PDA

View Full Version : Juni Rose et al

sasvermont
05-27-2003, 10:07 AM
http://www.highgait.com/i/Claire_Virginia/E120_2027s.jpg

I have no idea which kitty is mine!

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-27-2003, 10:14 AM
Oh, a whole basket full of warm, soft red kitties! :D Whichever one Juni Rose is, you are very lucky--they are all gorgeous. (I especially like those little black toes on top! Couldn't you just kiss them?)

HayleyRosie
05-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Oh my! I have never saw anything as cute as that. You are very lucky.

lailamara
05-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Do I see 3 red abys and 4 ruddies? What a cute kitty pile ! I wish Maya would let me have another one !!! Can't wait till you post pictures of Juni Rose.

sasvermont
05-27-2003, 11:34 AM
All the cats are Ruddies. There are 3 from one litter and 4 from the other. I will be getting one of the 4 girls (lighter colored).... They have different parents - and they are all spoken for...... I think the darker ones are a bit older than the light girls.

I have been trying to tell Ti that he might (if he lasts that long) have a new little sister. I know that he is missing having a friend, since Miley still wants nothing to do with him.

This morning (oh, around 4 AM) Miley was at the bedroom door, hissing and growling at Ti. He was standing there breathing heavily...sniffing...and it was really ticking her off. I am not convinced that she is afraid of him still, just being territorial. It will be interesting to see what happens when I bring in Ms. Juni Rose...... I hope she will have a good sense of self when she arrives. I am thinking about making a little hockey/guard outfit for her.....for the war. Maybe Edwina has a spare one....oh, that's right, Winny would never have participated in such a violent sport!

I will be picking her up on June 7th....and will have photos that day, I am sure!

SAS:D

Christiansmommy
05-27-2003, 11:35 AM
How sweet :) Dont cha wish you could take a couple home? :) I cant wait to get pics of my puppy, Mocha from her breeder!! How did you ever manage to wait so long to get her...it is soooooooo hard :)

Robyn

Freckles
05-27-2003, 12:04 PM
Maybe that's Juni Rose at the bottom, more interested in having her picture taken than sleeping!:)

Pam
05-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Maybe that's Juni Rose at the bottom, more interested in having her picture taken than sleeping!:)

I am sort of hoping that it is. That one looks like she might be feisty enough to live with Her Majesty Miley and The Big Galoot, Ti. Time will tell! ;)

Randy_K
05-27-2003, 04:11 PM
Abys, Ruddies in particular, don't reach their full coloring until they are a year to eighteen months old. Once they reach their adult coloring, they are stunning.

Edwina's Secretary
05-27-2003, 04:30 PM
I am thinking about making a little hockey/guard outfit for her.....for the war. Maybe Edwina has a spare one....oh, that's right, Winny would never have participated in such a violent sport!

She did participate in the sport of curling during the last Olympics! Would she like to borrow Edwina's Harley Davidson Hat? It will make her look tough anyway!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p574909f1ece0cc981ac6fb0cfcf35489/fd6f1ad0.jpg

ChrisH
05-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Oh, my, they are all so adorable!:)

PayItForward
05-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Would she like to borrow Edwina's Harley Davidson Hat? It will make her look tough anyway!

How kind of Edwina to lend her wardrobe out. Or is it last season, darling ;)

Is it June yet ?

kimlovescats
05-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Who cares which one she is... I'll take them ALL!!!!! :D
How exciting, I can't wait til June!!!!:)

neko1
05-28-2003, 05:14 AM
OMG that pile of Abys is soooo cute!!!! I wish I had them all!!:D

BastetsMum
05-28-2003, 05:53 AM
ALL OF THEM!

Oh man wouldn't that just be a handful! 7 kittens! FUREVER!

:D :D

moosmom
05-28-2003, 12:01 PM
OMG!! What a cute pile o' kitties!!

Ahem,

Lady Edwina? I never knew you were the biker puss type! ;) LOVE the Harley chapeau. Got chaps to go with it?

Russian Blue
05-28-2003, 02:30 PM
I absolutely love seeing these pics, I never get tired of seeing them. They are all so cute!!!

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for you to bring Juni Rose home. I hope all goes well and the household will settle down a bit with the new addition!

;)

anna_66
05-29-2003, 02:08 PM
Is that your Juni Rose in your siggy sas? If so, she's a real cutie! I watched the movie and those kitties sure know how to play;)
Maybe this girl will be just the one to kee Ti in order, I sure hope so!
Can't wait to see some pictures on the 7th:D

sasvermont
05-29-2003, 02:48 PM
The trip to pick up Ms. Juni will be 5 hours each way, so I should be home in the afternoon. The last time I went there was to pick up Graemer and Miley. They were so quiet on the way home.... I hope Juni will be the same. Some how I think she will be scared without having a buddy with her. Makes me want to pick up TWO....but TWO are not available.

Last evening I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a former Bengal breeder and she was oh so helpful. It seems that Ti may not be able to change..... but we think we should give him the chance to deal with Juni and play it out.

Also last evening Ti wiggled his face into the computer room door opening and went right for Miley. She ran, leaving a trail of poop all over the bedroom floor and then in the bathtub. It was all over her too, but she took care of that. He tangled with her (and she with him) for a good three minutes until I finally scared him off to the other part of the house. It was like the Indy 500, cat style. No one was hurt. The rug took a beating.... I didn't have the best smelling bedroom....thank goodness I have windows galore in the place.

Anyway, last night I was ready to call it quits with Ti. I still hope that he will give up the fight, but it surely isn't looking like it. He was oh so determined to get Miley last night. He bolted right past me like a heat-seeking missle.

The retired breeder told me to stay with the kitten and Ti for every minute, not allowing him to act up, if at all possible. She seems to think that Ti is just filled with energy and needs an outlet. I think he is a bully. We shall see.

The breeder also mentioned that she would find me a good home for him if it did not work out. That is more than the original breeder would do. Once this settles down, I am going to write to the original breeder with my complaints and turn her into the TICA folks. The retired breeder said she was embarrassed by
Ti's breeder's attitude and unprofessionalism. You live and learn.

Anyway, Ms. Juni will be welcomed with open arms by me. If necessary, Ti will be banished from my house if he starts acting ugly with Juni Rose. He will have one last chance. Poor guy.

SAS

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
The breeder also mentioned that she would find me a good home for him if it did not work out.

Oh SAS, I'm so glad you found someone that can help with Ti. Not only in the finding him a good home, but with all your concerns. Sounds like this person is much more concerned with Ti's, Miley's and your well being rather than just getting rid of a cat like the other breeder.

Sounds like Miley is really quite terrified of Ti. Somehow I don't know if she'll be able to get over that. :(

June 6 is only a week away now, so hopefully Ti can hold on for that long without causing too much more fuss.

Juni Rose, you've got a tough row to how in your new home. I sure hope you're up to it. ;) :( :)

Pam
05-29-2003, 04:28 PM
SAS I am wondering if it might even be better to introduce Juni Rose to Miley without Ti even being around. Would it be possible to keep them isolated until Ti is re-homed. I am just saying this because I am fearing for poor little Miley. She doesn't need any more stress. She may view Juni Rose as a source of stress and feel her world is crumbing down around her with two strangers in her house. Maybe I am over-reacting, but I would like to see Miley only have to deal with Juni Rose when she comes.

Randy_K
05-29-2003, 04:45 PM
You never know. Miley may see Juni Rose as an ally against Ti but she is stressed so take your time introducing them.

It is possible for a cat not to be happy in a home either with the people or the other furry housemates. We placed a 6 year old Blue Aby with a woman who really wanted him but he’d have nothing to do with her. The next home was even worse with him hiding in a kitchen cabinet for nine days (he came out at night to eat and litter box). With the third candidate we arranged a meeting to see if he liked her (he’s Mr. Cuddles around us and purrs all the time). He actually liked her and has become her best buddy. Cats are strong willed and will get their way!

smokey the elder
05-29-2003, 05:10 PM
Ooh, what a lovely soft pile of Aby's!

sasvermont
05-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Well, I have thought of every possibility.....Ti on the porch, Miley and Juni together....Juni by herself, with me for the night..... no other cats.....but I will have to see what is what with little Juni.

Since the weather is nice, it is possible to isolate Ti on the porch. It is 40' x 10' and screened in completely. He loves it out there but also likes my companionship. If it comes to it, he can live out there until the details are worked out.

Ti has a couple of problems socially and it seems that Bengal owners are oh so familiar with their traits/problems. Just like some Aby females not wanting to share their territory...... some Bengals are not always socialized properly and end up being social misfits. I really think Ti is socially immature. He seems to not know how to mix with other cats. The retired breeder (Tamara) said she would evaluate him if it came down to him having to be re-homed.

I have still not given up on the girls in Boston (Karen's relative is one girl) but Ti is a special kitty with special needs at this point...and I would hate to have someone get a hold of him and then return him, again. If he needs to be rehomed, he needs the right home, this last time. He is not impossible, just special. I don't think the girls know what they would be signing up for, if Ti became theirs. He is a handful.

I am hoping that Miley will like Juni and not be afraid of a kitten (14 weeks old....)....

I am nervous, for sure!

slick
05-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Love the kitty pile picture. Good luck SAS. I pray that things settle down once Juni is in place and as Randy says maybe Miley and Juni will be come best friends and show Ti how to behave. Hope so.

Barbara
05-31-2003, 11:22 AM
Oh, Sallyanne,
it was my first act here to look how you and your fur family is doing.
It looks as if Ti is to close to his wilder ancestors, poor boy. I hope Miley will not feel threatened by sweet little Juni Rose. My roses here, the ones that are in bloom all June, are just starting -so they will be covered in flowers when you get her:) :)

Looking at such an Aby pile is just too cute...

Pam
05-31-2003, 11:51 AM
A week from today!!! Very soon precious little Juni will become a Camp Vermonter and Pet Talk's newest little kitty love. I am so excited for you I can hardly stand it. :) Make sure you have lots of good batteries all charged and ready to go. We are going to want PICS, PICS, PICS!

Pam
06-01-2003, 07:43 AM
Now we are officially in *Juni Rose Month!* ;)

PayItForward
06-01-2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks Pam, for the reminder...It is June. Hurrah. :D

Rachel
06-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Pam
SAS I am wondering if it might even be better to introduce Juni Rose to Miley without Ti even being around. Would it be possible to keep them isolated until Ti is re-homed. I am just saying this because I am fearing for poor little Miley. She doesn't need any more stress. She may view Juni Rose as a source of stress and feel her world is crumbing down around her with two strangers in her house. Maybe I am over-reacting, but I would like to see Miley only have to deal with Juni Rose when she comes.

As someone who doesn't have cats I should probably not even comment, but I do agree with Pam here. I worry you are going to be creating undue stress on yourself in trying to spin too many plates in the air at one time. Also I don't understand how one little kitty is going to really benefit the Ti and Miley situation to any great extent. I know your heart wants to give Ti one more chance, but maybe his best chance is in a situation where he is the only cat or in a household where the other cat is amenible to his personality.

PayItForward
06-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Good luck on introduction, however you decide to do them.

Fingers crossed that all three cats may learn to co-exist (ideal situation) or Ti is rehomed happily if necessary.

Jumping up & down & waiting for photos :D

Randi
06-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Sas, now it's getting exiting - only one week and you'll have one from that cute bunch! They're adorable! I really hope that Miley won't be scared of the new one. I think is a good idea to isolate Ti on the porch to begin with and let Miley get to know the little new one first. :)

I hope they'll gradually come to accept each other!

Yes, remember to have the camera ready for the arrival!

Best of luck with them all!!

sasvermont
06-01-2003, 09:39 AM
I went to the store yesterday and bought a ton of litter AND KITTEN FOOD (IAMS). I felt so happy buying the kitten food, as it reminded me of when I brought home Miley and Graemer.

I have been thinking and thinking about my situation. I just have to keep an open mind. BUT I think I will try the Miley/Juni combination first and the Ti/Juni next, if at all, depending on how Ti behaves. I just don't see him turning into a gentleman overnight. Tamara, the retired breeder I have been talking with, suggested that Ti was never exposed to other animals other than his roommate cat. I suspect he and the roommie were rough and tough with each other, although Ti has no scars on him. He must have won! Seriously, I suspect he just scares the hell out of his playmates but does not kill them!

I will be driving (5 hours) on June 7th, less than a week away, and picking up Ms. Juni Rose aka the newest Camp Vermonter!

I will charge the batteries!

SAS;)

Christiansmommy
06-01-2003, 10:27 PM
I think that sounds like a good idea to put Juni and Miley together first...Juni will probably be a breath of fresh air for Miley girl. She may remind her of Graemer :) Maybe she and Miley can form a bond...b/c if Ti and Juni did then Miley would feel even more stressed, ya know. Anyway, glad your kitten will be in your arms this time next week!! I bet you cant wait! Five hours!! I will be driving 6 hours to pick up Mocha...the things we do for our pets ;).....i cant wait, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will live thru you and your new kitty experience until I can finally get my Mocha!!!

Congrats SAS! :)

Robyn

sasvermont
06-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Here are two new photos of the June Ruddies. I have no idea which one is Juni, other than one of the redish ones.......I just can't wait.

Tonight I shall get all my cleaning and rearranging completed, as it will be a real test to see how long it will take for Ti to scare the hell out of the kitten. I hope to keep the kitten (and Miley) in the bedroom/computer room/bathroom area and allow Ti some play time every now and then. We shall see!

Could this be Juni Rose? Maybe. Kittens......and what they get in to....
http://www.highgait.com/i/Claire_Virginia/E120_2047s.jpg

I want all of them. I plan to go a couple of hours earlier than planned so that I can be covered with kittens for awhile before I take Juni away from her furry friends.....

http://www.highgait.com/i/Claire_Virginia/E120_2045s.jpg

Sigh.

PayItForward
06-03-2003, 08:03 AM
Too cute, 4 days to go.

Russian Blue
06-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont

I want all of them. I plan to go a couple of hours earlier than planned so that I can be covered with kittens for awhile before I take Juni away from her furry friends.....

http://www.highgait.com/i/Claire_Virginia/E120_2045s.jpg

Sigh.

Ha! Look at the back legs stretched out from one of those kittens! Too cute!

I'll be thinking of you covered in those furry kittens.........**sigh**

Your going to have so much fun that day! I'm very jealous!

;)

anna_66
06-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Oh how wonderful it would be to be covered in those beautiful kitties, have fun!

HayleyRosie
06-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Oh I wish I could come with you. You are soooo lucky! Please give them lots of scritchies for me.

gini
06-03-2003, 10:51 AM
What a beautiful pile of babies!

June 7th - not too far away now..............

lailamara
06-03-2003, 11:14 AM
Wonderful pictures, makes me remember when I went to pick up Bodhi and Maya and there was a house full of Aby's and kittens . I wanted to bring them all home. After the first night I realized that 2 Aby babies was all I could handle. Yikes were they rambunctious. All paws, including mine are crossed for you and the kitties. What male cat could take on 2 female Abys in cahoots !!:eek:

Barbara
06-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Of course this reminds me also of little Filou. When we got him he had 14 weeks and he had started to be no longer a fluffy kitten but a long legged teenager.
Oh and how rambunctionous he was. Aby kittens can cope with a lot. Filou was the boss of the household from the very first minute he came in.

Randy_K
06-03-2003, 09:57 PM
Mango lives with two female cats - one Aby and one Tabby. It was a surprise to me to see that Mango quickly became the alpha cat in the household. He bosses the girls around - gently - but all the same the "boss." And they defer to him.

The girls may not gang up on Ti but they can give him a good run.

Randy_K
06-03-2003, 10:07 PM
When we picked up Mango (two years ago last May 17th) he was in a house full of Abys of all ages. There was two month old kittens up to a 18 year old male named Alexander - all beautiful and playful except maybe Alexander who just wanted to either be held or to chase the chickens in the back yard! I envy you in your visit to house full of kittens.

Pam
06-04-2003, 06:19 AM
Three more days to wake up in a house without Juni! Silly little kitten antics on the way! Just can't wait!

neko1
06-04-2003, 07:38 AM
I want to be covered in a big pile of abys....

sasvermont
06-06-2003, 04:42 AM
Well, I will write down my battle plans....set up the litter boxes...get out the band aids...put away all the breakables...and get ready for Ms. Juni Rose!

I am going to try to keep an open mind, and let her adjust to us based on her personality. If she is shy, I will go softly with her...and if she is bold, then .... well, she will have run of the house...

I shall take photos as soon as she arrives.... I just cannot wait...I will probably arrive back home early Saturday evening....so by Sunday, I should have some snap shots!

Wish us luck!

;)

Pam
06-06-2003, 06:01 AM
SAS when my hubby was in the Air Force they referred to weekdays as wake-ups and the weekends as roll-overs. I was thinking this morning that you only have one more roll-over to go ~ but then again you won't be rolling over!!! The excitement will bolt you right out of the bed tomorrow. Then of course Juni will bolt you right out of the bed every day after that with her silly little kitty antics, that is if she lets you sleep at all! LOL! Can't wait to hear nawtee kitten stories and of course see those pictures!!! I bet you won't have your mind on your work today. They might as well tell you to stay home! LOL!

lailamara
06-06-2003, 06:41 AM
We are all excited for you and eagerly waiting your new arrival. A yes, kitten antics, breakables....my two have calmed down considerably at 1 1/2 years of age. What can you expect when they live with two couch and mouse(computer over-users) potatoes like us!!! I remember you giving me advice about these two rascals when I first got them last year!!!

anna_66
06-06-2003, 08:35 AM
I was just thinking, Only 1 More Day!

I'll be waiting anxiously to see pics of your sweet Juni Rose:)

Vio&Juni
06-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Can't wait to hear all about her :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-06-2003, 09:42 AM
I can't wait! Have a great weekend (I'm sure you will!). :D

Russian Blue
06-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Picture, picture, pictures, pictures.....get my drift?

:D

I think I can safely say that we all want to be part of the homecoming!

;)

Barbara
06-06-2003, 02:57 PM
I think of you. Am envying you but also keeping all fingers crossed! Why can't it be Sunday right now.

Freckles
06-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Is it Saturday yet??:)

Steffi N
06-06-2003, 07:18 PM
Like everyone else, I'm eagerly awaiting Juni Rose's arrrival.
Have a safe trip. I love the picture of the pile of abys.

Cataholic
06-06-2003, 08:42 PM
OMG, it is TOMORROW~ tomorrow!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pics of Ms. Juni Rose! I know she will be breathtakingly beautiful. Post, soon!!!

Pam
06-07-2003, 06:27 AM
Sallyanne if you haven't left yet I just wanted to wish you safe travels. Drive Carefully! :) Can't wait til you come back with your precious cargo!! Yippee! Juni Day!!!

IttyBittyKitty
06-07-2003, 10:16 AM
And he said, "What the hell is that ?"

LOL

I can't wait to see pics of Juni Rose!!