PDA

View Full Version : Can my week get any worse?

Dixie Belle
09-07-2001, 01:54 PM
First, my hampster, Anastasia, died Wed. night. She had been acting poorly, so we were kinda waiting for it.

I went to the doctor with what I thought was an ingrown toenail, and found out that I don't have one. However, the bone in my pinky toe is turned wrong, and they are going to have to cut open my toe and fix it. So I'll be home for three weeks with that.

I guess one good thing is that Dixie Belle came through her surgery just fine. She is already home, just not very happy about her new collar.

At this point, I am praying that NOTHING else will go wrong!!

Karen
09-07-2001, 02:14 PM
Well, Dixie did fine, and Anastasia will live on in your heart, right? And it is better to get that old toe-bone fixed NOW than be crippled by the pain and the arthritis that would surely accompany it when you are an old person, right? And I'm sure Dixie Belle will "help" you recover, as will Mama, by just being their furry selves!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-07-2001, 03:06 PM
Dixie Belle I think it must be just one of those days for you. Thankfully they don't happen too often. Sorry to hear about Anastasia, I know she will have a corner of your heart forever. So glad Dixie Belle is doing well and now you better get that toe fixed and Momma can nurse you back to good health. Just think positive thoughts.
Jackie :)

aly
09-07-2001, 04:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Anastasia :( It is so hard to lose our little furry ones. Just remember that she is in a good place, and will be waiting for you.

I am so glad Dixie Belle is through her surgery and I can't wait until she can take the collar off :)

I'm sorry about your toe. Hopefully that surgery won't be a big deal and you can rest up afterwards. Try not to stress yourself out. Just relax and take it easy for awhile.

zippy-kat
09-07-2001, 04:51 PM
I'm very sorry about the hammie. As Aly stated, just remember she is in a better place now.

I'm so glad that your dawgie's surgery went well. And I'll be praying for you and your surgery.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-07-2001, 06:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dear hamster. :( My hamster died, too. I'm also really sorry about your toe. :( But I'm really glad that Belle's sugerey went well! :) I also pray that nothing else will go wrong! Take care! :)

Daisy's Mom
09-07-2001, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry you're not having a good week :( But as I see it, when it gets really bad, it can only go up from there :)

I am very sorry about your sweet hammie. I know how hard it is to lose one! When Ritz died when I was 13, I cried for over five hours and had to miss a day of school! I found comfort in knowing that he was in a better place, and no long sick, as he had been ill like your Anastasia.

At least Belle's surgery went well! That's really great, I'm glad. I guess our prayers paid off :) I'm sorry about your toe, but I am sure everything will go fine. Keep your chin up. Like I said before, it can only get better now :)

Logan
09-07-2001, 10:21 PM
Oh, I am so sorry about Anastasia too. Our little hamsters just don't live long enough...always seems like when they settle down and are tame enough to really love, then its time for them to pass on. :(

I'm so glad the surgery went ok for Dixie Belle. Now you just have to get her fancy head gear off and she'll be happy! :p

And I'm sorry about your toe...feet can be a bit tough sometimes, but surely you'll feel better after it is taken care of, plus I'll bet you get lots of extra "puppy love" while you're home recuperating. Get some good books and enjoy the time at home! I always heard that the bad things come in sets of "3s", so I think you have achieved it.

I'll send some good karma your way! Get better soon!

Sudilar
09-08-2001, 12:16 AM
So sorry about Anastasia.

Glad Dixie Belle's surgery is over and she's doing fine.

Hope your toe gets better.

crow_noir
09-08-2001, 12:33 AM
omg1 so sorrrrries! *hugs* and i hope surgery goes well! i'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

tatsxxx11
09-08-2001, 06:08 AM
I'm so sorry that sweet little Anastasia passed on. :( They are such delicate and fragile little critters, and sadly live such short lives. I cried for days when I lost my first hammie. But I am so glad to hear that Dixie Belle came through the surgery with flying colors! Now, it's time for you to heal yourself! I know the furkids will be there by your side, giving you lots of love and licks as you recupperate! Like Logan says, it should be all downhill from here! Best wishes for a very speedy recovery! We will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Albea
09-08-2001, 11:50 AM
Logan and Daisy's mom are right. Bad things always come in 3s. Since you had your quota for this week, everything will be better from now on :D Dixie Belle is on her way and we all wish you a good and quick recovery in the company of your furry friends.