PDA

View Full Version : Look where I stayed last night

Uabassoon
05-25-2003, 01:52 PM
I know this is kind of random, but I had so much fun that I wanted to share. There is a hotel in Tucson that I've always wanted to stay at, because it's historic and it's supposed to be really beautiful inside. My favorite bar is also part of the hotel, so everytime I'm at the bar I always look in the lobby and think someday I'm going to stay here. But I could never really bring myself to spend the money on getting a hotel when my house is just a few miles away.

Well last night I went out with my friends and they said they were going to buy me drinks for my birthday, and I said I can't have more than one or two because I have to drive. But she said don't worry, then my friend opened up her purse and handed me a key! I was so excited. The room was beautiful, very simple, no tv, but a cute transitor radio instead. The people were so friendly. I walked up the stairs and there was a lounge with one of those large older model tv's. The people in the lounge waved and said hello to me as I walked up the stairs. I met a newlywed couple and some of their friends. In the morning I opened up the window and had a great view of downtown Tucson. When I was leaving I saw the cutest Rottie mix running up the stairs, he came up to me and was so happy it really made my day. Here are a few pics of the hotel.

http://www.hotcong.com/images/pix/rooms2.jpg

http://www.hotcong.com/images/pix/rooms3.jpg

aly
05-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Thats cool! What a thoughtful present :) Any hotel with Rotties running around gets my full approval :D

zippy-kat
05-25-2003, 03:07 PM
How fun and sweet of your friends!

Glad you enjoyed your stay! :)

babolaypo65
05-25-2003, 03:28 PM
What fun!!! You have good friends.

Karen
05-25-2003, 04:00 PM
I agree - great friends, fun way to celebrate, and a Rottie puppy greeter, too! What a great way to celebrate a birthday!

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm glad you had a great time. That was a very nice present from your friends. :)

Cataholic
05-25-2003, 07:17 PM
That was a very special gift, wasn't it?

marysmerrycats
05-26-2003, 04:24 AM
wow, that was a very thoughtful birthday present!

lynnestankard
05-26-2003, 06:09 AM
What wonderful friends - such a great gift for a great person.
Belated Happy Birthday wishes.

Lynne