PDA

View Full Version : For the bird people

slick
05-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Just had to share this with you. Last weekend I had some volunteer work to do for the Humane Society. I manned an info booth and sold different items for fundraising. Anyway, this woman came up to me with this huge bird on her shoulder. She said her name was Molly but I can't remember what kind of bird. Molly was white but had bright orange feathers underneath the ones on her head. Well, I took one look and immediate fell in love. Molly came on my shoulder and tucked her head underneath my neck and cuddled while I pet her. She was soooo affectionate and even kissed me on the cheek. She was quite the talker too! The owner had rescued her because she was so stressed out in her original home, she pulled out most of her feathers. But even with all the bald spots, she stole my heart away.

I now understand what you guys have been talking about all this time.:D

Tweety_Pie
05-26-2003, 03:07 PM
;) :p I think you need a bird!:p ;) lol

Jessica12345
05-26-2003, 06:15 PM
lol:p aww... Im guessing she was a mollucan cockatoo? :confused: I think you need a bird as well! LOL :D

AngelZoo
05-26-2003, 06:55 PM
Yeah I'm guessing some type of cockatoo :)

I just got done holding my bird and trying to tame him, hee hee. :)

Tweety_Pie
05-26-2003, 07:39 PM
OH AngelZoo! I never knew you had a budgie! (I was looking at your sig) Do you have any pics of Corbi?

popcornbird
05-27-2003, 02:14 AM
I'm glad someone from the cat side FINALLY understands what we're talking about. ;););) LOL J/K I know lots of the kitty people here love birds too. :)

How could you *not* fall in love with a sweetie pie bird? ;) The bird you described sounds like a cockatoo to me. :) They are SO sweet and its my dream to have a rose breasted cockatoo someday. Cockatiels are also known as *mini-cockatoos* and they are super cuddly like cockatoos as well. Hehe. :D Birdies are the best :p

Me thinks you need a birdie too :p:p:p

CathyBogart
05-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Hehehehe, you're stuck now!! BWAHAHA! It was a parrotlet that did it for me. I didn't really have any interest in birds until I met her. She's still at work, but I'm sure she'll find a home soon. When I'm able to have a bird I will have a little Parrotlet. ^_^

slick
05-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, all I can tell you is that I've never been cuddled by a bird and I WANT SOME MORE!!!

Sadly though I'm out of the home for 12 hrs and day and I do have 2 cats so getting a bird would be out of the question. I really want a dog when I retire (15 yrs away) but maybe I'll get a dog and a bird.......

I was so totalling hooked and can't stop thinking about Molly.