PDA

View Full Version : Strange food combos...

Cookiebaker
05-25-2003, 06:24 PM
OK, Mark has always wanted me to try this, but it sounded too weird. Tonight, I finally gave in and tried it, and it's REALLY good!! It's Orange Sherbet with Hershey's Chocolate syrup. I know it sounds strange, but it's really yummy!

Anybody else have wierd combos that they like?

RubyMutt
05-25-2003, 06:59 PM
mmmm... maybe I'm strange, but that sounds really good! I love chocolate & orange together! mmm... I'm going to have to try that!

hmm... I can't think of any weird combos I like... I'm sure something will come to mind eventually

Andie
05-25-2003, 09:00 PM
Grapes wrapped in cheese :p

carole
05-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Well not me, but my daughter loves to dip grated cheese in chocolate Dairy foods, yuck, guess i should not knock it until ive tried it, hmm no way

kingrattus
05-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Green beans & Mustard.. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

aly
05-25-2003, 09:24 PM
I put salad dressing on just about everything .. including chili, burritos, enchiladas ... and much more.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Pizza dipped in Ranch...
Chips dipped in Ketchup...

lol...

shais_mom
05-25-2003, 10:25 PM
My friend puts ketchup on grean beans. :eek:

For family dinners my grandma makes homemade noodles which we top w/ mashed potates and my dad and I put mustard on it.

Kfamr
05-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Ewww... you'd thinkk it would taste really nasty because if you eat chocolate and then drink orange juice it normally tastes pretty gross!

wolf_Q
05-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Hot dogs...split down the middle, topped with mashed pototos, then some cheese.......cooked in the oven until the cheese is melted. Mmm!!

Crikit
05-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Fries and gravy...though that's not weird in Canada. Oh powdered doughnuts, you know the ones with the icing sugar on them and butter...mmmm, mmm good. Oh and subs with chips in them.

iceyshiver21
05-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Carrots dipped in penut better....

iceyshiver21
05-25-2003, 11:55 PM
grapes work in penut butter too

kingrattus
05-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Carrots dipped in penut better.... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... i love that

slick
05-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Thanks to Richard's party last week I've taken to green olives stuffed with blue cheese. I know it's not that unusual...

My Mom's favourite sandwich is very simple: raw onion slices with HP sauce.:eek:

apcrs5122
05-26-2003, 09:07 PM
I don't eat this but my cousin's girlfriend's twin sister had a craving for those chicken flavored crackers with peanut butter on top when she was pregnant with her child! I think that sounds gross, but who knows?

kingrattus
05-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Fries and gravy
======
EL'CHEAPO!!!!!
u forgot the Cheese... & lots of it... the best gravy is chicken gravy, oh it has to be done in the oven, with ozzing cheese.. oh man I want one now!!!!!!

Crikit
05-26-2003, 10:32 PM
That would be poutine...which I don't like. I'm really not a big fan of cheese, though I don't mind cheese whiz or nacho cheese on my hot dogs with some ketchup.

kingrattus
05-26-2003, 10:44 PM
That would be poutine...which I don't like. I'm really not a big fan of cheese,
======
:eek: u take that back!!!! u evil cheese hater!!

====
cheese whiz or nacho cheese
====
Thats not real cheese, u cheese hater!!!!

u better pray I don't win the lotto, first I gotta figure out how to play & get $ to buy one, but when I do, I'll fly west & beat u with a brick of real cheese!! what u say about that cheese hater, hmm hmm hmm??? :D

Cheshirekatt
05-27-2003, 01:19 AM
I like to dip my grilled cheese sandwhiches in maple syrup. :) And I also put kechup, ketsup, ket.... (OMG how do you spell it?!?) in my cottage cheese. With salt and pepper.

Cincy'sMom
05-27-2003, 05:25 AM
Grilled cheese and Peanut Butter

Grilled hot dog, coleslaw on top, finished with shredded cheese

One of my softball coaches in high school used to always get Dr. pepper with Chocalate ice cream. I always thought that sounded weird.

Chinadoll
05-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Glad i'm not the only one with *unique* food ideas. I tend toward anything sweet...
For Breakfast...I not only put syrup on pancakes but also on bacon and sausage....of course, this is when I actually eat breakfast.
I like mac & cheese with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top.
Ranch pasta salad with a little bar-b-que sauce added.
And instaed of caramel popcorn. Popcorn with butter and sugar on it.

oh...anybody else dip fries in a Wendy's Frosty?

It's a wonder I'm not a diabetic yet. *knocks on wood*

Freckles
05-27-2003, 09:54 AM
Liberally coat one side of two slices white bread. Add dill pickle slices. Slap together and enjoy!:D

shais_mom
05-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
Glad i'm not the only one with *unique* food ideas. I tend toward anything sweet...
For Breakfast...I not only put syrup on pancakes but also on bacon and sausage....of course, this is when I actually eat breakfast.

OMG!
I do this too!
But I like a sunny side up egg on my pancake with maple syrup.
And when I was a kid I used to dip the fries in the frosty, but I haven't done that in YEARS!
Totally forgot about it!

Chinadoll
05-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
OMG!
I do this too!
But I like a sunny side up egg on my pancake with maple syrup.
And when I was a kid I used to dip the fries in the frosty, but I haven't done that in YEARS!
Totally forgot about it!

I'm not alone! :D lol It's almost lunch...and fries and a frosty sound good. My doctor would have a fit if he knew some of the junk I eat. :p

AdoreMyDogs
05-27-2003, 12:00 PM
:eek: :eek: I guess I am one of the odd balls who cringes at the thought of those food combos....wow. Haha.

It's not a food combo but it's disgusting none the less...when I was a kid I used to drink the jar of dill pickle juice after all the pickles were gone :o It makes me sick thinking about it now! I guess I am not big on mixing foods, but it's interesting reading about all of the combos you like to mix :)

apcrs5122
05-27-2003, 12:15 PM

I do this too! I love it. right now that sounds pretty good!

:cool:

Cincy'sMom
05-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Liberally coat one side of two slices white bread. Add dill pickle slices. Slap together and enjoy!:D

PB is so versitile!! It is great with pickles, lettuce, hot dogs, cheese, bananas, celery, carrots, potaot chips, pretzles, chocolate, bolgona, ice cream....

I for got about fries in a frosty. I used to love that!!!

I also put syrup on my sausage at breakfast time..guess I didn't relly think about that being too weird, since the syrup often runs over from pancakes anyway :)

Andie
05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Choc. Quik sprinkled over buttered popcorn.

aly
05-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Don't worry Leslie, a lot of these combos have made me lose my appetite too :D

I LOVE mixing food but some of you guys must have broken taste buds by the stuff you eat!! :D :D Just Kidding! But I'll pass on the pickles and peanut butter :p

Last night I had my whole dinner in one bowl - lasagna, salad, italian dressing, and baby carrots.... mmmmm

Cheshirekatt
05-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by aly
Last night I had my whole dinner in one bowl - lasagna, salad, italian dressing, and baby carrots.... mmmmm

See now that would drive me crazy because I'm a freak and can't have my foods touching each other unless they're made that way! :p And I also each all of one thing before I start on something else. hehe

micki76
05-27-2003, 07:13 PM
I dip my french fries in mustard and tortilla chips in ranch (of course anything can be dipped in or slathered with ranch), and my ex-husband used to like peanut butter and mayonnaise sanwiches. :eek: It was so gross, when he was running late for class I'd have to make those disgusting sandwiches for him. YUCK

Rachel
05-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
PB is so versitile!! It is great with pickles, lettuce, hot dogs, cheese, bananas, celery, carrots, potaot chips, pretzles, chocolate, bolgona, ice cream....

You forgot apples. A nice glob of chunky PB on an apple slice is my favorite.

Does anybody else like to pour cold coffee on their vanilla ice cream?

lizbud
05-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Rachel,

No I drink the coffee (even cold) Love it. :D My fav snack is
wheat toast with peanut butter & sliced bananas. Yum.

Cheshirekatt,

I had a younger brother who felt the same way about foods
that touched on the plate.:rolleyes: For me, it was o.k. In fact
peas & carrots went down so much better when mixed with
mashed potatoes & gravy. Double Yum. :)

tomkatzid
05-27-2003, 11:02 PM
ranch dressing on baked potatoes
butter in tomato soup
sugar in mac and cheese
jam or jelly on ice cream
mayo on hot dogs, my husband can't stand it when I do this one:confused:

NoahsMommy
05-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Well...I was hungry, until I read THIS thread!!! ;)

*Naomi has introduced me to pickles, apples and cheese...all together. (YUMMY!!!)

*LOVE dipping my fries in my Wendy's frosty

*French fries dipped in mustard

*Eggo waffles with melted chocolate chips...

*Rice cakes with cream cheese

wolf_Q
05-28-2003, 12:01 AM
I put butter in tomato soup too........well, macaroni and tomato soup, basically the same just with noodles.

I also dip pizza in ranch, and toasted cheese sandwhiches in pink sauce.

Not really a food combination, but there's been a topic of baby food in a chat tonight, and I *love* baby food meat sticks. MMmmm. The baby food cookies aren't half bad either. :o

NoahsMommy
05-28-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Not really a food combination, but there's been a topic of baby food in a chat tonight, and I *love* baby food meat sticks. MMmmm. The baby food cookies aren't half bad either. :o
OK, I'll try them!!!! ;)

I love "Gerber Graduates" fruit snacks. YUMMY!!!

shais_mom
05-28-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
:eek: :eek: I guess I am one of the odd balls who cringes at the thought of those food combos....wow. Haha.

It's not a food combo but it's disgusting none the less...when I was a kid I used to drink the jar of dill pickle juice after all the pickles were gone :o It makes me sick thinking about it now! I guess I am not big on mixing foods, but it's interesting reading about all of the combos you like to mix :)
Actaully Leslie, one nite at work I had a stomachache for like 2 -3 days, and one of the girls from work said I needed Dill pickle juice. I was like excuse me, she said that one of her coworkers told her to drink that when she had a belly ache and she did and it worked. I never did it, couldn't bring myself to it but I did have a craving for dill pickle wraps for about 2 1/2 weeks and I ate them every nite!

kingrattus
05-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Eggo waffles with melted chocolate chips
========
they sell those in stores

I also love
-fries & mustard

-cold coffee & ice cream- I don't have it with ice cream, but at second cup I buy chillataie (something like that), I get the vanilla bean one & its cold coffee with crushed ice, its great!!!

-mmmmmm pickle juice & pickled egg juice, I get sooo darn sick off of it, but I love it way too much :D

-dip pizza in ranch- at pizza pizza u can get garlic dipping sause & its to die for, I eat a hole dipping container with 3 slices of pizza

-butter in tomato soup is good mmmmmm.. I always load butter on my crackers & drown them in the soup

-toast with peanut butter & sliced bananas is good mmmmmm.. rob likes it with hunny

-I hate mayo or anything like it, but a little bit on a tomato sandwich is great & thats it

-I hate eating fish (I don't like eating pets or babies), but I'll eat canned salmon sandwiches dipped/drowned in tomato soup

babolaypo65
05-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Frosty fries. mmmmmm.

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
*LOVE dipping my fries in my Wendy's frosty

Desert Arabian
05-28-2003, 10:41 PM
I am not too sure if these are "strange" combos or not!?!?! But not to many people (where I live) I know do this.

French fries dipped/smothered in nacho cheese
Onion rings dipped in ranch dressing
Chicken strips dipped in ranch dressing
Peanut butter cookies covered in melted Hershey bars
Doughnuts/brownies with orange juice (drink it)

...I used to love ketchup on my mac n cheese, but as I got older, it tasted really nasty. :p

Crikit
05-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
u better pray I don't win the lotto, first I gotta figure out how to play & get $ to buy one, but when I do, I'll fly west & beat u with a brick of real cheese!! what u say about that cheese hater, hmm hmm hmm??? :D

I am not scared of your cheese, it is only cheese it can not hurt me...well okay it probably could but still I'm not scared of it. I will laugh in the face of your cheese and then promptly feed it to my dogs :D

Grilled cheese (kraft singles only...mmmm one molecule away from plastic) and tomato soup to dip it in...either that or toasted bologna, and lettuce sandwich with chicken noodle soup.

Cheshirekatt
05-29-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Crikit
I am not scared of your cheese, it is only cheese it can not hurt me...well okay it probably could but still I'm not scared of it. I will laugh in the face of your cheese and then promptly feed it to my dogs :D

Grilled cheese (kraft singles only...mmmm one molecule away from plastic) and tomato soup to dip it in...either that or toasted bologna, and lettuce sandwich with chicken noodle soup.

I'm right with you on the cheese thing! I don't like real cheese, only the processed/fake stuff. And Velveeta is the best! I also like to dip mine is tomato soup.

Dakota's Mommy
05-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Okay, I'm not one for crazy food combos! I know lots of people who love fries with frosties! Me, like I said, I'm way too picky for half of that food let alone mixed with stuff I like, just ask my mother!

Cincy'sMom
05-29-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
Okay, I'm not one for crazy food combos! I know lots of people who love fries with frosties! Me, like I said, I'm way too picky for half of that food let alone mixed with stuff I like, just ask my mother!

We'll see if that changes;)

aly
05-29-2003, 05:11 PM
I love chunky peanut butter on apples too. I eat that as a snack all the time.

Amy, I meant to ask you this in the chat the other night, but what is pink sauce????

micki76
05-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
We'll see if that changes;)

Hmmmm. Me thinks I unner stand that one!! Hee Hee. :D Is there a little secret 'tween the sisters?

tomkatzid
05-29-2003, 06:53 PM
I just ate cherry pie with strawberry ice cream.

wolflady
05-29-2003, 09:34 PM
LOL LOL Some very interesting combos here!
I like just about anything if there is cheese involved.

I love french fries dipped in ranch or mayo or cheese(depending on my mood)

Cottage cheese and potato chips!

Mac-n-cheese with hot sauce!

Yum! Pizza dipped in ranch sounds good right about now...:)

aly
05-29-2003, 11:52 PM
I think you just taught me a new thing. Cottage cheese and potato chips sounds REALLY GOOD!!!

Rachel
05-31-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
In fact
peas & carrots went down so much better when mixed with
mashed potatoes & gravy. Double Yum. :)

Oh, Liz, now you are making me hungry.

RubyMutt
05-31-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll

YES! That is the only way I eat them! Soooo good :D

RubyMutt
05-31-2003, 04:59 PM
I just thought of something else I love!

plain rice with ranch dressing! I don't know how strange that is, but I LOVE it! :D

Cincy'sMom
05-31-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by aly
I think you just taught me a new thing. Cottage cheese and potato chips sounds REALLY GOOD!!!

I forgot about that combo! Cottage cheese is another versitle one...potato chips, pretzels, fruit, in spaghetti, with tomatoes....

wolfsoul
05-31-2003, 05:14 PM
Mozzarella cheese and spaghetti sauce...mmmmm....:p

NoahsMommy
05-31-2003, 08:06 PM
I thought of another one.....fried mozzarella sticks dipped in bleu cheese dressing....yummy!!!! :) :D

Uabassoon
06-01-2003, 08:54 AM
I also love my fries dipped in Frosties and soft serve ice cream.

Cheshirekatt
06-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Ummmm...I forgot that I LOVE fresh pineapple sprinkled with chili powder. :)

Crikit
06-01-2003, 10:05 AM
When I was younger I used to like to eat whipped cream and chocolate chip pizza...it was a whole mutant turtle influence thing

RubyMutt
06-01-2003, 11:19 AM
I was searching for recipes on how to cook an eggplant (I wanted something other then the ever popular eggplant parmigiana). I found one where you fried the eggplant in a batter made of pretty much just egg & sugar then when it was done you sprinkled powdered sugar on top. I thought that seemed like a weird combo... Eggplant & sugar! But I made it and it was delicious!! Even my eggplant-hating parents like it! :)

shais_mom
06-01-2003, 10:27 PM
I love Ranch dressing and pizza! or chunky blue cheese! yummy!

Also!
Ranch dressing and cheese! I always eat this if people have veggie trays and cheese trays.

I love cottage cheese with lots of black pepper. Plain/with tomatoes....
I remember seeing my mom put peanut butter on a baked potatoe once. bleck

I read in my "Taste of Home" magazine a lady sent in a tip, to spread a thin layer of peanut butter on your bacon, lettuce and tomatoe, and mayo sandwhiches. Not sure if I like the sounds of that. :confused:

Cookiebaker
06-02-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

I read in my "Taste of Home" magazine a lady sent in a tip, to spread a thin layer of peanut butter on your bacon, lettuce and tomatoe, and mayo sandwhiches. Not sure if I like the sounds of that. :confused:

Ewww! I read the same exact thing. No, this isn't something I'm gonna go out on a limb on. YUK!