PDA

View Full Version : I'm a double pillar and we bought a house!

Miss Meow
05-23-2003, 05:51 PM
It's all happening! Oh, and it's my first anniversary at PetTalk this week, so you've been tolerating me for nearly a whole year ;)

We had our final offer on a house accepted earlier this week and it passed the building inspection, so we just need the owner to sign the contract and settle on 25 July! The house itself is nice but let's just say the interior needs a little work (unless I suddenly learn to like various shades of pink :))

Front view
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pa812ab6bf8a007fc09736cf9cc60b96f/fc17fe68.jpg

Back - yay, plenty of room for a garden. Can't wait to start digging, and digging, and ...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p439757084458d5046bccbf129d907277/fc1733bc.jpg

Loungeroom - anyone want some pink pelmets and lights??? I'll pay the postage!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p1d2663358f7b900b3bcaaa24449955a6/fc1733c5.jpg

The main bedroom has a nice bay window, but you can't see it for the pink theatre(?) curtains
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p0519c33aba7bf9f97c5533ba4771020c/fc1733c3.jpg

It shocked us the first time and amazed the second time, yep, the only bright pink kitchen in the known universe!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p24ef70128748d9a55ed4698589e972e0/fc1733c0.jpg

There's a heap of scope so it'll be a lot of fun to modernise when we have the time and money. And there will always be a spare bedroom for any PetTalkers who head down this way

Nomilynn
05-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Wow what a GREAT big back yard!! Lucky!

Congrats!!! :D

Miss Meow
05-23-2003, 05:55 PM
"Artist's" future impression
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pd68c71356b0512f737d78c9d3f60fb38/fc17fbaa.jpg

"Artist's" future future impression :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p7baa23f917b75c2cf8f427a24bb924bb/fc1733b9.jpg

RICHARD
05-23-2003, 05:59 PM
congrats!,

the pink kitchen reminded me of a place i rented once.....

it had a pink refridgerator...if you'd like i can try to see if it's still running????

what a great bedroom window.....do you get the morning or afternoon sun??

slick
05-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Nice house. Pink is OK but back in the late 70's my BF and I rented an apartment with purple kitchen cabinets and the infamous orange/brown shag rug that was so popular back then. Congratulations Miss Meow.

Cataholic
05-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Congrats on the 2P and the new house!!! It looks very, very nice. That backyard does cry out for doggies...but, I see BIG doggies....and WOW did your cats grow. That, or, your house is really small..he he he..

Congrats! Pink curtains? No big deal, just take them down and send them to Las Vegas. I noticed in the kitchen you have what seems to be a smaller range top than we usually have here. So, tell me about that. And, the lounge room...is that what you call the 'family' room, TV, hanging out, etc?

Vermontcat
05-23-2003, 06:23 PM
LOL!:D Miss Meow, I love the future impressions! I was thinking your yard had enough room to add a new dog or two!:)
About the pink kitchen, my daughters' Barbie doll has a pink kitchen, pink bedroom, pink living room,etc, etc.;) Did you buy Barbie's Dream House?;)

Congratulations on the new house! I can't wait to see pics of your cats in that pink kitchen!:)

bluekat
05-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Wow, Congrats on both!!!
Your new house is beautiful!

Paul
05-23-2003, 06:52 PM
   Congratulations! Your house looks beautiful.

Paul

mugsy
05-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Great house!! I'm not too sure about the pink kitchen, but the rest is awesome! I like the back yard too.

tatsxxx11
05-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Congratulations all around! Wow, new house and double pillarhood and your 1 year anniversary!! This calls for a party! The house is beautiful, Nicole and what a GREAT yard! Love your futuristic impression!:D As for all the pink...Did Barbie live there??;) Congratulations to my dear, sweet friend Nicole! I wish you all the best in your new home! Love ya! Sandra:)

Soledad
05-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Yay, Nicole!!

That house is so adorable. I have all sorts of white picket fence fantasies. I'm sure you'll fix her up on the inside. My favourite colour is pink, but that is most certainly wrong! The yard is huge!

You must be so excited. I can't wait to see more pics on the modernisation project.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2003, 07:07 PM
WOW! CONGRATULATIONS ON BOTH THE HOUSE AND THE DOUBLE PILLARHOOD!!!:D

Tina
05-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Congrats on the 2000 post and buying a house!! The house is lovely:)

Miss Meow
05-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
... About the pink kitchen, my daughters' Barbie doll has a pink kitchen, pink bedroom, pink living room,etc, etc.;) Did you buy Barbie's Dream House?;)

You're right, I knew it lacked something ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/paee67428a4eb00a27bb0549ddead6d00/fc16fdff.jpg

Cataholic, yes, the lounge is the family, TV room etc. Richard, if that pink fridge comes within 50 miles of me, you'll hear me screaming from California :)

Thank you

Felicia's Mom
05-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Congrats on 2000 posts and your new house.:)

iceyshiver21
05-23-2003, 09:53 PM
CONGRATS AND CONGRATS!!

AmberLee
05-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Congratulations twice over!

I'm so excited for you. Love your art work, too, btw.

When I first read you post I was thinking "Pink is good, why is she unhappy with the pink in the house?" Okay, a picture IS worth a thousand words. :rolleyes: ;) :D

I'm thrilled for you. Good luck! (Hey, how about a Barbie tiara to wear in your kitchen till you get to redecorate?)

RockyRoad
05-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Congrats on double pillar!! :D

You're house is gorgeus! It's so pretty, and what a yard! :) Congrats!

IttyBittyKitty
05-24-2003, 12:30 AM
And congrats on being double pillar :D .. I am sure your beautiful Meezers will be right at home. So who is the little blue-point? She looks jus like My Pixel!

PMSL at the Barbie photo in your pink kitchen! That kitchen is a horror but it can be fixed :D

Chinadoll
05-24-2003, 01:55 AM
Congrats!!!! Lovely house, HUGE backyard. If I ever buy a place with that big of a backyard, I'd have to reconsider getting a dog either that or turn it into a huge kitty playyard. Oh My, that's alot of pink!! I'm so happy for you. After all the stress I went through to get financing and renegotiating the contract for the condo, I just can imagine the excitement and relief you feel knowing there's an end in sight. I just got word back from my realator today that the seller is more than likely going to accept the contract stipulations and all now all I have left is inspections and we can close at the end of June.
Again, Congrats!!!!

carole
05-24-2003, 05:36 AM
Very attractive house, looks like it has loads of potential too, great section for your puddytats too.

jenluckenbach
05-24-2003, 05:45 AM
Congratulations all around! Your new house to be is lovely, pink and all. (although it might be hard to find kitchen accessories to go with that color.....better take Richard up on that fridge offer. hee hee)
I envy your yard.....a big unsculpted canvas just screaming out for some landscaping. What a joy that will be.

KYS
05-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Cute house, Nice size back yard and I love all the brick work.

I think it was in the 60's around here when
the popular house colors were pink, yellow and green.
(and I am talking outside color of the house, at least
your house is done in beautiful brick)
A PINK Kitchen! that's easy to change. :)

Enjoy your new home.

ChrisH
05-24-2003, 10:06 AM
Congratulations on the 2000, and your new house too, it looks great!:)

Albea
05-24-2003, 12:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON BOTH COUNTS!
The house looks lovely. You'll have so much fun gardening in such a large yard.:)
I can sympathize with you about the "pink," when I bought my house the bathroom was pink, all pink, from floor to ceiling. But there's nothing that time and elbow grease can't fix.

AmylovesMisty
05-24-2003, 12:53 PM
CONGRATS!! Buying a house must be so exciting, i am witnessing as my aunt is moving close by to her present location.

koxka
05-24-2003, 02:02 PM
whats??........................................... ............. I would liked the pink kitchen........................................... .....................................
.................................................. ............................
if I was nine years old!! :D

Yes, the Barbie is what came firts to my mind. ( I hate Barbies and all that represent... :o)

Congrats! Pink curtains? No big deal, just take them down and send them to Las Vegas.
:D :D :D

Congrats one everything , double pillar , house, back yard...................Ahhhh "La Vie en Rose" :D

HoRsELUvR
05-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Congratulations on the new house!:) It's very pretty!Also congrats on double pillarhood!

Aspen and Misty
05-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Congrats! On everything! And Wow, thats Pink! LOL.

I love the house! I ebt your kitties will to!

Ash

lynnestankard
05-24-2003, 04:08 PM
G'day Nicole!!!
A Great big CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a Double-Blabberer!!

The house is lovely and a bit of overdone pink paint can soon be painted over!! Thank goodness eh?!

Lynne

Russian Blue
05-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Congrats!!

We bought our house last July 25th and had 3 other people bidding on it. I absolutely loved looking for a new home! It's such an exciting process. This is the first spring season in my home so it's exciting seeing all the plant life coming up in the gardens. I'm such a bad gardener I'm so glad there are some perrenials to fill in the spaces. ;)

Pink kitchen, eeekkkk! I was traumatized as a child by my mother always dressing me in pink outfits. I'm sure if I went to see that house, I would have passed out!!

:D :p

CamCamPup33
05-24-2003, 05:30 PM
WOW beautiful outside of the house :rolleyes: inside does need some dif coloring.. white picket fences ;)

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2003, 01:02 AM
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW HOUSE, BEING A DOUBLE PILLAR, & YOUR 1st ANNIVERSARY AT PET TALK!!! . Your house looks beautiful from the outside and it has a nice looking backyard too. :D At least you can change the pink to a more suitable color. They say that things come in three's and it sure seems that way for you. :D Good luck in your new home.

smokey the elder
05-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Congratulations! Buying a house is tough but exciting.

Randi
05-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Congratulations on your double pillarhood, your 1 year Anniversary and your new house. :) I love the house and the huge back garden! The kitties are gonna love it!

I'd start with parsley, dill, thyme etc. right away. - And don't forget catnip! :D

Good luck finding a colour for the kitchen! :D

Vio&Juni
05-25-2003, 11:00 AM
The house is great, I love big windows, and the back yard is so nice. I am sure, it will look different after you'll dig ;)

I love your future fantasies :)

NB But the pink kitchen is SOMETHING!!!

Rottieluver45
05-25-2003, 11:46 AM
WOW!! YOU HAVE A PINK KITCHEN!!!!

We just bought a new house too! We`re moving to Austin TX,closer to Aly!!!YAY

captain
05-27-2003, 11:38 PM
Nicole,

I am embarressed to say I only realised TODAY that you bought a house, AND double pillarhood. How disgusting of me ..:rolleyes:

LOVE that pink "motif" you have going .......

I will HAVE to pop in once you get it.
You have a great big back yard for me to bring my spotties around to play in, and I will also bring along several tins of "any other colour BUT Pink" paint for the kitchen .....:D

Congrats!

Miss Meow
05-28-2003, 12:11 AM
We could housemind your spotties if you go away! :)

Bring a can of any colour but Barbie pink. I got the new Laminex catalogue and that colour isn't used any more, surprise, surprise!

We were there today and the best news is that there is a paddock over the back fence with about six horses! One looks quite old and a bit lean, but we'll have him fattened up in no time. He doesn't have a rug on so I'll have to be nosy and find the owner - at this stage in his life he deserves a bit of help to keep warm.

And I saw a Siamese cat crossing the street, which must be good luck. But why do people let their animals out on the roads, grrrrrr :mad:

shais_mom
05-28-2003, 01:28 AM
LOL
awesome house!!! I am in love with the yard! But would go running from the pink kitchen also!

Dakota's Mommy
05-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Well, congrats! The house is very nice, minus the pinkness in it coming from a person who hates pink! Anyways, ones you get your personal touches, including color, that home will be perfect, it's a very cute house though, especially with all those windows!

captain
05-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Well, I just went into :

Please, ANY OTHER COLOUR .. (http://www.mycolour.com.au)

and Gee whiz - so many OTHER pinks to choose from too...... :D

Might help you select ANY OTHER COLOUR. Really cool.

Cheers
Michelle

anna_66
05-28-2003, 07:38 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!
oh sorry, I forgot....pinks not your color:p

The house looks wonderful (minus the color;) ) and the yard is to die for.
Now, you just need a few dogs to make it picture perfect!

captain
05-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Anna_66

You will be glad to know I have offered the services of my spotty ones to inhabit the garden from time to time ...........

Not sure what the kitty kats will do about that ......

I am thinking of buying a PINK lead for Ruby, and perhaps a PINK jacket .....? Just so Nicole knows who we are ..... :D

GoldenRetrLuver
05-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Congrats on 2000! Very nice house too, i love the backyard!:)

Miss Meow
05-28-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by captain
Well, I just went into :

Please, ANY OTHER COLOUR .. (http://www.mycolour.com.au)

That is so much fun! Just learnt that I can't design to save myself, but at least I didn't spill any paint :)

Just for the record, I like pink. I just don't like it in huge bright quantities that's going to scare me witless first thing in the mornings :)

Cincy'sMom
05-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Well, I I am late (as usual) in replying, but Congrats on 1 yr on PT, Pillarhood ( times 2) and a new house!!! It looks wonderful!!! I thought the Pink bathroom was bad in our house (thankfully, it has been changed!), but that kitchen is something else!!!!

I was going to make a comment about needing some doggies to fillup that big yard, but I see you have "artistically" added some and Captain has offered hers for a visit. you'll be all set!!!