PDA

View Full Version : Jealous Mandy!

HayleyRosie
05-26-2003, 10:54 AM
We have really noticed lately that Mandy is really jealous. We can't even touch Hayley and Mandy runs over a meows to get up with us. She loves attention and wants to be in our arms all the time. Hayley don't seems to mind but there are times when she wants to be cuddled and Mandy runs and gets in the way. It the first time I have ever witnessed behaviour like this.

kimlovescats
05-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Oh yes... I have several this way too. Gets a bit annoying when one is wanting attention and then someone (namely Hallie Sue) will jump up and force herself between me and the other cat and rub her we nose all in my face!!!! :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Tubby has always been very jealous of Peanut too. If he notices that she is getting attention - on our lap, on the floor, on the bed, wherever - he will immediately drop what he's doing - not that he's usually doing too much :rolleyes: - and run over to us and what pets and attention from us. He has always been this way and I haven't been able to break him of the habit.

Peanut always jumps down or runs away when he comes over. A few times I've forced her to stay, so I had both of them on my lap, telling Tubby that it's ok for me to pet her too, and telling Peanut that it's ok if Tubby is there and she doesn't have to run away, but they are both extremely unhappy under those circumstances so I let her go and chase him off my lap for being such a bully. :rolleyes: :( :)

emily_the_spoiled
05-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Unfortunately Tanner is the same way as Tubby (maybe it is a "guy thing"). He can't stand it if I am paying any attention to Emily :rolleyes: and he MUST come over and chase her away :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Once in awhile I can get them both to sit still when I am stretched out on the couch (but that is the exception rather than the rule). Tanner is a real "mamma's boy" and has to be with me all the time...