PDA

View Full Version : Photos of an unusual pet!

Vermontcat
05-23-2003, 01:32 PM
This camel lives on a sheep farm in a town near me.
You can see some of the sheep in the background.

Has anyone else seen unusual pets in their area?

slick
05-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Haven't seen any around here but I remember as a kid my parents took us somewhere for vacation (can't remember where) and we actually rode a camel. I remember it being a very bumpy ride....:D

ramanth
05-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Not anywhere near me or my neighborhood but this is my Aunt's little boy. His name is Roscoe. :)

http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/roscoe.jpg

http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/roscoe1.jpg

http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/roscoe2.jpg

slleipnir
05-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Aww what cuties! (Camel and Zebra)

Desert Arabian
05-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Hmmm.....my dad's friend used to have an Emu. That creature was neat! Its feathers were really soft!

Camel, that's interesting!! What a cutie! That Zebra is beautiful!

Tina
05-23-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't think I've ever seen unusual pets around here. I know there was some buffalo farms around here. But I'm not sure if the people still have them or not.

The camel is a cutie!! And the zebra Roscoe he is so gorgeous!!

Vermontcat
05-23-2003, 05:52 PM
The Camel was just a baby when the farm got it last summer. When I first saw the Camel I thought I was imagining it!
They also have Llamas or Alpacas there besides the sheep.
The sheep are Merino and are used for their wool. I would guess that is what they use the Llamas or Alpacas and the little Camel for, the Camel is quite wooly. He was even out in the snow on some winter days!
I have seen Buffalo on another farm in the area but they were recently moved to another farm in upstate New York. I'm pretty sure there is an Emu farm around here somewhere too, I have seen an Emu at the local fair.
Ramanth, I just love Roscoe the Zebra!:D Great pics! Where does he live?

Miss Meow
05-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Roscoe and the camel are so cute!

Our neighbour's truck has an advertising sign for an elk farm, but I don't know where it is. We also have alpaca, deer, miniature ponies, camels and ostriches in paddocks in our area. It's a huge surprise to be driving around one particular blind corner, and all of a sudden there's 20 camels staring us in the face!

Vermontcat
05-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Miss Meow, I thought for sure that you would mention that you have wild kangaroos and koala's in the back yard of your new home.;)
Those two animals would only be in zoos around here.

RubyMutt
05-23-2003, 08:37 PM
CUTE!!!
One of my co-workers was telling be about a kangaroo and walabee farm near where I live! She's taken her son there a few times :) I'd like to go see it, but I need to get better directions from her.

Rocky'smomma
05-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Our neighbors who live across the street have guine's, pigs, chickens, horses, cats, dogs, ummm..I feel like I am forgetting something since they have so many...it's like a little farm over there....ohh wait...they do have a little hamster but he is inside of course.:)

Aspen and Misty
05-24-2003, 12:44 AM
On our way home from school everyday we pass Horses, Cows, Lama's chickens and yes, the absolutly Normal Buffolo Herd grazing in the near by pastors. Thats right, some people own about 10 Buffolo (sp). Hee hee, they had babies and the babies are just as cute as can be! 2 I think.

And then of course at T&d's they have Lions, Bears, Coyoties, Skuns, Tigers, Emue's (them things are awesome!), Peacocks (who scream like children), and they have 3 diffrent type of deer, all as pets, O yea and there black panther. They have a marvolouse collection of animals to share with the public, all the animals were saved from some type of situation that was not good for them.

Ash

RubyMutt
05-24-2003, 10:01 AM
We have a couple buffalo farms around here too. They are so cute!! :D I love going by them, it always reminds me of Yellowstone :D

ramanth
05-29-2003, 10:17 AM
We have a few Emu farms around MI. The Camel is so cute!

Originally posted by Vermontcat
Ramanth, I just love Roscoe the Zebra!:D Great pics! Where does he live?
He lives near San Diego, CA. He's my cousin. :D (My aunt has no human children.... just pets)

ILuvMyDaisy
06-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Well, if you live on a farm, it isn't an unusual pet. However, I live in a regular neighborhood in a suburb in Louisville. I was taking a walk around where I live, and at a house the next street over, there is a pygmy goat in the backyard. Lives like a dog would in a backyard--it has its own 'house', food, water, toys, etc. Every now and then, when I am on my front porch, I can hear it making goat sounds (bah?)

If any of you all live in a suburb or whatever like me, have you all seen any animals unlike your typical dog, cat, bird, etc?

ChloeLove
06-16-2003, 03:24 PM
How cool!! :D