PDA

View Full Version : Nugget is bleeding...

Desert Arabian
05-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Nugget, my second oldest girl (rat) has blood in her vagina. It is all over her tail, vaginal area, and anal area. The sleeping area where she was resting is also covered in blood. The other ratties who were laying with her also have blood on them. My dad and I are going up north this weekend...I am going to have my mom make a vet appt ASAP. Hopefully she can get her in on Saturday. I am really worried. I am looking on the interent for some information on vaginal bleeding. Besides the bleeding, she appears to be normal.

I will make updates when more information arrives.

:(

Desert Arabian
05-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Well, I have bad news. Nugget has a reproductive tumor. There is not much we can do. Considering her age, the risk factor, and the price factor ($450-$660), all we can basically do is wait it out until she shows signs of "it's time".

I wish this was a happy update.

:( :(

slick
05-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. Must be very heartbreaking for you. Please give kisses to Nugget from me.

Tweety_Pie
05-23-2003, 06:45 PM
AWWWWW:( IM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT NUGGET!:( that is really sad.

I am sending you my prayers that Nugget will be safe and sound intill her time comes.

I am so sad:(

jenluckenbach
05-23-2003, 07:04 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Nugget. Make the most of your time together. HUGS

RockyRoad
05-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Oh YLL, I'm so sorry about Nugget. I'm glad you found out what it was though. You and dear sweet Nugget will be in my thoughts and prayers.
{{{Hugs}}}

binka_nugget
05-23-2003, 11:51 PM
prayers are on the way for dear nugget. Hope she gets some extra good luvin to make her time as happy as can be.

aly
05-23-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm so sorry about sweet Nugget. I know she will be happy and comfortable with you for her remaining time she has left. I know how hard it is to lose one of your beloved furbabies. Stay strong and know that you and your family and your ratties are in my thoughts and prayers.

popcornbird
05-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Oh no! :(:(:( I was hoping it was just a minor injury or something and nothing serious. :( I'm SO sorry. :( I know how much your rats mean to you and its so unfortunate these little critters don't live too long. I really hope she'll get better and still have some time left with you before its her time. :( So sorry! :(

How old is she btw if you don't mind? :(

Aspen and Misty
05-24-2003, 12:40 AM
O I am so sorry ::hugs::

You did all you could and I know she thinks of you as a wonderful mother.

My prayers will be with you and Nugget.

Ash

CathyBogart
05-24-2003, 12:44 AM
I'm sorry, poor Nugget! At least you know that she has had a great life, and you will make the end as comfortable as possivle for her. It's so hard to lose ratties so soon. their lifespan is just unfair. :(

shais_mom
05-24-2003, 12:56 AM
You and Nugget will be in my thoughts.
Have a safe trip. Hope to see your Mom Sunday.

RubyMutt
05-24-2003, 10:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that :( :( Nugget will be in my thoughts. I hope she'll be a very happy rattie until her time comes. I'm so sorry :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-24-2003, 07:38 PM
OH no!!!!! Poor Nugget... that's so sad... I will pray my heart out that she gets better... Spend as much time as you can with her.. Wow.. I am soooo sorry. :(:(

Cookiebaker
05-24-2003, 09:33 PM
Ohh YLL, I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Nugget. Enjoy every minute you have with her, take lots of pictures, and make her feel very special. I'm so sorry!!

Jessica12345
05-25-2003, 10:59 AM
ooohhh, Im sooo sorry. :( please give sweet little nugget a kiss for me, and give her extra loving. again i am extremely sorry. **HUGS** :( :(

Desert Arabian
05-25-2003, 10:29 PM
We just got back from the cottage. We decided to bring Nugget with us, I felt bad to leave her alone. She had a good time, she seems just fine, but her urine is still bloody.

PCB, she was born in January 2002, not sure of the exact day.

Thanks for all your caring words and prayers. I will update the thread when more reportable information pops up.

:( :)

cocker_luva
05-25-2003, 10:40 PM
so she's only a year old! wow that seems young! i'm sooooo sorry!!:eek: :( :eek: :(

wolf_Q
05-26-2003, 12:38 AM
So sorry to hear about this. :( I hope she spends the rest of her days feeling well, and I'm sure she'll have lots of loving from her mommy.

popcornbird
05-26-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by cocker_luva
so she's only a year old! wow that seems young! i'm sooooo sorry!!:eek: :( :eek: :(

I don't think its young for a rat. Or is it? :confused:

I'm glad you could take her with you, and hope she still has sometime with you before its time to part. So sorry. :( Was she born in your house? :(

Desert Arabian
05-26-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I don't think its young for a rat. Or is it? :confused:

I'm glad you could take her with you, and hope she still has sometime with you before its time to part. So sorry. :( Was she born in your house? :(

It's not too terribly old, yet it isn't young. Peanut is approaching 2 years (in August)...that's old! Rats only tend to live 2-3 years. It is very rare if they live past three.

No, she was not born at my house, we got her from the pet store. My rat Sweet Pea, is Nugget's daughter, she was born at my house.

Desert Arabian
05-28-2003, 03:11 PM
She is still peeing blood, but other wise she seems just fine. Peanut's health has caught my attention too, since she is a super senior, I think it's just taking over her. :(

We are going back up to the cottage this weekend, Sammy and the rats are coming back up with us. Going up to the cottage seems to cheer them up, they love the cottage, so many new places to explore.

:)