PDA

View Full Version : Simon's gone...

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-24-2003, 04:36 PM
We had to put Simon down today. He was 14 years old, had a huge growth around his liver and his intestines were intertwined in this growth. His liver was also elevated, normal is 111, he was 370. If we were to keep him with us, alive, he would have needed a cathader, forced fed and constantly on fluids. My mom and I decided that that is absolutely no way to live. Simon's on his way to the Rainbow Bridge. :(

You can go to http://snowguitarist.tripod.com , click on Animal Pictures 1 or 2 (Not sure which one) and you can see him there.

I'll miss you, Simon. :(

RedHedd
05-24-2003, 04:39 PM
My Goldie was 15 when I put her down last month suffering from the same kind of cancer. You did the humane thing. I nursed her through the worst of it, but at the end it was time. The tumor was so large she couldn't walk; her pancreas and bowels were involved too. It was so hard to make that decision, but I knew the time was right. You did the right thing. >^..,^<

PayItForward
05-24-2003, 04:53 PM
RIP sweet Simon. :(

You made a hard decision today but you know it was the right thing to do.

Simon will be happy in RB, in no pain, waiting to see you again.

Ps. We sent Caramel to RB today, maybe he'll meet Simon.

Russian Blue
05-24-2003, 05:10 PM
You made the right decision.

RIP Simon

kimlovescats
05-24-2003, 06:37 PM
So sorry that you've lost your Simon, I know it was a tough decision to make .. but it was the right one for sweet Simon.

Steffi N
05-24-2003, 06:44 PM
You did the right, humane thing. Your love would not allow your pet to suffer. Rest in peace Simon.
Rest in peace Goldie and Caramel.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
05-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Thank you, everyone.

Simon was quite a character. Every morning around 7-7:30, he'd be meowing for his food. If you didn't give it to him quick enough, he'd give you this adorable, irresistable face. If he wanted in a room which had a closed door, he'd take both of his paws, place them on the door as high as he can reach and drag them all the way down, over and over until someone let him in or out. He'd meow every time someone walked by his food bowl and he was there. Now I must go on with out looking into those beautiful blues eyes every morning, without hearing him meow for his food or scratching on closed doors.
I'm sorry guys, I'll shut up, I just can't believe he's gone.
I'm sorry to hear about Goldie and Caramel, R.I.P.
Thanks, everyone.

Miss Meow
05-24-2003, 07:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Simon. What a hard decision to make, but it was the right one. He'll be in peace now and without pain.

Cataholic
05-24-2003, 07:19 PM
I am sorry to hear about Simon. What a tough time for you. Simon went to the RB knowing you loved him, and wanted what was best for him. That will be comforting. He is now playing with all of ours that have passed before.
Hugs,
Cataholic

rosethecopycat
05-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Very mature decision for 16 years old.
Your Simon will always remember you for the kindness you showed him, especially this last act of ultimate compassion. He is grateful to his family.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Simon.

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2003, 11:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Simon's passing. :( Just remember that you did the right thing. He's now at Rainbow Bridge and not in any more pain. Maybe my RB Pepper was part of his welcoming committee. RIP sweet Simon.

moosmom
05-24-2003, 11:20 PM
I Love Brian, Forever <3

You made the right decision. Simon lived a long, happy 14 years. You will ALWAYS have your memories.

RIP sweet Simon!!

shais_mom
05-25-2003, 01:35 AM
You have my deepest sympathies for your loss.

smokey the elder
05-25-2003, 09:33 AM
I'm so sorry about Simon. He'll play at the RB with all the other kitties.