PDA

View Full Version : Leaving on a jet plane

Soledad
05-27-2003, 07:14 PM
The time has come, and finally, we are on our way back to the States. Boo was taken yesterday by the vet. He passed his exam with flying colours (he's a very healthy boy) and it looks like he's all set to go. It was hard leaving him, even for a few days, because I know he's so happy and well adjusted out here. I cried and wondered if I was doing the right thing by him. But I just couldn't imagine not having my little boy with me.

So we leave in an hour to the airport and will arrive in Minneapolis around 8.30pm Wednesday. Wish us all a safe and gentle trip (especially the Boo)!!

boscibo
05-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Good luck to all of you! What's the story with Boo - you said you had to leave him, does the vet transport him directly to the airport? Can't he ride with you? I guess I don't understand that part.

I'm fairly close to Minneapolis, maybe we should have a MN/WI Pet Talk meeting sometime!

RockyRoad
05-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Good luck on the move! Hope everything goes well! :)

jenluckenbach
05-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Best of luckl with your trip and happy reunion with Boo.

lovemyshiba
05-27-2003, 07:26 PM
Best of luck to you and Boo!!!
Have a safe trip, and report in when you are settled!!!

tatsxxx11
05-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Wishing you all a safe and "bUmpLEsS" trip!;) Please let us know you've arrived safely! Be brave, Boo!!:)

Miss Meow
05-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Safe and quick trip for you, Sam and Boo :)

Look forward to hearing from you when you land and have computer access again.

So, Minneapolis, Puerto Rico, Washington DC? Wow, that's a road trip and a half!

Look after yourselves {{{hugs}}}

lizbud
05-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Good luck & safe trip for all of you.:) I'm guessing that Boo
will arrive here later after you're settled? Anyway, safe trip.

babolaypo65
05-27-2003, 07:55 PM
Bon Voyage!

moosmom
05-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Good luck! Have a safe trip. Let us know when you are settled and give Boo a smooch for me! ;)

popcornbird
05-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Wishing you the best of luck and hoping Boo will arrive safely with you and your husband. Take care of yourself down there Boo, and don't get too scared. Your mommy will be waiting for you upon arrival. :) Good luck!

Ps. You are doing a great thing by taking Boo with you. :) I would do the same.

AmberLee
05-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here for you!

NoahsMommy
05-28-2003, 12:23 AM
Not sure exactly what part of your trip you're on right now...but I'll be praying for a safe and easy trip for all three of you.

krazyaboutkatz
05-28-2003, 12:30 AM
I hope you all have a safe and relaxing trip.

shais_mom
05-28-2003, 12:54 AM
Hope you are having a safe journey and without a doubt in my heart I KNOW you are doing the right thing by bringing Boo with you.

Cataholic
05-28-2003, 06:13 AM
It is Wednesday am...so, you are halfway here! Prayers for a safe remaining trip. I bet you cannot wait to hold Little Boo in your arms.......I know you will post when you can.

boscibo
05-28-2003, 11:13 PM
*bump*

Are you here yet? How'd Boo do?

Soledad
05-29-2003, 03:39 AM
Really bad news, guys. :(

Sigh. Here it goes.

It is now 3.28am on Thursday morning. I have just returned from the airport. We arrived in Minneapolis around 8pm local time. We were expecting Boo to arrive, as planned, at around midnight. So my parents, Sam and I went for dinner and then unpacked our enormous bags. Then Sam, Dad and I went back to the airport. Only, no one was at the American Airlines counter.

I started to spazz out. I asked around at other counters, and despite some of their efforts, no one working for AA could be found. They'd gone home for the day.:mad:

Thinking that these people had gone home without locating the owners of a live cat really pissed me off. But then we were soon informed by some friendly baggage workers that they would not have done that and that the cat must not have arrived in Minneapolis at all. :rolleyes: :mad:

Sam and I then proceeded to call the man who arranged Boo's travel, but to no avail. It was evening time in NZ and he would not be at work. We then called AA and Qantas. We discovered that no one wanted to take any responsibility for the situation. AA insisted that Qantas had not turned Boo into its custody. Qantas insisted Boo was in AA's care. As of right now we only know that Boo is in LA.:( :confused:

The receipt on the ticket that Tony (the pet mover) gave us has all the flight information. According to it, we should have received Boo twenty before midnight Wednesday. However, upon calling AA they said that Boo had been booked for two flights that were not on the receipt and that his arrival time would be for 10.51pm Thursday!!!:confused: :eek:

I asked when that had been booked and she said it was booked May 26th, so this was no accident. He either gave us the wrong information or was given bad information. Either way, I'm pissed off.

Moving internationally is hard enough for a cat. But this is ridiculous. There is no reason Boo should still be in LA when he was passed through customs with no problems. There is no reason why Tony should believe that once the pet is on the plane, his job is done. This man should have followed up and confirmed. He should have left a message if things had been changed. We were instructed to simply pick him up in Minneapolis, despite our constant questioning of this.

I am really a mess about it all. I was sobbing at the airport and really really doubting my decision to take him. I feel like the most selfish person for doing this to him, even though I didn't know it would be this bad. I still feel like I should have prepared for this. I don't even want to think about what sort of care he's getting. I have no idea what's happening and I can only hope the people are kind and thoughtful and making sure he has plenty of water. Right now, I just want to cuddle him and make sure everything is okay and that he still loves me.

It's one of those "I'm a terrible meowmie" moments.

On the bright side, I am reunited with my dog, Wylie. Sam ADORES this dog. He's never had a dog before and he's just loving it. So, we're almost a happy family. We just need our little dictator. ;)

Please send out thoughts, prayers and/or wishes on our behalf. We could really use the positive energy after such a crap day.
:(

Nomilynn
05-29-2003, 04:24 AM
Oh my goodness.. I'm just sick for you :( I can't believe how irresponsible this Tony guy is!!! :mad: Why couldn't Boo be on the same plane/s as you?

Can you call and see if Boo can be flown home on an earlier flight on Thursday? I am just so sick over this.. I can't even imagine what you are going through :( :(

Please please please let us know how he is and give us an update. As soon as I read this I said a prayer for his safe return, and I promise I will send many more during my waking hours tonight and tomorrow :(

marysmerrycats
05-29-2003, 04:25 AM
oh no Soledad! what a horrible, terrible experience! I just saw this thread, and I read the first post, anxious to read the last one, and hear all about the trip, then , ...:( :(
you must be frantic! I don't blame you at all, what an awful thing to happen to you, what did they do with your baby Boo! and that poor dear cat!!

after such a LONG trip, that is the last thing you need to happen. I can only imagine if it were me and I was missing one of my babies, I really don't know what I would do. but, I'm sure Boo will get to you safe, and he will be fine, scared, but then when he sees you, he will be ok. I am praying for you and for Boo to be reunited very quickly! I would also , like you, be furious at that pet mover! wouldnt they let Boo travel with you?
my brother, when he traveled internationally, had his dogs with him, it was very hard, and traumatic but they had them with them.

Soledad you are NOT a bad mommy at all, don't think that way, don't punish yourself. I know a day and night without your baby is like a week, but you will get him back then everything will be fine. I will look for a an update on this, let us know when you can ok?

boy I can imagine your words when you talk to that pet mover... I would , as the expression goes, want to rake him over the coals!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Cookiebaker
05-29-2003, 04:55 AM
Oh my goodness, how awful!! Poor Boo and poor you!! I hope that this whole mess will get straightened out soon. Keep us posted!

lynnestankard
05-29-2003, 05:06 AM
Only just found this thread Soledad - I'm heartbroken for you, no wonder you're so upset - UPSET - I'd be fit to be hung!! Keeping you in my thoughts and praying that Boo is somewhere safe and being well cared for. I can't wait to read your next posting telling us he's arrived safe and sound. {{{Hugs}}} across the miles and fingers, paws and eyes crossed at this end. Good Luck xxx

Lynne

ChrisH
05-29-2003, 05:42 AM
Oh, no, this is awful! Poor Boo! I am so upset about this and how I feel must be just a fraction of what you are feeling.:( Hoping and praying that Boo is keeping safe and that someone is taking good care of him until he can be home where he belongs with his Meowmie. Please keep us posted.

Many, many, Hugs
Chris

PayItForward
05-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Thinking of you & Boo. :(

Soledad try not to worry. I bet Boo is just doing fine.

Just remember, you totally did the right thing bringing Boo over with you, it is the airport who mucked up.

May he be on the next flight over.

PS. Try causing a polite & emotional loud fuss at the airport desk, to get quick results.

anna_66
05-29-2003, 08:06 AM
I was expeciting to hear some good news, but this is just terrible:(
I can't imagine what your feeling right now, but I'm sure it's all going to be ok.
Please let us know what's happened when you reunite with Boo. You and Boo will both be in my thoughts.

Logan
05-29-2003, 08:45 AM
This is just horrible news, Soledad, at a time when you should be so happy! I do hope that Boo will arrive safely tonight, as scheduled. Please keep us posted and know that we are thinking of you. I know you have to be a wreck! :(

Russian Blue
05-29-2003, 09:55 AM
I'm just reading this thread now, poor Boo!!!! This must be such a horrible experience for you. I can only imagine how upset and angry you are right now. I'm upset reading this!

:(

Positive vibes going out that Boo will be returned to you asap! I will also say you are NOT a bad kitty mommy! The people involved in the logistical end are the people that do not have their act together.

Please keep us updated!

lovemyshiba
05-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Oh, Poor Boo!!!
I will keep you in my thoughts, hoping that Boo arrives safely today--boy will he be happy to see you--keep us posted.

popcornbird
05-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Oh no! I was so looking forward to hearing how Boo did and how he liked his new home. :( I'm just so heartbroken for you. I can't imagine how you must feel! Jeesh, why do they make it so hard to travel with pets? :mad: They should have a pet section in the plane, in the cabin, where their carriers would fit and their mommies can come and check on them every now and then during the flight. What's the big deal that airlines can't do that? There just aren't enough airlines that allow pets in the cabin, where you can feel they're safe. I can't believe Boo didn't fly in the same plane as you. That really makes me sick of those pet transporters. :mad: I know you are very upset right now, but please drive them crazy until they get your baby back to you. Hopefully everything will turn alright and Boo will get on the next flight home. :(

Uabassoon
05-29-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the mistake. Keep us posted, hopefully Boo won't be too stressed out. But I'm sure he will be super excited to see you.

boscibo
05-29-2003, 02:10 PM
Oh no, poor Boo. Don't blame yourself, it sounds like you did everything to assure he'd be OK - someone else dropped the ball.

I'm hoping he'll arrive soon, and you will be happily reunited. This sounds like one of those nightmare stories I read about in the news. I'd raise hell with the person(s) responsible after you get him back.

Chinadoll
05-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Poor Boo! and poor you! I too would have ben irate. That's just not acceptable. I hope Boo gets to you soon. ((hugs))

boscibo
05-29-2003, 02:35 PM
I forgot to add - please let us know when he safely arrives!

Miss Meow
05-29-2003, 05:03 PM
:mad: FOOLS:mad: How dare they not follow up and do their freaking jobs to make sure the little guy is where he's supposed to be. That's why you organised these people to do the job, GRRRR.

I can't tell you how angry and stressed I am for you guys. I'm sure he's OK, but I know you won't feel that until he's safe and sound with you. A couple of interstate trips with the cats nearly sent me mad, especially when they just dumped Mini and Jasmine in the public baggage collection area where anybody could have taken them, so I have an idea of what you're feeling.

It's Thursday afternoon your time, I think, so hopefully in a few hours you'll get to see your boy. I'm sure there's been a kind soul or two who have been taking care of him.

Please let us know as soon as you get him back.

Soledad
05-29-2003, 05:51 PM
I wish I could say I had Boo right now, but I don't. I won't have him for another five hours. But at least I'll have him eventually.

It's 5.41pm and I've just woken up.

In the past 72 hours, I have had 10 hours of sleep. I only slept today because Sam insisted and my body was really too tired to resist even though my brain was still wired.

We fell asleep at eight this morning after being on the phone with every airline and every person involved.

The whole thing is a HUGE mess and it turns out the problem does not lie entirely with the pet mover, Tony. He was FURIOUS when he heard about this and is seeking action as well. The main problem seems to be that Qantas Airline booked the flight with American Airlines for Boo to go from LA to Minneapolis. Only, the flight they told Tony wouldn't work because of customs regulations on the amount of hours needed to inspect the animal and the amount of time required to clean the animal's cages, etc.

So, Qantas had to arrange another flight with AA, only Qantas did not inform us or the pet moving agency about the change of itinerary.

Boo was with us on our international flight, in a special cargo area for pets. However, Qantas can only transfer pets to its partner airlines, which American Airlines is. We flew Northwest and they do not allow pets, and even if they did, they would not accept a pet from a non-partner airline.

Does this make any sense?

So, Boo had to travel on a different plane once we were in America. Sam and I knew that. What we didn't know was that Boo's journey would take two and half days.:mad:

There are no other flights with AA to Minneapolis other than the one Boo will be on tonight. Qantas booked him in to a cattery last night, which was good to hear. At least he did not spend the whole night in a cargo hold area. I called the cattery and spoke to the manager. He said Boo was doing great and that he was an extremely friendly cat. :)

So, hopefully, he isn't too traumatised. Though I know that this whole thing must be so incredibly confusing and horrible for him.

I miss my baby so much and I hope he doesn't hate me for all of this. :(

I'll keep you guys in the know as soon as I can. Thank you for all of your support, you all know what I'm going through.

Cookiebaker
05-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Just a few more hours....just a few more hours. I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about the reunion that you will have with Boo. Hope that the time will go fast for you....:)

Nomilynn
05-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Oh my.. my heart just sighed with relief to hear that Boo is at least ok and doing well in a nice environment. *PHEW*

What a huge ordeal. Don't blame yourself.. Boo will be so happy to see you that he won't have time to be mad. Of, if he does, it will be next week after you've had all the cuddles you can manage :)

Please let us know when he's home and safe :)

Miss Meow
05-29-2003, 06:29 PM
The main thing is that someone was looking after him, and he must be OK if he's been described as a friendly cat. He might be questioning what's going on around him, but it sounds like he's dealing with it like a trooper.

Only a few more hours to go - he'll be so glad to see you! :)

(After all this crap is over, send QANTAS the biggest complaint letter in history - what a bunch of bureaucratic cretins :()

anna_66
05-29-2003, 08:00 PM
I'm glad to hear that Boo didn't have to spend the night in the cargo area & is booked into a cattery:)
I bet that's a big load off your mind!

marysmerrycats
05-29-2003, 08:23 PM
well glad to know they know where he is, and in a few hours you will have your sweet boy back with you where he belongs!
what an experience!

marysmerrycats
05-29-2003, 08:26 PM
oh yeah... welcome back to the states!:)

Logan
05-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Welcome to the US, Sam, Soledad and Boo! :)00 What a welcome for you guys :o . I'm just so glad to know he's ok, Soledad and you will have him shortly. Bless his heart.....he's been without you long enough.

Logan

wolflady
05-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Welcome back to the US from me and my boys too! I'm sad that is hasn't gone as smoothly as you had hoped. Poor Boo and poor you! I would be quite irate at the whole situation as well. Perhaps you can purchase some feliway (either the spray or the plug-in) and put it in a small room where you will be keeping Boo once he arrives for the first day or so. It should help calm him down if he is frazzled from his journey. Catnip is also a good option! Good luck collecting Boo soon!
**hugs**
Karen

popcornbird
05-29-2003, 10:17 PM
PHEW!

*sighs with relief*

I know Boo isn't with you yet, but he will be soon hopefully. It must be such a relief to know where he is and how he's doing. I'm glad he got to stay at the cattery so I'm sure he was well taken cared for. I'm just so sorry you had to go through this, but hopefully it will all turn out ok. I'm sure going through this worry for 2 days is worth it, because the other way, it would be never see Boo again (if you left him in New Zealand). He might be a bit confused, but hopefully he'll be happy to see his mommy again and he'll be just fine. Let us know when Boo arrives, and welcome back home to the US!

carole
05-29-2003, 11:07 PM
I too was so relieved to hear you had found Boo , i felt sick to the stomach for you, i know how i would have felt ,were it my cats.
I hope you are re-united very soon, dont worry i am sure he will settle in just fine.
I wanted to wish you a fond farewell from Aoetearoa, but im a bit late, however, maybe you will return for a visit someday again, I hope your new life back in the states goes well, and i am looking forward to hearing about your Wedding.

Soledad
05-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Boo is here!!! :) :D

Wylie was very interested in Boo, but we've separated them for now. Boo is in the basement with Sam as I type. And Wylie has just busted into the computer room for attention and lovings.

So, I was expecting Boo at 9.51pm today. I called around 8.45pm to confirm that Boo was on the flight and to arrange to pick him up. It turns out Boo was not booked on the 9.51pm flight. He was on ANOTHER flight and had already arrived in Minneapolis. However, his paper work was listed in the computer as incomplete. The rep told me this might mean he'd have to be kenneled until it was clear. I patiently told them that there was no way I'd wait another night and that she could make as many calls as she'd like and I'd be on hold until it was cleared.

Well, she managed to clear things and we went and got him.

When we went into the room we saw him in the kennel and Sam and I both cried out "BOO!!!" in unison. He meowed back and rubbed against the cage. We brought him to the car and he seemed confused but healthy. However, he had peed in the small kennel (not the same as the cargo one he was in on the planes) so he was a little stinky.

We bathed him as soon as we got home and he was meowing, eating, drinking and sniffing his way around the basement in no time. He's just trying to make sure to rub his glands all over the place so Wylie knows who's boss. :rolleyes:

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to see this little guy. He is the best and I love him so much. We really are home now that he's here and I can finally get some sleep!!

Thank you guys for your words of support and positive thoughts. I'm going to go cuddle him and my Sam!

babolaypo65
05-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Congrats! I'm so happy for you. NOW you can get a good night's sleep. :D :D

Nomilynn
05-29-2003, 11:39 PM
YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! I'm so happy he's home and weathered the trip well. Sounds like he's quite the little fighter! ;) I'm very glad that he's made it home to you and Sam. What a great ending this has turned out to be! :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Soledad,I'm so sorry that you had to go through such an ordeal to finally be reunited with Boo. :( Now I'm so happy and relieved that you're finally with him and he's at his new home. :D Welcome to the United States Soledad,Sam, and Boo!!!:D

boscibo
05-29-2003, 11:50 PM
That is great news! I'm so happy he's finally there, what a releif for you. :)

So sad he (and you) had to go through all that.

But now he's with you, and you're all together! :D

marysmerrycats
05-30-2003, 12:06 AM
:D :D :D whew, glad he's back home with you and all is ok now! what an ordeal! glad everything has turned out well.:D :D :D

Boo, sniff the new house and get comfy in your new home... your mommy sure is glad to have you back with her!

just wondering, if you had not called to check on things, would they have let you know he was there? or would they just let you come to the airport again and then tell you oh he got here earlier and now he isn't clear to go with you...?:mad: :confused:
sheesh do these people realize he is your baby? a living being?

lovemyshiba
05-30-2003, 12:12 AM
I"m sooo glad to hear that Boo has made it home safely!!!!!

shais_mom
05-30-2003, 01:03 AM
I am soooo sorry you went thru this. But I still stand beside the fact you didn't leave him. You would have been just as miserable!

Welcome Home!

Logan
05-30-2003, 01:32 AM
:D I couldn't be happier, unless it was my own.

popcornbird
05-30-2003, 02:04 AM
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Welcome home Boo! I'm SO happy to hear the great news! Boo must be so confused, but happy to be back with his mommy. Congrats on the successful (hectic, but still successful) travel with Boo. I know you would've been far more upset if you left him behind!

*wonders if kitties get jetlag* :confused: LOL Well, let us know if Boo thinks its time to sleep when its night in New Zealand. :o

lynnestankard
05-30-2003, 07:49 AM
YIPPEE!!! BOO'S HOME!

What fantastic news Soledad - I'm so happy for you and Sam - the furboys back where he belongs {{{Hugs}}}} to all of you.
Lynne

Soledad
05-30-2003, 07:57 AM
I could only sleep for a few hours because I was so unbelievably happy!! :D

Boo has been so good. He's being his usual love bug self and his wonderful behaviour has absolved me of any guilt. He is just such a resilient and laid back cat.

After less than 24 hours in this new place, he's treating it like his own and getting along very well with Wylie. He's never been around a dog before and it was tense at first, but they seem to be working out their boundaries and comfort zones.:)

I am still watchful of them together, but I think they'll be okay together. They've touched noses and I think Boo realises that though Wylie is much bigger than him, he is not a threat. Wylie has been absolutely saint like about it all. He handles the occasional hiss very well.

I am just so happy that Boo is still my little guy. You hear stories about cats being pretty upset by minor things like furniture being rearranged, and here he is after a two day trip on planes and cars in a new house with a new dog. He's a real trooper!! :)

Now I just have to make sure he handles being an indoor kitty and get him leash trained!!

Soledad
05-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Mary - No, they wouldn't have notified me that he was there. It is absolutely unacceptable the way these people have handled it and once I get off of my Boo-induced high I will right the most scorching complaint letter ever. I just want to revel in my boys' loveliness for a while. ;)

Pops - I think Boo DOES have jetlag. He's also pretty curious about his new home. He's slept a bit, but I'm sure he's too excited to get much and his body clock is off. No wonder I only got a few hours sleep. ;)

marysmerrycats
05-30-2003, 08:30 AM
soledad
sure, you still need more time to relax after a trip like that,gosh it's only been a couple days, and then with the Boo expereince, all the more, and I'm sure Boo is not rested yet either. it's alot for him to adjust to but it sounds like he's being a darling about it, with those eyes, how could he not be, he IS a darling:) I wish I could give Boo a big hug, the little sweetie. I think he is just so CUTE.
you really have NOTHING to feel guilty about! and aren't you glad you brought him with you, now? I mean, it would have been SO sad to have left him behind...

get some rest, and maybe after you are settled, we could get to see a pic of this sweet Wylie?:)

Soledad
05-30-2003, 08:37 AM
You're absolutely right, Mary, I am glad I took him even with all the stress and worry.

He is such a charmer. The pet mover, Tony, said that after he had Boo go through his medical exam that he took him back to his house for a bit while he had some lunch. Tony was fixing himself some tea and opened Boo's carrier. He said Boo walked around like he owned the place and even laid on his feet as he had his cup of tea! :)

What a cutie.

Wylie is a big sweetie. He's about sixty pounds of pure joy and love. He's a 10 year old mutt - a Lab and Border Collie mix. He's a bit hyper, but he listens very well and is being very patient.

Now if only I could sleep!! I just can't get enough of these guys and I'm so excited to be back with them and my family!! It feels good to be home. :)

anna_66
05-30-2003, 08:50 AM
Glad to hear that Boo is at home with you now and doing so great, he is a real trooper:D

marysmerrycats
05-30-2003, 08:53 AM
aww, I'm so glad it has worked out well. and Boo, what a cute thing to do:)

Wylie sounds adorable!
well you will sleep better in time, it sounds like you have not really "relaxed" yet, one of these days all the excitement will have gone away and you will be exhausted!

Soledad
05-30-2003, 08:58 AM
well you will sleep better in time, it sounds like you have not really "relaxed" yet, one of these days all the excitement will have gone away and you will be exhausted!

Don't I know it!! :eek: :eek:

PayItForward
05-30-2003, 09:04 AM
I am so happy Boo is reunited with you. :D

Boo sounds very happy and making friends with the resident dog, Wylie .

We'd love to see photos of Boo & Wylie settled in their new home. Hint Hint

PS. So are you getting a cat friend for Boo or do you think, Wylie will be his friend. All the best with keeping Boo inside full time, he sounds laid back enough to take it in his stride.

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-30-2003, 09:13 AM
Yea! :D I am so glad that Boo's long journey is over and that he is home safe with you! Now you can get some rest--

Edwina's Secretary
05-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Way to go Boo!!!! And welcome to the USA.....

Vio&Juni
05-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Ohhhh, Boo's finally home :D

marysmerrycats
05-30-2003, 12:10 PM
maybe Boo could write a story about his travels, and about the dummy hoomans who misplaced him... "hey guys..hello,"....

popcornbird
05-30-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Soledad

Pops - I think Boo DOES have jetlag. He's also pretty curious about his new home. He's slept a bit, but I'm sure he's too excited to get much and his body clock is off. No wonder I only got a few hours sleep. ;)

Yay, my question's been answered! :D LOL I've been wondering if animals get jetlag for years. No clue why, but whenever we come home from vacation and keeping falling asleep at wrong times, I always wonder if Popcorn and Muffin would have jetlag if they ever travelled. Muffin always tells us when she wants her cage cover in the night, so I wonder, if she ever travelled, would she ask for the cover in the morning? Hmmm.........I know, dumb question, but at least I know Boo has jetlag now. ;) Hehe Aren't you happy you brought him? What would you have done without sweet Boo? And Mary you are so right. He just has the prettiest eyes and is SUCH a cute cat. :) Good boy Boo!

Uabassoon
05-30-2003, 12:44 PM
I'm so happy to hear about this wonderful homecomming! I'm glad everything worked out well in the end and that Boo is happy to see you and comfortable in his new home. Give him some head bumpies for me.

slick
05-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Oh Soledad what a tramatic experience. I can't image how you must have felt not knowing where will Boo was.

So glad things turned out OK. Welcome to our side of the world! If Boo could talk I'll bet he could write a book on his experience.

ChrisH
05-30-2003, 01:07 PM
YAY!! Boo is home!!!:) Wonderful, wonderful news!:) :)

Hugs and headbumpies all round from me and Ebbs! :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-30-2003, 01:16 PM
I haven't posted, but I have been following the thread. I am glad that Boo is safe and with you. Your story is making me very worried about our flight to Germany in October :( Drake has been on a plane before to Paris and we had delays and he was not a very happy camper when we finally got him. Now I am terrified about flying him to Germany with us :(

sammi
05-30-2003, 01:53 PM
I don't post on this site very often anymore but - I am really happy you made it back to Mpls. and things turned out ok for Boo!

Soldad - you are not that far from me anymore:eek: LOL I fly out of Mpls. a week from today - so will wave to you!!!!! Ha!
27 years ago I also lived in Mpls for a year and loved it.

Soledad
05-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Souraya - I wouldn't worry too much about it, because there is not much you can control about the situation. Just make sure you have as many contact details as possible and always call for updates, etc. There isn't much we can do as customers to improve an airline's communication issues. Just be very vigilant, keep up on him, and write EVERYTHING down. I'm going to have a great complaint letter as I've written down everyone's names involved as well as the original information I was given. Be prepared to have ammo, need be.

Sammi - I really like Minneapolis! I'd be happy to settle down here, but I think D.C. has more of the opportunities Sam and I are looking for. It's a great place and I'm very happy to be back.

lizbud
05-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Soledad,

I haven't posted yet either, but also have been following
your experience with Boo. I'm really happy for you that he's
home now, safe & sound.:) Hugs & kisses for Boo, he seems
to be a real trooper. :D :D

NoahsMommy
05-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Oh my gosh!!!! How horrible, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that....

What a dork....I've been getting all teary over your story. I guess its just very touching to see the dedication and love you have for Boo...as it should be.

I'm so glad he's home and you are all getting adjusted. :)

Cataholic
05-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Soledad,
I am so glad to hear you, Boo and Sam are safely arrived. What a awful experience for Boo. I couldn't imagine how you must have been feeling, trying to 'find' your Boo. Welcome to the US.

Miss Meow
05-31-2003, 01:10 AM
:D :D :D

Does he meow with an American accent, already? ;)

cheetahgirl
05-31-2003, 02:30 AM
Wow. What a trip. :eek: Even though it was hard, I'm so happy Boo came with you. Its too sad to move without loved pet. Boo deserves to be with mommy. Congratulations Boo and have fun in USA.

tatsxxx11
05-31-2003, 05:22 AM
What a relief to read that finally you all are back together, safe and sound!:) What a trooper that little Boo is! I know it was tough on him, but I think you absolutely did the right thing, bringing him along! He was SO brave! Hopefully by now you're all settling in and getting some much needed rest! Minneapolis is a great city! But wherever you end up settling, being together is the most important thing of all! Welcome Home!:)

Barbara
05-31-2003, 02:31 PM
How good that I couldn't follow this story before it was over. What a horror:( :mad:

I am glad Boo, Wylie, Sam and you now are happy together.