PDA

View Full Version : PICs (and Jay #2)

zippy-kat
05-22-2003, 10:12 PM
This is Jay Cheeter, the "original" jay.

As an uppie-date, I tried to get a permit to keep him but was unable to gain one. I'll be able to keep him for another week and then he must go to a wildlife rehab.

What a cutie. It's going to break my heart to give this guy up.

wolf_Q
05-22-2003, 10:15 PM
He's so pretty! Sorry to hear you can't keep him. :( Hopefully he will live a long and healthy life!

zippy-kat
05-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Tonight we found another baby. (S)He's much more developed than Jay Cheeter.

zippy-kat
05-22-2003, 10:16 PM
And here's both of them.

Jay Cheeter is in the bowl.

popcornbird
05-22-2003, 10:23 PM
OMG! SO CUUUUUTE! I LOVE THEM! Jay Cheeter is sure getting some pretty blue feathers! :) Its going to be tough letting go of them. I can imagine how attached you must be now. :( They're so cute! I'm glad you could take care of them and nurse them during their stay with you. Good luck!

shais_mom
05-23-2003, 12:38 AM
glad you found them
Sorry you can't keep them :(
Will keep you in my thoughts as always

Nomilynn
05-23-2003, 12:42 AM
What sweeties! Too bad you can't keep them. We found a bird once.. it was a cross beak.. her wing was severly damaged and she couldn't fly. We called a wildlife place, and the guy said "I'll pretend you never called, and that we never had this conversation.. if you can keep her, do it because if she can't be rehabed she'll be put down. Here is what those birds eat!"

He was such a cool guy! :) We kept her, but then she died.. one of our cats found her on the floor and either she had a heard attack or she was internally injured. She was about the only bird I've ever liked.

Maybe you should tell the wildlife lady they "flew away" hint hint ;)

Logan
05-23-2003, 07:51 AM
I'm having trouble understanding why they wouldn't allow a willing person to foster these animals, Tonya. Of course, I wasn't much help to you because I left messages with two volunteers and they never called me back! I guess they are probably inundated with their own rescues.

Both babies are adorable, though, and you're giving them an excellent start!!! :)

Tina
05-23-2003, 10:47 AM
They are such cuties! I'm sorry that you can't keep them:(

lute
05-23-2003, 10:13 PM
i personally find it odd how people think that wild birds like robins,blue jays,cardinals,finches,etc...are so different from birds like parrots,macaws and birds like that....my mom always tells me that wild birds might have mites or lice or something wrong with them.:(

aly
05-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Awww, they're cuties! I'm sorry you can't keep them.

Aspen and Misty
05-24-2003, 10:18 AM
O man, that stinks you can't keep them! To adorable!

Some birds push there almost grown babies, like the second one you found, out of the nest and that is how the baby learns to fly. The only stupid part of that is cats! LOL, don't those birds know cats will eat there babies??

I'm glad you rescued them both! They are to adorable!!!

Ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Aww.. how cute!!! *cuteness overload...* sorry you can't keep him! *aww...*