PDA

View Full Version : Dill Pickles

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Has anyone tried the new Lay's chips flavor? It's dill pickles. It's not all that bad. :D

Crikit
05-24-2003, 11:40 PM
New flavour? that's been out for ages...well at least in Canada but we have some different chip flavours here like Ketchup and all dressed so maybe it is new in the states..but no I haven't tried them. Pickles are evil.

binka_nugget
05-25-2003, 12:09 AM
yep..they've been in this area for a while..i'm not fond of pickles but they're alright

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-25-2003, 12:22 AM
lol, I feel retarded now. They just came out over here?

lol@pickles are evil.

moosmom
05-25-2003, 07:09 AM
lol@pickles are evil.

Hey, Anna Nicole Smith takes pickles VERY seriously! ;)

Cincy'sMom
05-25-2003, 07:20 AM
Dill pickles chips may be new to Lay's (here) but I think it is Snyder's that has had them out inthe US for along time!

Has anyone in Canada seen or tried the Mint Sprite? I heard that was coming out there in April.

wolf_Q
05-25-2003, 10:11 AM
Mint Sprite? Did you mean the Sprite Remix? It's all over the place here right now....I think it's nasty. :o

The Old Dutch Dill Pickle chips are the BEST!! :D The Ketchup ones are great too! I Nomilynn send me some from Canada...good stuff! I wish Old Dutch made chips here!

I tried the Lays ones a while back, we don't currently have them here though. They were good...well, at least I thought so...;) I love pickles...mmm....Baby Dills.

I tried some Kettle Cooked Dill Pickle chips here a few days ago (not sure of the brand) and they were kind of gross.

Crikit
05-25-2003, 10:14 AM
I've seen the mint sprite but I haven't tried it. I'm not much of a sprite drinker, I'll probably try it one day however just to see what it's like which is what I usually do with all the new pops. Except vanilla coke that is, I much prefer cherry which is hard to find here.

and I know really want some ketchup chips...mmmm either that or sour cream and onion chips double mmmmm.

I know there's some chocolate bars that you guys can't get in the states but I can't remember what ones they are.

Miss Meow
05-25-2003, 04:46 PM
I love those evil dill pickles ;) We don't have any chips in dill pickle flavour, must start petitioning Lay's right now!

Crikit
05-25-2003, 04:52 PM
It's not just the dill pickles that are evil it's all pickles that are evil, it's one of my many off the wall conspiracy theroies...er, most of which that involve barn yard animals taking over the world.

Miss Meow
05-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Any barnyard animals in particular, or are you still working on that part of your theory? How do pickles work themselves into this theory? What else is evil? You really could be onto something here! :)

kingrattus
05-25-2003, 09:14 PM
mint sprite ooo I wanna try it!!!
Blue pepsi was really gross, it didn't taste like there was any pepsi in it al all, but the vanilla coke is AWESOME!!! & cherry pepsi is good too. oh & can't forget lemon pepsi.

u guys just got dill pickle? HAHHAHAHAHA, u guys must like in an ice age or something. I thought Canada was last for everything. but Dill come on, r u really sure its new?? This bag of dill has been slowly getting lower for the past 2 weeks.. & yes its taking me over 2 weeks to eat a bag of chips... heheheh

kingrattus
05-25-2003, 09:19 PM
hehehe, I just read my bag of Lay's & its Canadain... hehehe... YA!!! the land of the snow pwople Made something really good :) xoxoxo.. well that explanes all the hockey commercials on Lay's chips... heheh

Crikit
05-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Any barnyard animals in particular, or are you still working on that part of your theory? How do pickles work themselves into this theory? What else is evil? You really could be onto something here! :)

Yes actually it's the cows and pigs, they aren't as dumb as they seem. They've actually been in cahots for ages, and have recently gotten the chickens to join in their evil plan for world domination. But alas the barnyard animals aren't working on their own oh no they aren't. They're in league with the monkeys who of course get they're orders from Ogopogo.

iceyshiver21
05-25-2003, 11:15 PM
Pickles??? did somebody say pickles?? YUM!!

Crikit
05-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Oh forgot to mention why pickles are evil and how they work in to the plan...well think about it picles at one point in time used to be yummy cucumbers but then somebody (I'm thinking it was the cows...or maybe it was some goats) had the idea to brine them and well thus making them evil. Okay so the pickle theroy still needs work.

Miss Meow
05-25-2003, 11:56 PM
It's a much more clever theory than the usual CIA runs the world theories.

I think the goats would pickle the cucumbers. If you look a goat in the eye, you'd see it was capable of such trickery ...

Crikit
05-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Well I've always been one to think outside the box. I mean yeah sure the CIA might be involved some how but I doubt that they are as powerful as the cows, pigs, monkeys and Ogopogo. After all there are more barnyard animals then there are CIA agents.

Kfamr
05-26-2003, 12:17 AM
i've seen the chips for a while but mmmmm regular dill pickles! i like the extra sour ones!!

binka_nugget
05-26-2003, 02:23 AM
EW mint sprint *cringes*...I've unfortunately tried that. GROSS. Well...that's my opinion anyway. I'm a HUGE pop drinker. I'm not a sprite drinker...but definately not a mint sprite drinker as of now. I just LOOOOVE COKE! haha...I have an addiction alot of my friends say. I don't like vanilla coke though..I'm not a vanilla person. My all time favourite though...is FRESCA!!! mmm mmm..

lynnestankard
05-26-2003, 06:14 AM
I just adore dill pickles - any chance you can get 'em to ship these crisps (chips) over to England?!!

Lynne

IttyBittyKitty
05-26-2003, 06:33 AM
YUM!!!!!

Miss Meow, I agree, we also need pickle flavoured chippies in the land of oz. We do have our own weirdo flavours - have you seen the new ketchup Smiths? Or cheddar cheese? OR HAM AND MUSTARD? Weirdddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I just adore dill pickles - any chance you can get 'em to ship these crisps (chips) over to England?!!

Lynne

Gimme your address and I'll send a couple of bags right over! lol

Cincy'sMom
05-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Mint Sprite? Did you mean the Sprite Remix? It's all over the place here right now....I think it's nasty. :o

Nope, Spite Remix is tropical and is here too. But in a trade magazine I was looking at at work they showed Spite Ice, which is Mint flavored and right now only available in Canada and Belgium.

Miss Meow
05-26-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
YUM!!!!!

Miss Meow, I agree, we also need pickle flavoured chippies in the land of oz. We do have our own weirdo flavours - have you seen the new ketchup Smiths? Or cheddar cheese? OR HAM AND MUSTARD? Weirdddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

I've tried the cheddar cheese, but didn't like them. Too powdery - like mouldy Cheezels for want of a better description!

There's an American food store in Elsternwick (up the road from me) - I might ring them and order a box of the pickle chips :)

kingrattus
05-26-2003, 08:08 PM
Nope, Spite Remix is tropical and is here too. But in a trade magazine I was looking at at work they showed Spite Ice, which is Mint flavored and right now only available in Canada and Belgium.
==============
No body I know here has ever heard of it... r u sure its in Canada?

Miss Meow
05-26-2003, 10:22 PM
I tried www.usafoods.com.au and asked if they could get some pickle chips. They directed me to their FAQ. Here are some selected highlights ...

If you're in the USA and want a laugh, check out how much your everyday items cost over here!!!

SPECIAL ORDERS: We will no longer take any special orders. We simply do not have the room on the containers for one box of this or one box of that. We do like your suggestions and we do try to keep a range of stock in store, but simply cannot keep everyone's favourite item in stock.

MEAT AND DAIRY: We are not allowed to import any meat, poultry or dairy (milk, egg or cheese) products into Australia. If an item has more than 10% dairy or 5% meat it requires a permit. To obtain a permit is almost impossible if the manufacturers do not wish to work with you. Products like Butter Buds, Molly McButter, Corn Beef Hash, Velvetta, Cool Whip do not meet the standards. We have obtained the information required for some salad dressings and mayonaise. Please do not attempt to bring these products back into the country. If you declare them they will be confiscated. If you do not declare them and they are found you will face a hefty fine.

BIG RED GUM: This item contains a banned substance called BHT. This ingredient promotes asthma in some people. Wrigleys has asked us not to bring this product over and we have given our word not to import it. Hey their lawyers make more than ours does do! Please contact Wrigley's directly should you have any questions. We carry Cinnaburst, Dentyne and Freshen up - all cinnamon guns. Try one! I might add that you can try to bring some back for personal use only, but you do so at your own risk.

FROZEN AND REFRIGERATED PRODUCTS: At present we have no plans to import these products. The shipping is different and very expensive.

TWINKIES, DRAKES CAKES, DING DONGS, POTATO CHIPS AND OTHER SHORT -TERM SHELF LIFE PRODUCTS: We will not be importing these items. By the time they arrive, they would be past the used by dates. We could not sell them for the amount needed to make a profit. The only exception to this is Fritos - because we all know that they are still good months after the expiry date. Also a few seconds in the microwave refries them!

PICKLES: Pickles require 3 different and very expensive tests. The amount of the tests exceeds the cost of the goods.

SUNFLOWER SEEDS: This product requires a quarantine review. Since they hold the container up we will only import them several times a year. If you require a large order, than please contact us to discuss.

HIGH RISK FOODS: Popcorn and coconut products are just a few of the high-risk foods. The container would be held up and we have decided not to import these products.

Crikit
05-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Sprite Ice is in Canada...well it's in Alberta at least. I saw it in the store the other day, next to the tropical sprite.

kingrattus
05-26-2003, 10:29 PM
wow, talk about strict.. but I guess they have good reasons :)

kingrattus
05-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Crikit u gotta send me a bottle... heheheh