PDA

View Full Version : that fly doesn't stand CHANCE!

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 08:45 PM
a few minutes ago, Emma and Louise ran into the room, intently chasing something... it was a fly... Em caught it, the poor fella didn't stand a chance! now I see Lu is after one, or it may be the same one tho I think Emma ate that one(how gross is that?!)
I used to dread flies getting in, now I just think, big mistake , poor thing. with 5 cats in this house...:D

kimlovescats
05-22-2003, 10:14 PM
hehehe .... instant toy! Of course, I also hate for my kitties to eat the nasty things... YUCK!

RedHedd
05-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Mishi is a GREAT fly catcher! A 15 lb. flying fly catcher - it's SO entertaining. :D

aguu
05-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Hey, it's protein - good for them!!
Mishka LOVES to eat big spiders.

trinity
05-23-2003, 02:09 PM
Kunan's official name is Kunan Flycatcher. A 20lb fly catcher. He puts a great deal of thought into it too...stares for a bit...swats is down a few times...then...GULP! And he licks his lips afterwards...yuck!:eek:

jenluckenbach
05-23-2003, 07:10 PM
I dread when there is a fly in the house. It seems to give the cats the green light for running, jumping and breaking. I always make Charlie go kill it before the cats kill themselves.:p

marysmerrycats
05-23-2003, 09:32 PM
I always make Charlie go kill it before the cats kill themselves.

...aww but mom.. you took all our fun away! (j/k Jen)

I can just picture this grown man chasing the fly around the house with the cats behind him, ..."hey look, dad wants to play too!"lol:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-23-2003, 09:39 PM
I used to dread flies getting in, now I just think, big mistake , poor thing. with 5 cats in this house...

*lol*
Yep.... there is no bug who stands a chance in my house either.... if it doesn't get eaten it will for sure get killed...:eek:

Rocky'smomma
05-23-2003, 10:06 PM
I don't even use fly swatters anymore..I jsut let Rock & Fluff get them..:) They have fun with them :D

AmberLee
05-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
..."hey look, dad wants to play too!"...

Ow! I laughed so hard I hurt myself!:D :D :D

IttyBittyKitty
05-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Pixel likes to eat the REALLY big bugs - it worries because some of the bugs we get here in Australia (such as Christmas Beetles) shouldn't be eaten by cats as it damages their stomach lining because their shells splinter into big sharp splinters. I don't mind her chasing the little bugs and flies, it's just really gross when she eats them.

My former flatmate's cat, Maxi, once walked into the room with a moth in his mouth. He had the moth's body in his mouth, with it's wings flapping madly on the outside. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen! Believe it or not, the moth escaped with it's life ...

marysmerrycats
05-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Ow! I laughed so hard I hurt myself! LOL don't hurt yourself!

it worries because some of the bugs we get here in Australia (such as Christmas Beetles) shouldn't be eaten by cats I know what you mean, I worry about them getting ahold of a brown spider, which is dangerous to humans(watch out for red streaks near the bite) and I think it could be dangereous to cats too...? I also worry very much about them getting a scorpion or centipede!

marysmerrycats
05-24-2003, 03:31 AM
"I don't even use fly swatters anymore..I jsut let Rock & Fluff get them.. They have fun with them "

yeah, same here...I bought a fly swatter when I moved in, but have never had to use it!

catmandu
05-24-2003, 09:43 AM
juke joint joseph just loves to chase flys , but he is a bit on the awkard side and as Jen says they do more damge that a hundred flys could ever do! So I put up strips and a dad of honey in the light shade so they will fly in and get burned up!

smokey the elder
05-25-2003, 09:17 AM
TicTac was chasing a fly the other night. He was a 15 lb (7 kg) guided missile!:D

lailamara
05-25-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by aguu
Hey, it's protein - good for them!!
Mishka LOVES to eat big spiders.
Maya will catch the big spiders and carry them around in her mouth drop them and then chase them. She doesn't kill or eat them. I'm so afraid she'll drop them on the bed when i don't see her. Yuck:eek:

Pam
05-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I dread when there is a fly in the house. It seems to give the cats the green light for running, jumping and breaking.

:D Sounds like here! They give no thought to the fact that as they come down from that daring leap to reach the ceiling they are about to land on a lamp. :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Storm is my bug alerter in my house. If a bug is too high for him to reach, he'll start meowing to get my attention. I also try to kill the bugs before my cats can get them. Sometimes I'm not fast enough and they eat them. Yuck!!!:eek:

HayleyRosie
05-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
If a bug is too high for him to reach, he'll start meowing to get my attention.

I know what you mean. Hayley gets very mad when she can't reach them. I don't think Mandy even notices they are there.:confused: