PDA

View Full Version : dog haters....

lovemyshiba
05-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Eeeew--my husband's friend is coming over to see our house, and he is bringing his stupid girlfriend with him--she hates dogs --actually, she hates ALL pets, she thinks they are dirty:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They want us to put the dogs downstairs when they come--I don't think so:mad: :mad: :mad:

Just had to vent--I didn't like her much before, and when I found out that she was a dog hater, that sealed the deal---they are going to be here soon--behave Emily, watch your mouth, don't be a smartass:p
...this could be tough

Kfamr
05-24-2003, 10:03 PM
I'd tell her straight up - Don't like MY family [animals] then you are NOT welcome in OUR home.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Aspen and Misty
05-24-2003, 10:05 PM
O man that stinks! I think your wonderufl dogs can change any one's mind on dogs.

Be good now, try nto to kill anyone, LOL. I know I would haev to at least ring her by the neck once or twice.

Ash

lovemyshiba
05-24-2003, 10:05 PM
She is NOT welcome here--I have told her that before (in our apartment at least)--I don't know why in the heck he wouldn't just stop by by himself--she's going to screech and hide in the corner the whole time anyway

I think I may take them all for a LONG walk as soon as they pull in the driveway--after I let them all jump on her and lick her face that is---and not come back until their car is gone.

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-24-2003, 10:07 PM
UMMMM! I think Emily did tell her that before!

Well, Em, how did it go? If I know you, the dogs stayed upstairs.

Hope you watched your mouth!!!:D :D :D :) :D

But I agree she should have stayed home and let her boyfriend come over alone!!

Crikit
05-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Here Emily show her this. it's something one of my friends sent me by email.

Notice to People That Visit Our Home
1. The dog lives here. You don't.

2. If you don't want the dog to be near you, stay off the furniture.

3. Yes, he has some disgusting habits. So do I and so do you. What's your point?

4. OF COURSE he smells like a dog.

5. It's his nature to try to sniff your crotch. Please feel free to sniff his.

6. I like him a lot better than I like most people.

7. To you he's a dog. To me he's an adopted son who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly. I have no problem with any of these things.

8. Dogs are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about whether they have the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for university, and if they get pregnant you can sell the pups.

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Crikit!

That is great!:)

Mind if I borrow It???:)

lovemyshiba
05-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Lisa--they just got here--you know who it is don't you:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
hint--the season that follows winter, but is before summer:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I suppose I'll go show my face now

Crikit
05-24-2003, 10:20 PM
go right ahead Lisa

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Of course I remember who it is!!!!:) :D

That is why I said he should have come over by himself...he also knows that she doesn't like any dogs and it's not like you just got Kito, Abbey and Riley!

She has meet them before....she is just being ridiculus about the whole matter.
If she would only give them a chance (rather than stand in the corner and scream) she would learn to at least tollerate the dogs, if not fall in love with them, and your dogs would also just say Hi and then move on and ignore her. But standing in the corner and screaming doesn't make it any easier for the dogs!
:) :D
We always said she was weird!!!:rolleyes:

anna_66
05-24-2003, 10:37 PM
That's crazy, what's wrong with this girl:rolleyes:
Hope things go ok;)

binka_nugget
05-25-2003, 12:02 AM
i know this isn't the right thing to do..but if it was me, I'd "accidentally" let the dogs upstairs. Maybe even try to slip some of your dogs favourite treats in her pocket without her noticing lol..the dogs would be all over her. haha lmao

wolfsoul
05-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Well, I'm assuming it's over now, since it's 11:30 waaay over here :P

How'd it go? Man, I can't stand it when people hate pets...I mean, when people say that they don't want to touch my rats, I can understand that, because of all the stereotypes. But what stereotypes are there against my dogs??? Ok, german shepherd haha, I see that...but still...

Tina
05-25-2003, 08:49 AM
OMG!! I wouldn't let the woman in my house! That is just plain crazy for someone to come back when you told them they are not welcome:mad: I know I wouldn't put my dogs away for anyone! Anyways I know it is over with now. Hope everything went ok.

lovemyshiba
05-25-2003, 12:32 PM
They're gone--obviously. It was OK, Abbey and Kito played downstairs with Kongs--but they weren't blocked off or anything--they don't like her anyway, but Riley ran all over the house and jumped all over the place:p
I said hello, and that's about it.

kingrattus
05-25-2003, 12:46 PM
good boy Riley :D

micki76
05-25-2003, 07:35 PM
You know, I know that different people have different phobias, but I just don't trust people that don't like dogs. People like that honestly give me the willy's. I can understand pet spiders, or even pet snakes. Heck I can stretch my imagination and almost understand being scared of rats, but dogs? She must be seriously warped.

kingrattus
05-25-2003, 08:17 PM
my dads 2 bro's wives r both scared of dogs. One is more so scared oflarge dogs becaused she was horribly attacked when she was young. But she doesn't freak out, she just says she will stay away from the dog. Max was 100% welcomed to her place, but he had to stay in their nice big back yard. She stated he was a well behaved dog & quite good looking. But she couldn't go near him, which was ok with me, she was polite about it. She also became worried when it started to rain, she told us to put him in the heated garage & give him lots of blankets to lay on.

But my other aunt is a psycho!! She wouldn'tshut up the whole 2 hrs we were visiting for the first time in many yrs!!

DON'T TOUCH THE DOG HE'LL BITE U... AHHHHHHH HES RUNNING AROUND THE YARD SMELLING STUFF, WATCHOUT HES ATTACKING THE CHILDREN. CHILDREN COME IN THE HOUSE THAT DOG IS DEISEASED. AAAHHHHHHH HES RABBID, LOOK, HES FOAMING AT THE MOUTH. AHHHHHH HES ATTACKING ALL THE KIDS!! CHAIN HIM CHAIN HIM CHAIN HIM... AHHHHHHH.

It was the worst 2 hrs of my life, Max was only 6 mths old, & he was having a blast playing with her 2 kids. My uncle told her to shut up several times, & the kids were chasing the dog & the dog was only licking them. I hate people like my aunt, My dad refuses to go to their house at all, he hates her, & so does the rest of the family.. Look I'm Bev, I'm better then all of u, muhahahaha... what a nut :eek:

lovemyshiba
05-25-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by micki76
You know, I know that different people have different phobias, but I just don't trust people that don't like dogs. People like that honestly give me the willy's.

I feel exactly the same way.

Fuzzy317
05-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Here are a few quotes that were used in the Puzzle games.

"A dog will always go straight to the person in the room who doesn't like dogs!"

"I once decided not to date a girl because she wasn't excited to meet my dog. I mean, this was like not wanting to meet my mother."

(this phrase was originally about a guy not liking someone's dog, but I changed the gender for me to use in a puzzle)

shais_mom
05-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Sounds like you handled it well Emily.
She sounds like a real witch, your hubby's friend needs to dump her and find a nice girl!