PDA

View Full Version : kitties galore in city today for adoption

carole
05-24-2003, 05:19 AM
Well as today was so awful , weather wise, and i was feeling low with the passing of lil Romeo, i decided to go into town and do some shopping, i was in the central mall, looking for cards as they had a half price sale, and on coming out, who should be in the middle of the foyer but THE CATS PROTECTION LEAGUE with more kitties for adoption, of course i could not walk right past, and spent about an hour there, talking to Ruth who runs the shelter, she was the lady i got LEXIE from, so it was good to tell how happy i was with her and how she was thriving, i found out also not only had she lost her own kittens but she was a foster mum for a short while until she got very ill, they said she was such a dear little cat to look after even when she was ill.
I FELL IN LOVE with this adorable little guy, he was around the same age as dear Romeo, a grey and white tuxedo, he was awesome natured, even though there were heaps of people around he just sat in my arms not worried at all, a little girl was holding him first and taking real good care of him i might add, and closely supervised by Ruth, i so wanted to take him, it was so darn hard to walk away, but i had to, i sure hope he finds a loving home, he is so cute.
If only i were Rich, i wouldn't care about the fancy stuff i could buy, well maybe a little lol, but i would be able to afford more cats.
Oh well i have to count my blessings i can have two.:)
It cheered me up to chat with Ruth about Lexie, but i felt sad i could not take the little grey kitten home

jenluckenbach
05-24-2003, 05:38 AM
the hardest place to "window shop" is at a kitten adoption days. Sterling, Willow, Kim and Jim and even Calvin are all results of just "window shopping". Guess I'd better stay away from the shelters.;)

carole
05-24-2003, 05:54 AM
I know Jen i am just a glutton for punishment it seems. I keep telling myself if i know of anyone wanting a kitten i will beable to tell them about this lil guy and to go and get him.
And tomorrow i am off to my first american style cat show jen the mad hatters cat show, really excited.