PDA

View Full Version : strep throat

wolfsoul
05-25-2003, 01:51 AM
I know that this sounds stupid, but does anyone have any tricks to make your throat stop hurting, or give your immunity that last boost so you get strep throat?

I don't want strep throat :( The last thing I need is my rats getting sick cuz of me :eek:

Please pray that I don't come down with it, and please give me some advice to make the hurt go away!

popcornbird
05-25-2003, 02:01 AM
When my throat hurts, I heat a cup of water in the microwave and mix 2 tsp honey and 1 tsp lemon juice in it. It really helps.

You can also try just eating a spoon of honey several times a day.

CamCamPup33
05-25-2003, 08:33 AM
ive had strep so many times! i hated it.. okay sorry this isnt helping you.. i say do the same thing PCB said.. thats what really helped me or a glass of hot tea.. Hope you feel better! :(

smokey the elder
05-25-2003, 08:54 AM
My mom had me gargle with salt water. It sounds vile but it's not as bad as you might think. Just rinse really well. The high salinity keeps bugs from growing.

RubyMutt
05-25-2003, 09:41 AM
My mom used to make me gargle salt water also.... ICK ICK ICK... although, it does help... I also drink tea or coffee, it's so soothing

Although, I'm pretty sure neither of those things make you "immune" to getting sick. Try taking some Echinacea vitamens - they work wonders :D

wolfsoul
05-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys! :D I never even thought of salt water -duh- I'm an idiot, lol. I HATE it, and I take any measure to stay away from it, but I don't want me rats to get sick so I'll do it lol. I don't have any honey unfortunatly, but I have tea! :D

My lymph nodes aren't swollen, which is a good sign, because they will be swollen weeks or days before something goes wrong. sort of a helpful but hurtful sign..