PDA

View Full Version : new kitty Romeo is sick!

Lorraine
05-24-2003, 10:18 PM
I had adopted little Romeo 1 week ago today, he was doing absolutley wonderful, until Wednesday, when he got a bit of diarreah. I though maybe it ws because I was trying to switch him over to a new food, and his tummy was just a little upset, because he was acting fine, acting silly, and frisky like a kitty should. On Thursday, the diarreah got a little worse, but again, he was acting fine, eating, drinking, and playing, so I went to work, then mymom went to check on him, and she called me to tell me that Romeo was doing just awful, very listless, and mopey.:( so of course, I freaked out, called the vet, told my boss, then flew, to pick Romeo up, and take him to the vet. Romeo had a fever, and "coccidia", evedientley real bad, to the point were he was literally leaking his little messes out of himself:( The vet gave him medicine called "analon" and I'm supposed to give it for 10 days, and also give him vitamins, and feed him baby food to get him some nourishment quickly. I was soooo upset. He has only had 2 doses of his meds, so of course, he's really not better yet. I bought the little kitty baby wipes to clean his tush, and I have to trim the little mats off his backside also. I'm just a mess with worry. I want him to be O.k. anyone else dealt with this before? Thanks for listening! any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2003, 10:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Romeo is so sick. :( When I adopted Storm from the Humane Society he had a bad case of an URI and some other things as well. One was coccidia. He wasn't having diarrhea like your Romeo but he did have blood in his stool. I gave him his meds and he made a full recovery. He's now a very happy and healthy 7 year old. I'm sure that with the meds and your great care that Romeo will be back to normal in no time. Prayers are on the way for a full and speedy recovery. Please take care.

Randi
05-25-2003, 07:05 AM
Poor little Romeo. :( I hope the the medicine will work and he'll back in good shape very soon!

Best of luck! :)

moosmom
05-25-2003, 07:17 AM
Lorraine,

I'm sorry to hear about Romeo. Unfortunately, shelter cats always have something wrong with them, be it URI, earmites, ringworm, fleas, worms, you name it!!

I'm glad you got him to the vet when you did. Coccidia is no laughing matter and can kill a kitten in a matter of days if it's not treated. If you have any other cats, it's best to keep him totally isolated till he gets better.

Prayers coming your way! Keep us posted.

PayItForward
05-25-2003, 07:44 AM
All the best with little Romeo. Get well soon.

ChrisH
05-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Poor little Romeo :( get well soon sweetie.

Please keep us posted on how he`s doing.

kimlovescats
05-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Poor Romeo, poor you! Just be sure to give him all of his meds and be sure he eats something, even if you have to force-feed him! Prayers are with you both ... please keep us updated!

Steffi N
05-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Little Romeo, please get well soon.

Miss Meow
05-25-2003, 06:08 PM
Good for you for getting him to the vet quickly. Sending good wishes that he recovers soon :)

carole
05-25-2003, 09:26 PM
My thoughts are with you, i do hope your little Romeo recovers real soon, its a tough time for you worrying about him, take care and keep us updated, wishing you the best of luck, hugs little ROMEO .

rg_girlca
05-25-2003, 10:18 PM
My prayers are on the way for your little Romeo. Like others have said, it is a good thing you got him to the vet when you did. Hugs and kisses for your little guy, and a big hug for you to get you through these trying times.