PDA

View Full Version : Minnie's adventure

weeze
05-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Last night Minnie decided to let herself out of the house. The screen door was not closed properly and she managed to open it and run out. Thank goodness we saw it happen, or we would have never known she was gone! Anyway, she had seen a stray cat and decide to chase her. She was gone in seconds! I spend the rest of the evening roaming the neighbourhood looking for her. It got dark eventually and since she is all black, it was almost impossible to see her. Well, my husband managed to spot her and we were on the run.. Just picture two very grown adults chasing after this cat, which no one could probably even see! She finally got tired and allowed me to catch her. What a relief! Anyway, we won't be making the same mistake again!

slick
05-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Good thing she's safe. I guess Minnie just couldn't resist.

jenluckenbach
05-26-2003, 02:15 PM
You are describing my worst mightmare! I always worry about this happening. Luckily in all these years, only twice did a cat step outside the door and they stayed put so could be grabbed immediately. I am so happy that Minnie is safe.

HayleyRosie
05-27-2003, 08:21 AM
I'm so happy that Minnie is safe. Hayley got out last weekend and I was so afraid she would start running I left the door open when I went to pick her up. When I turned to go back in the house there was Mandy sitting so proudly on the front step. I'll remember to close the door from now on!

ramanth
05-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Glad to hear Minnie is safe. Zam's scared me like that before.

Steffi N
05-27-2003, 04:59 PM
My Lovable got out late one night when we had a blackout in my neighborhood. He escaped when I went out to a diner and I didn't even see him. After I got back I went right to bed. The next morning I realized he was missing and had a scary time looking for him, but found him under a bush near my apartment. Was I relieved. Glad your Minnie is home safe. Cats are great escape artists. Let's all be careful.

ChrisH
05-27-2003, 05:07 PM
So glad Minnie is home safe.

PayItForward
05-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Glad you caught her.

catmandu
05-28-2003, 09:48 AM
I am paranoid about that as well, as moose the Magnificent went out and was stuck in an empty house for nearly 2 months! I was afraid that he had gone to the Rainbow bridge , boy was I glad to see him again!