PDA

View Full Version : another dog rescued

lovemyshiba
05-26-2003, 10:03 PM
So, we're driving home from our Memorial Day party, and we pass through an intersection, and I see a black lump on the grass. "Is that a dog??" I said, and my husband (knowing full well what he was in store for) said he thought so, and turned the car around. We saw another car stopped a little ways down the road, and thinking that they could be looking for him, stopped to see what they were doing. She was trying to get the dog--she said he had been lying there for about 20 minutes, but when she went over to him, he barked at her, so she backed off. She called the non-emergency police line, and they said they were sending someone for him/her. We waited for a while (I cannot believe the amount of cars that passed and didn't even slow down)--my husband went over and tried to entice the dog with treats, but he was afraid (the dog, not my husband). So another guy stops, a person my husband works with, and tries to no avail. Finally the animal control officer got there, and pulled out a crate, which did NOT make him happy. He started running, into the road, and it was starting to get dark out. He went down the street, and we got in our car (we had Riley, that's why I was hanging back) and followed--the dog came back to the same spot then. I guess the animal control officer figured he would like the crate, then she tried the "let's go for a ride" route, but he would have none of it. Finally, my husband almost had him with treats, and he wanted to run with my husband--and the lady opened the crate again, and he got scared. A police officer pulled up, and he got out to try and help--the dog got close to his car, and I yelled "open the door, maybe he'll jump in"--and guess what?? That's exactly what he did!!!!! The officer was going to read his tags then and contact his owners--I can't imagine who they were--there aren't many houses in this area. We thought the dog was injured--he laid in the same spot, right next to the road, for at least 20 minutes. When he got close, I could see he was a gorgeous black lab, and well taken care of, not a stray--but I still think he may have been sick or hit or something.
I certainly hope these people can use a leash from now on:mad:

The animal control officer also said something that bothered me--when she saw the dog, she said "oh, he doesn't look familiar, there are 3 or 4 I pick up every week from this area"--why are these people getting their dogs back:mad:

Anyway, the dog is safe, with the officer, and hopefully home now--my husband knows the police officer, so he will try to get a full report from him

binka_nugget
05-26-2003, 10:10 PM
I hope the lil guy is back home safe now. :D

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-26-2003, 10:15 PM
How kind of you and your husband! :D Keep us updated on 'em. Thanks! :) :D :D

Fuzzy317
05-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Keep us posted. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-27-2003, 07:34 AM
Hope the pupster gets back to his home or finds a better home. He is very lucky that he didn't get run over or left out for the night. He will be in my thoughts.

Rachel
05-27-2003, 08:33 AM
A special thank you to you Amy for taking the time to help this dog. I think a tragedy was averted because of you.

Sudilar
05-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Amy, again, you are a rescue Angel!! Thank you for caring (and your husband, too!).
I hope he found his way back home. Please update, when you know something!

anna_66
05-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Hero's again today!
I'm so glad that this dog was finally caught & hope he has a good home & this was just an accident. Please keep us updated.

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Well, Emily I almost thought you took on another dog! (hehe)

Congratulations on a Job well done.

Keep us posted!

Cisco's Mom
05-27-2003, 11:20 AM
Good to hear ya'll stopped to help this pup!!:) I only hope the owners are found and the dog gets what care it may need.

tikeyas_mom
05-27-2003, 01:28 PM
You know what Amy its the ppl like you that make all the difference. I really hope the poor dog fopund its way to a loving home. I am glad the dog jumped into the care to because It would have sucked if it ran off again. How was Riley acting through all this action??

lovemyshiba
05-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by MaxandSpike'sMom
Well, Emily I almost thought you took on another dog! (hehe)

Congratulations on a Job well done.

Keep us posted!

You know what's funny?? Chuck saw the dog, and said "ooh--there's our big one!!"--he is just dying for a big dog--his favorite command for Riley is "Riley GROW"--Riley just looks at him and stretches when he says that:p

Tikeya's mom--Riley could not have been more of an angel. I didn't cross the street with him, in case the dog was agressive or injured and may go after Riley, but we stayed back and watched everything--he sat next to me on his leash and watched (all the time, I'm telling him "now, this is what happens if you run off--don't ever do it") I wanted to be up there helping out, but there were enough hands, and I wasn't about to leave Riley in the car.