PDA

View Full Version : I am crying right now...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-27-2003, 04:01 PM
My parents got rid of my cats.

They're gone.

They took them away while I was gone at school.

I am crying so hard...

babolaypo65
05-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Oh my goodness! that is so sad. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. :( :(

RockyRoad
05-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Oh no, that is horrible! :( :eek:
I'm sorry to hear that. I can't help wondering why they were taken away, but anyway, I'm so sorry.
{{{Hugs}}}

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
My mom said they are too hard to take care of...

I hate my family so much.

AmylovesMisty
05-27-2003, 04:21 PM
Shouldn't your mom have talked to you about it? I'm SO sry to hear that ,thats horrible!! Hugs!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-27-2003, 04:23 PM
My poor baby... she probably so scared and so lonely...

Cataholic
05-27-2003, 04:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this. That seems pretty mean and unfair. I hope they were adopted out to a home, and not to a shelter.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah they were adopted into a home... it still doesn't make me feel any better tho...

Cataholic
05-27-2003, 04:52 PM
No, of course not, ***smile***, but, maybe there are some things you can talk to your parents about that might make this not a permanent thing???

PayItForward
05-27-2003, 05:05 PM
In the short term, maybe your mum will let you visit her, so you can give her a cuddle.

In the long term, talk to your parents.

I can't think of any suggestions to help :(

Thinking of you, hopeing your parents will come round.

bluekat
05-27-2003, 05:10 PM
OMG, I'm terribly sorry......that was sooo mean and unfair! She should've talked to you about this first, if that happened to me, I would be very mad too.That's just so unfair of your parents, I am so sorry:( Do you think there's any chance your parents will let you get them back? and the new owner of them? Ask if you could visit them.

popcornbird
05-27-2003, 05:11 PM
OMG! :eek: How could they do that? :( I never even knew you had cats. I thought you only had Abby. I'm so sorry. Do your parents have a reason? Did they discuss this earlier or just took them away with no notice? I think its very harsh to just take them away without discussing or even mentioning it earlier, because that's such a shock. :( How long did you have the cats? Didn't your parents love them? :(

Ps. I don't think you should say that about your mom though. That's a very harsh word. I wouldn't even use it for my enemy. :( She's your mother, no matter what. Its wrong to say such things about her, even though she did a VERY cruel thing.

carole
05-27-2003, 05:23 PM
How incredibly sad, i cant imagine ever doing such a thing, why did your parents not discuss this with you? maybe they are finding it too hard financially to cope with the cats, but they should have at least told you so.
I cant believe they could be so cruel to you and the cats, poor babies, they must wonder what the heck is going on.
You take care and a big hug to you, i really feel for you, this is awful.

slleipnir
05-27-2003, 05:26 PM
I'm so sorry :( That must be soo hard. My friends dad did the exact thing to her with her dog. She, her whole life, wanted a dog SO much and when she finally got it, he took him away while she was at school. I really don't think parents should do that, you should, if you have to get rid of them, be able to say goodbye or w/e..I would die if someone did that to me and I didn't get to say goodbye :(
Also, you shouldn't say that about your family, you might not like them right now but you shouldn't say things that sometimes you might not be able to take back just because your mad at them :(

catland
05-27-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm so very sorry. I can't think of anything to say right now that will make it better.

carole
05-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Anyone who takes a childs beloved pet or pets away without any explanation is just plain CRUEL, there is no reason good enough in my books, i am so very sorry for you. this must indeed have broken your heart.

HoRsELUvR
05-27-2003, 05:46 PM
did they just take them without telling you?Im so sorry.I know i would be sad if something like that happened to me.Im sorry you have to be without your cats.Were they adopted by someone else or what?Im really sorry that u have to deal with this.

lovemyshiba
05-27-2003, 06:02 PM
How very sad. I am so sorry.
Maybe you could talk to your parents, and find out why they did it--do they know how upset you are??
If they said cats are hard to take care of, I wish they would have spoken to you about it first, so maybe you could take even more of their care upon yourself:(
It just doesn't make sense.

Tina
05-27-2003, 06:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that:( I can't understand why they couldn't have talked to you about the cats instead of taking them away while your at school. That is just plain selfish of them. I'm sorry to say that but I just think they should have said something before taking the cats away.

BTW I don't think it was nice what you said about your family either. They do love you and try to do what they think is best. I know your mad at them. But I just don't think that was a nice word to use.

carole
05-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Of course she was angry at them, maybe its better for her to vent her anger out here , than to them personally. regardless i think it was a heartless act, to take them away whilst she was at school and to not tell her why or even discuss it with her, she is part of that family, she is 14 i believe, so she should have at least some say in the matter, were they not her pets.

tatsxxx11
05-27-2003, 06:32 PM
I'm so, so sad for you:( Parents do what they think best. But I believe that it is important for parents to be honest with their children. I am sorry they didn't discuss this with you first:(

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-27-2003, 06:59 PM
No offense, but that's a pretty CRAPPY thing for your parents to do to you.
I'm sure your babies are safe where they are and will be well taken care of.
As for your parents, that is just plain ignorant and cruel. :mad:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-27-2003, 08:15 PM
I'm gonna start crying again tonight when my baby isn't lying next to me purring... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

slick
05-27-2003, 08:23 PM
What a sad thing to have happen. Did they not give you any warning about it?? I really think you should have had a say in it. Maybe you should take a couple of days to get over the shock, then sit down with them and explain how hurt you are, not only because your cats are gone, but because they did not trust you enough to include you in on the decision. And to do it behind your back while you were at school is a very heartless thing to do. I am happy that they are adopted to a good home but I'm sure that does not ease the pain.

And Popcornbird is right. Your Mother will always be your Mother and no matter how you feel right now she will always be there for you no matter what. I speak from experience here. I really think communication here is the answer. Good luck.

moosmom
05-27-2003, 08:44 PM
I am so, so sorry about what your parents did. It was totally inexcusable! They should've at least told you so that you could've made arrangements yourself.

We are all here for you, pal. I'm glad you chose to vent your anger here. We're here to help you anyway we can.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Kfamr
05-28-2003, 04:44 AM
I'm sorry that you lost them but if mom said they were too hard to take care of she should have told you.Then you hsould have helped take care of them more.

IttyBittyKitty
05-28-2003, 08:11 AM
Did your parents give you any indication why they would do that? Did they tell you they couldn't look after your cat? That's pretty nasty of them, I would be so upset if my Mum did that. My aunty did that to her kid a couple of times when he got pets cause he was spoilt and she couldnt say no but he was spoilt and he wouldn't take care of it and neither would she. So sad.

Hugs and prayers to you in your hard time. It is awful losing a loved pet.

anna_66
05-28-2003, 08:15 AM
I wish I knew something to make you feel better, but unfortunately I don't.
I do hope you talk to your parents about why they did this.

lynnestankard
05-29-2003, 06:09 AM
This is just so sad. I'm having trouble getting my head round parents actually doing that! How cruel. Have you discussed it properly with them. Not shouting and getting upset - but trying to be very controlled and just talking. Is there a family friend (adult) who might help you sort this out? I'm just so sorry for you {{{Hugs}}} across the miles.

Lynne