PDA

View Full Version : My cats are all standing in the unemployment line!!!

moosmom
05-25-2003, 07:31 AM
I was cleaning my cabinet out yesterday and noticed "mouse droppings" EEEEEEEEWWWWW!!! I've fired all my cats for not doing their jobs!

They're now picketing in the kitchen, the lil ingreats!!!

AngelZoo
05-25-2003, 07:34 AM
Ewww, I'm glad my current cats don't have any mice to catch, lord knows what some of those mice or posioned with, or what desease they have.

We used to have mice growing up, and I would help keep my cats away from mice that wandered into my house, I would try to scare them back from where ever they came.

PayItForward
05-25-2003, 07:45 AM
I would say that you have got either very brave or very stupid mices, seeing as they choose to enter a house with seven cats in it !!!

boscibo
05-25-2003, 11:30 AM
When I lived in the country I had mice in my cabinets - I found droppings and chewed paper. I had noticed my 4 cats (including Sammy - the cat who came with the house, and was an awesome hunter) staring at the cabinets.

The problem was, the cats couldn't get inside the cabinets without a little help from me. I left all the doors open one night, and was rewarded with a dead mouse the next morning. Gross, yes, but no grosser than mice in the cabinets! Eventually they got them all, and we found where the mice were coming in - we had one of those in-counter Jenn-Air stoves, and the mice were coming in through the stove venting.

Randi
05-25-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward
I would say that you have got either very brave or very stupid mices, seeing as they choose to enter a house with seven cats in it !!!
LOL! Yes they are, but your cats may gang up on them and get one for you sooner or later. :D

I hope you get rid of them! :)

moosmom
05-25-2003, 01:59 PM
boscibo,

Hmmmm, I think I'm gonna try it!! I just empty the cabinets and leave the doors open.

I talked with my landlord and he wanted to get some mouse poison. I told him absolutely not!! I'm going to get a couple of traps this week and see how I make out.

Eeeeeeewww!! Just the thought makes me shiver!!

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Yuck!!!:eek: I sure hope this works and you're able to get rid of all the mice.

Miss Meow
05-25-2003, 06:12 PM
No treats until they've sorted out those cheeky mice!

babolaypo65
05-25-2003, 06:15 PM
LOL. I was lucky. my resident mouse voluntarily relocated about one day after clive moved in. havent seen one since, which is good because the mouse made my pup very nervous. He would stay up nights like a sentry. Just staring and waiting for the mouse to come around. Then cry and bark when he did. Glad that's over!

Cataholic
05-25-2003, 08:49 PM
YUCKY! Bad enough Dakky, the killer kitty, goes after the PYTHONS in my backyard!!! Mice, YUCK.

lailamara
05-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
YUCKY! Bad enough Dakky, the killer kitty, goes after the PYTHONS in my backyard!!! Mice, YUCK.

Explain please the Pythons in the backyard !!!Where do you live !!!! Brave kitty!

popcornbird
05-26-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
boscibo,

Hmmmm, I think I'm gonna try it!! I just empty the cabinets and leave the doors open.

I talked with my landlord and he wanted to get some mouse poison. I told him absolutely not!! I'm going to get a couple of traps this week and see how I make out.

Eeeeeeewww!! Just the thought makes me shiver!!

We had a mouse invade our house several months back. What we did was got a rodent/pest repeller for every room. It plugs in the outle and make a sound (that we can't hear but for the mice, its a hammering noise) that scares the rodents away. It does not bother cats, dogs, birds, or most other pets, so as long as you don't have pet rodents, its completely safe to use, and it WORKS! We put them in, and in 2 days the mouse was GONE! :D Glad we didn't have to kill him, although we got tons of traps and that mouse didn't touch ANY, plus it was hard because we had to keep the birds locked in the cage so that they wouldn't touch the traps. I can't imagine who would pick it up if he got caught, but thank God the repellers got rid of him. :) Once he was gone, we called the *mouse guy* and he came and closed the hole under the sink that the stupid mouse made to get in. :rolleyes:

BTW, the rodent/pest repeller thing scares away spiders and other insects away too. We still have them plugged in, and haven't seen a spider in months! :D

IttyBittyKitty
05-26-2003, 06:24 AM
I am sending Whiskey your way! No, not the drink, but my furrbaby who lives with my Mum interstate. She is the ULTIMATE mouse and rat catcher. Yes, she catches RATS even though she's not all that much bigger than a rat herself, being about the size of a six month old kitten (she's six years old).

No mouse will dare to live in your house after she's been through and she'll teach those kitties of yours some tricks of the trade :)

catmandu
05-26-2003, 09:45 AM
I wish that I could send to you Princess and Micheal two of the best mousers who ever chased a mouse!When I moved into my home , it was emoty for a while , so thus had a mouse colony, but those two and mr.Scrappy and neighborhood stray , soon cleaned that up , fast!Its a good thing Mighty Mouse wasnt around!

moosmom
05-26-2003, 01:25 PM
I forgot about the plug-in rodent repeller. I bought 2 from QVC and they worked in my old apartment. I gave them to my best friend because she had a mouse problem. I'm going to see if she'll send me one.

ramanth
05-27-2003, 09:36 AM
I hope your kitties are getting unemployment pay. ;) :D

Did your kitties get him?

Logan
05-27-2003, 10:08 AM
So far (knock on wood), if there is a critter in this house, it is only there because Butter decided to bring it inside with him so he could chase it!! :eek:

This past weekend, my mother in law (my NEW mother in law) visited us for the first time. She reported to me, yesterday, that she saw Butter carrying "somebody" across the driveway! He is an excellent hunter, and thankfully, I don't have any mice or rodents in or around my house because of him!!! :)

shais_mom
05-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Good Luck! and

eeeeeewwwwwww yuck~
I have a feeling Kylie would be fired also!

moosmom
05-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Kim,

No they haven't caught it yet. My friend is sending me back the electronic rodent repellars in the mail. That just might do the trick!