! Not to mention they're fungi!

I feel the same way about kiwis, but I didn't have the "balls".....ahem.....to say it!

zookeeperinaltha
05-29-2003, 02:36 AM
I agree with all of you! I do have one fetish I haven't seen any one say..........I must be nuts! I have to change my bed sheets daily and wash my blankets daily! If my bed isn't clean and crisp I can't sleep, and I don't sleep as it is. About the smacking the lips and eating loud......I hate people who lick there fingers as they eat!!!!!!!!!!!!! The gum cracking..........my mom used to do that all the time......it was a good warning when she was headed my way LOL Shes gone now and I miss hearing the gum pop:(

marysmerrycats
05-29-2003, 03:19 AM
I hate it when you’re talking on the phone to someone and you say goodbye and they just hang up! Tell me goodbye!!

LOL that made me laugh! I guess that would be annoying though!
Fetishes:
I guess I have the opposite of a fetish, but I HATE feet. They gross me out. I don’t want to see them, hear about then or have them near me! EEEEWWWWW!!!!!

LOL you sound JUST like my brother... he hates anything about feet, any mention of them, and thinks pedicures are disgusting!
not me, I love to get pedicures, have my feet rubbed, I paint my toenails:)

marysmerrycats
05-29-2003, 03:28 AM
Carole did you think I hated black cats? nooo, I love them just like any other cat! of course I took it in the way you intended:)

(ok I humored her... now all black cats stay away from me, you're all creepy and unlucky...)

oh, ooops, did I say that out loud.. didn't mean it really!:rolleyes: :p :D :D

I AM just kidding... I really do LOVE black cats.

Cookiebaker
05-29-2003, 06:06 PM
OK, this is really really embarrassing...:o:o:o

I have a major quirk when it comes to public restrooms. I always rip off 10" of t.p. (just in case someone touched that end or the entire roll)....I have to carefully cover the seat....I never sit down...I always flush with my foot....and I always turn off the sink and open the door with paper towel in my hand. I was never like this until I worked at the hospital and went through hand-washing/sanitary classes. Sometimes I really feel like a freak of nature.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-29-2003, 06:52 PM
I have a major quirk when it comes to public restrooms. I always rip off 10" of t.p. (just in case someone touched that end or the entire roll)....I have to carefully cover the seat....I never sit down...I always flush with my foot....

HA!! HA!! HA!!
I do the same things....... except I WON'T use a public bathroom unless I AM DYING.. to go p.:eek:

Andie
05-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Quirks:
I'm a nail biter but only if I don't have nail polish on.
I chew on the inside of my cheek when I'm bored
I have to sleep with 2 fans on me (and Bull) or I feel like I'm being smothered.
I have to have a "hug pillow" weather it's a pillow, person, or dog when I sleep.
When I get "excited", I bite :o

Fetishes:
Earrings

Superstitions:
When I see a car with one headlight, I hit the roof of the car and say perdidal (per-did-ill) for luck.

zippy-kat
05-29-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
HA!! HA!! HA!!
I do the same things....... except I WON'T use a public bathroom unless I AM DYING.. to go p.:eek:

SAME HERE! :D

Miss Meow
05-29-2003, 07:48 PM
Quirks:
- Same as previous posts about public toilets, especially touching taps and door handles, yuk!
- I hate other people's hair and freak out if I have a stranger's hair on my clothes or worse, in my food.
- I get really nervous in department stores when walking through the china/glassware sections. Even though I keep far away from everything, I'm convinced that I'm going to cause damage
- I won't wear red lipstick
- I hate things constricting my neck, like tight turtleneck sweaters and scarves
- Don't like having my eyes meddled with. I am blind as a bat but there's no way I'll ever have laser surgery. Even an eye test makes me queasy

Fetishes:
- Men in uniform, he he he
- Bright colours: glassware, jewellery whatever - it attracts my attention if something is sparkling

Superstitions:
- Never turn over the calender to a future day and never hang up a new calender until 1 January - bad ju ju.
- If giving someone a knife as a gift, tape some money to it.

I have just worked out how weird I am
:rolleyes:

Cheshirekatt
05-29-2003, 07:56 PM
OMG!! That reminds me of one of the grossest things I ever saw in a restaurant! A girl was sitting at a table next to mine and after dinner (she was still at the table) she plucked a hair from her head and proceeded to floss her teeth with it! At the table!

EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-29-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm just gonna list everything at once..
~I can't STAND moths...
~I can't do the dishes... It just GROSSES me out!
~I can't stand it when other people pet my dog.. especially kids.. I don't know why, but they don't seem to get it that I don't want them to pet her.
~I also hold my breath when we drive by cemetaries.
~I belive in being "jinxed".
~PUBLIC TOILETS!!! MAJOR EWW!
~People chewing gum with their mouth open... that just pisses me off I'm sorry...
~Hair in my food... <gag>
~As Zippy said, Don't breath on me... lol

micki76
05-29-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Andie
[B]When I get "excited", I bite :o

LOL! :D Took me a minute. ;)

slick
05-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Quirks:

My cats have 3 water bowls and I wash and refill them every morning. Each day the bowls have to be lined up the exact same way before pouring in the water.

First Max's metal dish for the bathroom counter
Then Max's other dish
Then Speckles dish

It's just not right when they are out of order.

Fetishes:
Well, this is a family restaurant. I'm not going into that now.

Superstitions:
Really have none at all. I'm not afraid to put up an umbrella indoors or walk under a ladder.

marysmerrycats
05-29-2003, 08:36 PM
- I hate things constricting my neck, like tight turtleneck sweaters and scarves

I had forgot that, but same here! I just can't wear anything tight arond my neck.. sometimes even a necklace bugs me.
the public restroom thing, I don't like them either.. I do that thing with the t p too, tear off the front of the roll, and I use a paper towle to turn off the faucet and open the door too.

have any of you tried those disinfectent hand wipes? I like those, I use them at restuarants before i eat.
another thing, I have to wait to use them til AFTER I have finished with the menu..

and, I hate bathrooms that don't have hot water!:mad:

Cookiebaker
05-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats

and, I hate bathrooms that don't have hot water!:mad:

Oh my goodness, YES, I HATE HATE HATE that!!! I just hafta wonder how the people who handle the food how they wash their hands and if they have hot water in the back for washing dishes!?!?! Yuk! Double Yuk!!

wolflady
05-29-2003, 09:01 PM

Superstitions:
When I see a car with one headlight, I hit the roof of the car and say perdidal (per-did-ill) for luck.

OMG! LOL LOL Another person who says perdidal!! Me too!

You guys have had me laughing out loud at a lot of these, mostly because I can relate! :o

Quirks:
I cannot sleep in utter silence. I need "white noise" like a fan or my hepa filter running
I cannot sleep if there is any light at all seeping into the room
I have to sleep on the left hand side of the bed, or I won't sleep
I have to read before I sleep, no matter how late it is or how tired I am, because I won't sleep well if I don't read :o
hmmm...seems like I have sleeping issues...
I bite my nails too, but only when I'm upset or stressed out, which is most of the time
I don't like mushrooms either...slimy things...eek!
Pretty much all the nasty eating behavior everyone else has mentioned! LOL :rolleyes:

Fetishes:
Shoes!
Tony & Tina's makeup
anything sparkly....I love sparkles! Glitter!!!
cats: obviously

Superstitions:
Perdidle
not really a superstition, but the idea of good chi and bad chi as well as good/bad karma
make a wish when an eyelash falls out
everything happens in 3's (for instance, I got laid off, my parents moved away, then I got violently sick....3 stressful things happening all at once! Ugh!)

babolaypo65
05-29-2003, 10:11 PM
ok, Zippy-kat: YOURS are the best. Especially the mushroom one. I laughed so loud i scared the dog and the cat. I feel the same way. They squeak! I wont eat them!

We'd never be able to share a bed (though I agree about the "you stay on your side." men are like ovens!) with your side tucked in, and my side untucked.... we'd never survive a night.

Originally posted by zippy-kat
Quirks
Food quirks:
3. Canned peaches. They smell HORRID.
4. Milk. It tastes sour to me.
5. Cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, jello. The texture makes me gag.
Non-food quirks:
1. The sheets MUST be tucked in at the foot of the bed.
2. I must have air circulating -- can't sleep w/out my ceiling fan and my ionizer (and sometimes the humidifier but always the other two).
3. At resturants: I CAN NOT STAND to have my fork/spoon/knife touch the table. It must rest on my napkin or on my plate. (Do you know how many germs are on the table?)
4. Don't breath on me.
5. If we're sleeping in the same bed, don't touch me. You stay on your side. I'll stay on mine.
6. I don't chew my nails, I get nervous and pick/tear my skin. Yes, I know it's gross I don't need you to tell me.
7. I can do this funky-swirly thing with my tongue and actually peel the skin off the insides of my mouth. (Yes I have very odd stress-coping "skills.")

Fetishes
Shoes
Shoes
Shoes
Strawberries
Icecream
Jewlery
Shoes

Supersitions
none that I can think of at the moment

babolaypo65
05-29-2003, 10:19 PM
LOL, i didnt get the "biting" thing til i read YOUR post, I was picturing biting like autistic kids sometimes do when they are anxious.

Originally posted by micki76
LOL! :D Took me a minute. ;)

quote:
[B]When I get "excited", I bite

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Quirks
-People chewing with their mouth open.
-Story topping people..."That's nothing! You shoulda been there the time..."/bragging constantly.
-Animal abusers.
-Those who have no consideration at concerts. I'm 4'11 and some guy, like 6 ft. tall just stood right in front of me, knowing I couldn't see crap.
-Slow drivers, those who slow through intersections, stop at yellow lights, go through red lights and slow at green lights and people who can't do 4-way stops.
-People who smoke right at the entrance of a store. Yuck!
-Liars. Who doesn't hate 'em?
-I can not be in a room at night, unless sleeping, if a light isn't on.
-I can not STAND the bottom of a mug...cup. It's just got a rough feeling to it, I *HATE* touching it.
-I can't start the car if the car door is open.
-Must lock car doors at all times.
-Can NOT have windows open at a stop.
Fetishes
-Shoes.
-Guitars.
-Dragons.
-Shoes.
-Guitars.
-Guitars.
-Shoes.
Superstitions
-Check the backseat of the car before getting in.

Heh, I'm weird.

:D :D :D :D

marysmerrycats
05-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Another person who says perdidal!

where's my dictionary...? never hear that one before!
:D

Chinadoll
05-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Quirks:
If I tell you I'm watching a show, that does not mean keep talking to me. My Mother loves to do this when she calls me.

I love to dance. Took lessons for 16 years in tap, ballet, and jazz. When I'm bored, I don't just tap my foot impatiently like some, instead I'll launch into a little tap dance routine....And I love grocery stores ailses. I've been known to do piroettes and jetes down the ailses. My friends think i'm nuts.

Covers at the end of the bed must be tucked in....no chilly tootsies for me.

I like silence when I sleep...no fans, white noise etc.. No the cats do not sleep with me. Drives me crazy that Joey loves to sleep with the fan. I eventually got used to the noise, but I make him keep it on low and pointed directly at him because I get cold and my hair flys everywhere.

Speaking of sleep, I to, must read before I go to bed. Even if I'm so tired it's hard to keep my eyes open, I still must read.

The door is locked whenever I walk in. When I leave, I sometimes go back twice just to make sure it's locked.

I hate when anyone fools with my laptop. There's a desktop in the other room if you want to play on a computer, but the laptop is mine. I have visions of it breaking when anyone else touches it.

People who stop in the middle of a walkway or stairs to talk annoy me. Please move to the side. I really don't want to walk through your conversation and I don't want to wait on the stairs behind you. Used to happen all the time at school and now sometimes at work.

People who come over to my house and say it smells like ferrets. The ferts live here, you don't. And what an inane comment is that....when playing with the ferret...It smells like ferret. :confused:

Fetishes:
I Love:
Gadgets/electronics
Shoes
Godiva
Strawberry Margaritas from Cucos or Landry's
Books

Superstitions:
I do believe in *knock on wood* I do it all the time and just have this cumpulsion to do it. If i don't I have this feeling that the worst will happen with whatever I was talking about.

Never believed much in ghosts etc.. But if something like the Amityville House happenned to me and the house said "GET OUT!" You better believe I'd get out!

RICHARD
05-30-2003, 02:28 PM
quirks

i friggin hate to see stuff on the floor
of a supermarket, i pick things up

i hate to see someone walk by a piece of paper
in the hospital, on the floor, and ignore it..
esp. an employee-NO PRIDE IN YOUR JOB/WORK AREA

my GF would crumble up the shopping list and toss it into the cart.... i'd take out the list and slip it into her purse when she was distracted....also putting things you don't want next to the conveyor while checking out.

in my neighborhood a car with one headlight is trouble....you have to say, 'POPEYE' and if you don't you get punched in the arm....

i cannot wear my watch on my left wrist...i am right handed....

i want to punch men that fawn over pam anderson, she not pretty, attractive or talented....
she's the biggest skag on the planet.

i love nigella lawson!!!! sigh....

when i drive I HAVE TO HAVE THE FAN ON....
too many years riding a motorcycle.

sleep...

i need about 5 pillows
one foot sticking out of the blankets
a talk show on the radio
i have to know where the cat is before i go to sleep....

-----------
wolflady....

i have to 'drive' my bed too!!! lolol

and...keep my feet off the floorboard when driving thru a tunnel.

-------------
slick,
Fetishes:
Well, this is a family restaurant. I'm not going into that now.

PM me!!!!!!lololol
--------------

zippy,

cactus testes???? why does that sound familiar?
---------------

I absolutely despise dr. laura, dr. phil, suzie orman......how can some twit give you advice on the phone/their show in three minutes????

especially orman......i want to put my foot thru the t.v. tube...argh!

also the kiss aces that call them.....

Redneck Pit Lover
05-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Quirks: i like to bite, i like to chew on my lip and cheek, a big one i cant stand strings hanging off clothes,i cant stand to have stuff touch my ears
fetishes: i like to polish metal and other shiney objects :D

superstions: i have none that i can think of

Cincy'sMom
05-31-2003, 07:11 PM

Superstitions:

We used to do that in high school, at least until one of my best friends did it while she was driving and set her rear view mirror flying!!!

RubyMutt
06-01-2003, 01:59 AM
Quirks:
I cannot stand the sight or smell of seafood... ICK!!
People with bad manners (especially bad table manners) really turn me off
People who are self-centered... grrr
If I can taste egg in any food it grosses me out
Bicyclists who ride in the center of the road going 15 mph in a 30 mph zone... grrrr
Bad/Inconsiderate drivers!!!

Fetishes:
Tattoos & piercings
Music
Shopping
Cars
Anything Tolkien related
Wolves
Candels
Insence

Superstitions:
hmm... well, I do believe in Karma, I guess that could qualify as a superstition

Nomilynn
06-01-2003, 02:46 AM
Quirks:

-I HATE when people assume they understand what I'm saying, and then get it all wrong. If you aren't sure, ASK ME!!
-I also don't like things tight around my neck
-I don't like when people interrupt.. it's SO RUDE
-I have road rage. It's not pretty. There is a lot of swearing invloved. :o
-I can't sleep if my legs get too hot.
-I make lists for EVERYTHING

I'm sure there are more.. ask my friends hehehe ;)

Fetishes:

I don't know that I really have any. The word fetish has bad connotations for me. However, I have a strong liking for shoes, chocolate, toys for the cats, shopping.

Superstitions:

Even though I don't really believe in it, I always touch wood. It's like I do it "just in case" :) I also have to check the door locks and trunk on my car every time I park it for the night. When I get an itchy nose, I always think "I have to kiss the fool!" but I never do.

smokey the elder
06-01-2003, 08:34 AM
Quirks:

Men with half-unbuttoned shirts in public
People that suck their teeth (Sam Champion on Channel 7 does it and it drives me bananas!)
Inarticulate newcasters in general
Tailgaters!

Fetishes (obsessions?:p )
Counting things
My cats!!
My lab bench, but not my kitchen, must be in military order. Go figure.
NO ONE HAD BETTER TOUCH MY DESK!!;) :p

Superstitions
Don't ever say a test method is successful until it's written up.
Knocking wood

Rachel
06-01-2003, 09:38 AM
I don't know if you'd call it a quirk but I am very particular about the way laundry items are folded. My husband is now retired and has picked the laundry as one of the chores for him to do. Much of the time I will refold what he has already folded because he didn't do it right . I will say, however that he is learning. He used to fold my towels in half from top to bottom. At least now he does it from side to side. Now if I could just get him to fold them in thirds from side to side instead of in half. I also have to refold his undershirts, even though they go in his drawer and he wears them. Just knowing they are in the laundry basket folded in a haphazard way makes me crazy.

I am pretty much the same way with cleaning. If you don't clean the way I clean, I have to redo it. Obviously if you take 20 minutes to clean something that it takes me an hour to do, you must have cut far too many corners.

I agree with most of the public restroom statements that have been made here, with the exception of those of you who don't sit down on the seat. It is my contention that you are the ones who leave the wet spots on the seat.

As for sleeping arrangements, the *stay on your side of the bed* (men are like ovens) applies for me as well, with the exception of my Tucker, who is the only guy I can have cuddled up next to me when I sleep. Also I cannot fall asleep unless I have talk radio on.

RubyMutt
06-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
Quirks:
My lab bench, but not my kitchen, must be in military order. Go figure.
NO ONE HAD BETTER TOUCH MY DESK!!;) :p

I am the same way... at work my desk & working areas are spotless & completely organized... At home, my room & desk are chaos :rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
I don't know if you'd call it a quirk but I am very particular about the way laundry items are folded

after the washer went on the fritz we HAD to go to the laundry.
told mom, "get your stuff together, i'll take you there....."
load up the truck and get to mom's house....

what are you doing??

"ah folding the laundry"

"Ma, why fold when you are going to put it in the washer????"

"i don't want anyone to see my dirty laundry all wrinkled up"

now, why does that amaze me when i know she irons her pajamas??????

wolfsoul
06-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Quirks:

I can't stand it when people interupt me when I'm talking. My friends know it too, when they do it they know to stop because I get an evil look in my eye. :rolleyes:

I hate alot of foods. But mostly seafood. Anything fish, even tuna, I can't stand it!

I chew my nails.

I'm constantly peeling the split ends on my hair :o

When people don't take no for an answer. I said no!! Shuddup!!!

I'm a big pushover...Pretty much anyone can get whatever they want out of me..Unless it's a secret I'm not supposed to tell...good at keeping those..

I do stupid things when I'm bored. I'll sit there and scrape the plaque off my teeth, chew on the inside of my cheek, chew on my lips, make stupid noises, re-apply my makeup over and over, crack every bone in my body, that sort of thing..

Fetishes:

Dogs, rats, and wolves. Gotta stop buying things that have dogs, rats and wolves.

Superstitions:

I have to tap my tooth brush on the counter four times after I use it. I have no clue why, Ive done it since I had teeth to brush.

I always have to write my name on my test before I look at anything else.

I can't curse an animal that is the kind I want, or else I might not get it..lol..

I have my animal piggy bank turned to the dog side, and it can't be on any other side, because a dog is what I want most out of all the other animals on my piggy bank.

binka_nugget
06-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul

I do stupid things when I'm bored. I'll sit there and scrape the plaque off my teeth, chew on the inside of my cheek, chew on my lips, make stupid noises, re-apply my makeup over and over, crack every bone in my body, that sort of thing..

LOL I was doing that after we hung up yesterday. I started scraping the plaque...then making noises for Kai then more makeup LOL..crazy :D

wolfsoul
06-01-2003, 02:03 PM
LOL I was doing that after we hung up yesterday. I started scraping the plaque...then making noises for Kai then more makeup LOL..crazy

lol..my mom is mean..she made me get off lol...

Atleast you got to hear my crazy Timber..She knocked me over lol

Pam
06-03-2003, 07:11 AM
Quirks: Just two that I can think of right now. I can't stand to look at someone on a roof or high up on a ladder. I am afraid they will slip and I will actually see them fall! :eek: I was once stopped at a light and they were replacing a roof right there on the side of the street I was on. I could hardly wait for that light to change so I could get outta there!

Like Cookiebaker, I hate public bathrooms and use a paper towel when touching door knobs, etc. Actually I try to never even use a public bathroom unless absolutely necessary!

No fetishes or superstitions that I can think of. Pretty boring person, huh? :)

slleipnir
06-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Ah..I have a stupid one..I can't drink something if there is little floatys in it..A little crumb..I won't drink it..I always check my glasses before using one..its sad..

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Chewing...and particularly "clacking" gum and public nail clipping should be capital crimes....

Men (and yes it is always men) who drive down the road with the right arm draped over the back of the seat (would it be the left arm in the UK?) should be beaten with sticks...

and hair playing...scrunch, unscrunch, pull back. flip forward...get a style that works and leave it alone!

I not fussy about washrooms....I'm careful not to pee on the seat nor touch it with any but the flesh of my thighs...I wash my hands so I'm not real worried but I will NOT stand in line...either to eat or to pee.

Reading is my tranquilizer (which obviously....based on the rant above ...I need) and I must do it before going to sleep.

And I knock wood (including my head) and toss spilt salt over my left shoulder but more from tradition than superstition!

Logan
06-03-2003, 01:35 PM
This is fun! And it gives one a lot more insight into all of you! :)

My biggest "pet peeve" or quirk has to be lines, of any kind. I don't like standing in line (I'm a very impatient person), and that includes lines to eat, lines to the movies, traffic jams, etc.

I also hate it when people make a lot of noise when they eat or chew with their mouth open, or God forbid, talk with food in their mouth!

I hate brocolli.......raw, cooked, whatever.

I hate liars of any type. Tell the truth and get it overwith!

Telemarketers drive me crazy......I feel sorry for them if this is the only work they can find, but please don't call me!

To be such a messy person (I am, by nature, messy, but I love things to be straight :o ), it drives me crazy for the floor to need vacuuming or swept. I have to stop everything and do it right that second, and I also can't stand to see dust on anything, especially at someone else's house!

One more......uncut grass. Grass is meant to be cut!!!! :)

My fetishes:

I love to read and am gullible when it comes to buying books. I have many that are waiting for me to be read!

I love shoes......have way more than I can ever wear.

I love pets.....that goes without saying!!

And I am a sucker for plants of any kind. I just don't always get them into the ground in time, which is sad! My husband is learning to cringe whenever we pass a garden shop or greenhouse because he knows I will want to stop there!!!

I really don't have any superstitions other than that I like to have the closet doors closed when I sleep!

Miss Meow
06-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Another quirk:

I can't eat the pithy, stringy bits on a banana, I just hate looking at it. If I eat a banana, I have to peel it and remove the pith first.

captain
06-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Another quirk:

I can't eat the pithy, stringy bits on a banana, I just hate looking at it. If I eat a banana, I have to peel it and remove the pith first.

I do that with mandarines and oranges!!!!