PDA

View Full Version : teeeensy little problem...

spankyface21
05-24-2003, 08:35 PM
check it:

i have a small problem... my cat, Maggie, is a red-hot, crazy, playful little little being who is very... uhm, **special**. she enjoys company very much, but my father, who really hates animals, refuses to get another cat for her to play with. this causes her to be extremely lonely during the day when i'm at school and everyone else is at work. when we are home, she's either real distant, or she's all over us! and at night, she whines and whines and it drives everyone nuts!! is there anything we can do for the poor thing? i love her sooo much, and i hate to see her all lonely...

L. Wayne
05-25-2003, 02:59 AM
Spanky, how old is your kitty? If Maggie is under 6 months old, this form of behavior may be expected. Can you borrow another cat, and leave it with yours and then see how she reacts when everyone gets home? This would be one way of verifying your thinking. Otherwise, she will outgrow it.

jenluckenbach
05-25-2003, 06:16 AM
I too think she REALLY needs a play mate. Except for making sure she has a whole lot of toys to play with and giving her as much play time with you when you are home there is not much to do except accept her for who she is. (some cats are simply more active than others).

IttyBittyKitty
05-31-2003, 05:33 AM
While she's never distant, she's so playful and energetic that I just know that she'd love a playmate. However, our body corporate dictates that we are only allowed one animal per household, and they are such a bunch of sanctimonious old geezers that they treat their bylaws like they came down from on high.

What I find with Pixel, is that we play with her as much as possible when we are at home. This lets her have some fun, burn off some energy, and she does a lot of her sleeping during the day to compensate for our abscence. Make sure you give your baby as much attention as possible to keep her happy.